DC: One Year Later discussion (Spoilers!)

Re: DC: One Year Later discussion

Spoiled summaries below.

Outsiders: Interesting start. The world thinks the Outsiders are dead. They exist as a secret strike force(assumption). Thunder has infiltrated an African dictatorship and gotten close to the president. She's sent to report on the massacre of an ethnic minority community in the country and ends up blowing her and the teams cover to stop it.
Cast: Nightwing, Thunder, Grace, Shift, Captain Bommerang(Owen Mercer).
Notably Missing: Arsenal(?), Jade(Dead)

Detective Comics: Incredible start. Jim Gordon is Police Commissioner again, Batman & Robin are back after an unexplained absence. Harvey Dent is acting as a vigilante, eliminating KGBeast. A voice starts talking to him, presumably Two-Face, telling him "Its ok, I'm back". Poison Ivy attacks a corporate tower. Batman & Robin swing off to stop her.
Cast: KGBeast, Harvey Bullock, Harvey Dent, Jim Gordon, Police Officer whose name I can't remember, Batman, Robin.
Notably Missing: Bruce Wayne? Tim Drake? And is Jason still alive or not?

Anyone care to post for Aquaman, JSA & Blood Of The Demon in this format?

Last edited:

JSA - lame.

Outsiders
- While I've been reading some before the jump. i was shock on who the new member is and I think it is a good idea. I'm also wonderig where some other members are?

I think JSA still had the same basic cast, and the storyline was them seeing ghosts of their dead friends/family. :?

Well, today I read Aquaman and Detective Comics. Detective Comics was good, lots of hints to stuff that has gone on in the last year. Aquaman... I didn't like. It was confusing, the art was bad, and the story didn't interest me.

So out of the 4 OYL books I've read so far, I'll be continuing two: Outsiders and Detective Comics.

Aquaman - This was really interesting. I was confused out of my mind cause of it. But I think that was the point. I don't know. Is this a spoiler thread or not?
If not don't read any more.

A man named Arthur Curry. After a shipwreck he fell in the sea. He started to find civilalition. Someone starts to communiate mentally. He tells him to save this
Shark guy. He saves him and they travel to met the guy. He explains who is his and he is there to help him though his destiny. He tells him to go get his clothes. Arthur comes back in Aquaman's uniform. He says that he isn't Aquaman and explains how he got his powers. Shark agrees say that Aquaman has been around for years and he isn't some kid.

B

Detective Comics - Very great start. I'm curious as to the events that they referred to. And why Poison Ivy is alive. I'm wondering who was talking to Dent, if it was Batman or what.

B

Why does DC let Byrne write anymore? Oh, I suppose they just give him the crappy titles that nobody reads.

thee great one said:
I want to read something good with the Demon.
Go get Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run then. He shows up a few times. Kevin Smith's Green Arrow had him appear too. Now a dedicated Demon run is a little harder, I don't think anythngs really been collected. Doc COmic, thats your que.

Baxter said:
Go get Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run then. He shows up a few times. Kevin Smith's Green Arrow had him appear too. Now a dedicated Demon run is a little harder, I don't think anythngs really been collected. Doc COmic, thats your que.

I do plan on the smith's ga. I don't know about swamp thing. I loathe old school comics.

thee great one said:
I do plan on the smith's ga. I don't know about swamp thing. I loathe old school comics.
See now I wouldn't call them Old School. Old School comics are things put in Essentials, nearly unreadable and full of horribly expositionary dialogue. What you'd get with moore's swamp things is a comic that, writing wise, could be produced today. If you can find the blacka nd white reprints from the Essential Vertigo or the UK releases it even looks like something that would come out now. (I never realised how much the linework changed in the coloring process untill I read The Anatomy Lesson in B&W. It's beautiful.)

Uh, buy it. Yeah.

Moore's Swamp Thing, one of the greates runs.....ever...

Can anyone catch me up on what has been going on in the One Year Later books, I've only read Detective Comics and Outsiders?

So, I just read Superman, Birds of Prey and Nightwing.

Birds of Prey was good, cool art and good story. I'll be getting the next issue.

Nightwing... I didn't like the art. The story didn't interest me. The cliffhanger was good, but not good enough for me to continue the story.

Superman was excellent. Cool art, good story. Superman doesn't have his powers. :shock:

Latest posts

Back