DC Universe Online

Re: DC, Jim Lee to collaborate on DC-based MMORPG

Ask Ourchair what's wrong with Jim Lee. He'll tell you, so he will.
What IS wrong with Jim Lee?

Wait, is he that midget **** who keeps taking my table at the Korean restaurant near my place?!?!?!

On Saturdays, he washes Grant Morrison's car to pay for copies of FHM that he traces all of his drawings off of.

On Saturdays, he washes Grant Morrison's car to pay for copies of FHM that he traces all of his drawings off of.
No, no, that's Greg Land.

However, Jim Lee gets denied at bars and strip clubs unless accompanied by adult supervision, namely Frank Miller's. It's just as well, because Lee can't reach the bar stool.

All of theses made it so obvious now, thank you. :lol::lol:

Some new details have emerged of DC Universe Online, the new PC and PS3 MMO in development at Sony Online Entertainment.

In this month's Edge magazine, executive creative director Jim Lee describes DC Universe as a "kick-*** hybrid between a traditional MMO and a first-person action console game".

This looks very interesting.

You'll get to create your own superhero or villain,

I'm so making a villain. Anyone here with a pc or ps3 who gets it want to form our own evil group or to try and stop me? :twisted:

Although you don't get to "be" any of the famous DC characters, you do get to interact with them. That might mean you end up saving Superman from being stabbed with a shard of kryptonite by Lex Luthor. Or, if you're a villain, you could cause carnage by chucking cars around downtown Metropolis, thereby encouraging the boy in blue to turn up and fight you.

:D "Come to me, son of Jor-El! Kneel before Mole!"

There will be PvP arenas, and you'll be able to make use of your superpowers and those of others in interesting ways. For example, someone might freeze your character in a block of ice, then pick up the block and chuck it at another player. In some instances, PvP fights will end up turning into giant PvE boss battles.

Now that is interesting. They can turn in to boss battles? That sounds great.

More here http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=161093

Last edited:

Those screens are beautiful.

I agree. only part I don't like is Joker's head/face looks weird.

However I'm not sure on the cut scene thing. I've never seen a cut scene in a mmo before.

Last edited:

huh... I wonder how well a superhero game will work from first-person.

I agree. only part I don't like is Joker's head/face looks weird.

I like it. The Joker's head/face is supposed to look weird, its part of his charm. ;)

However I'm not sure on the cut scene thing. I've never seen a cut scene in a mmo before.

I'm pretty sure The Matrix Online game uses cutscenes to further the story. I think they're downloaded just like patches, you know? Besides what is already on the disc itself, that is.

I could be wrong, but I don't expect the game to look that good in gameplay.

I like it. The Joker's head/face is supposed to look weird, its part of his charm. ;)

That is true, but I was expecting a little more Timmverse looking and little less Bobble head of super friends looking.:lol:

I'm pretty sure The Matrix Online game uses cutscenes to further the story. I think they're downloaded just like patches, you know? Besides what is already on the disc itself, that is.

I could be wrong, but I don't expect the game to look that good in gameplay.

Ah cool. Yeah I've not played many mmos only ones I really played were "Star wars galaxies" and "City of heroes" but I wasn't sure if others had them. That's cool if they do.

Yeah...the Joker just looks like a stupid non-human character. He reminds me of the way the Penguin didn't look anything like a person in Batman Returns.

Anyway, the trailer was fun. It looks like it will probably be like an online version of Ultimate Alliance. It's just a pity it's not coming out on any platforms I have. :(

Last edited:

The trailer was alright but it makes it look like you can control Superman, Batman, Joker, Black Adam, Sinestro, Green Arrow etc. Why can't they make a game that's not online but still lets me explore the DC Universe and play as anyone?

The trailer was alright but it makes it look like you can control Superman, Batman, Joker, Black Adam, Sinestro, Green Arrow etc. Why can't they make a game that's not online but still lets me explore the DC Universe and play as anyone?

Yes! YES!

They need to make that game and make it good, before they go all out and do an online game for just one platform.

I almost can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd have much more faith and excitement in a Marvel version of this.

Last edited:

Yes! YES!

They need to make that game and make it good, before they go all out and do an online game for just one platform.

I almost can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd have much more faith and excitement in a Marvel version of this.

That's because Marvel have done Ultimate Alliance, and while it wasn't perfect, it showed us what they wanted to do and that they could do it. On the other hand, we've got two DC games, one that is online and only allows you to use characters you create and another that has characters from an entirely different game series. What the ****?

That's because Marvel have done Ultimate Alliance, and while it wasn't perfect, it showed us what they wanted to do and that they could do it. On the other hand, we've got two DC games, one that is online and only allows you to use characters you create and another that has characters from an entirely different game series. What the ****?

Hang on, what's the second one?

And yeah, I agree 100% and when I say that I have more faith in a Marvel version, it's mainly because of Ultimate Alliance. A free-roaming, fully customisable, online Ultimate Alliance would be the ultimate Comic Book game.

Hang on, what's the second one?

And yeah, I agree 100% and when I say that I have more faith in a Marvel version, it's mainly because of Ultimate Alliance. A free-roaming, fully customisable, online Ultimate Alliance would be the ultimate Comic Book game.

This Mortal Kombat vs. DC thing.

Latest posts

Back