DC Universe Online

Re: DC, Jim Lee to collaborate on DC-based MMORPG

So, I really don't give a **** about MMO's. They've always just seemed like stupid grinding affairs to me. I'm not gonna hold out too much hope, but this looks kind of cool. I mean, I doubt I'll subscribe to it, but it still looks kind of cool.

Hang on, what's the second one?

And yeah, I agree 100% and when I say that I have more faith in a Marvel version, it's mainly because of Ultimate Alliance. A free-roaming, fully customisable, online Ultimate Alliance would be the ultimate Comic Book game.

I've got an awesome idea for how that could work.

As nerdy as this sounds, I've been looking to get into a MMORPG for a while now. It seems like an interesting addiction to have and a superhero styled one would definitely appeal to me. I'm really not into the sort of fantasy, swords and spells MMORPGs that make up the majority of them, so a superhero styled one would suit me just fine. Pity this looks crap.

As nerdy as this sounds, I've been looking to get into a MMORPG for a while now. It seems like an interesting addiction to have and a superhero styled one would definitely appeal to me. I'm really not into the sort of fantasy, swords and spells MMORPGs that make up the majority of them, so a superhero styled one would suit me just fine. Pity this looks crap.

Yeah. See, I'm not interested in MMORPG's because they're just point-click-grind. But the idea of massively multiplayer shooter, strategy, and action games really appeal to me.

Last edited:

Yeah. See, I'm not interested in MMORPG's because they're just point-click-grind. But the idea of massively multiplayer shooter, strategy, and action games really appeal to me.

Definitely.

I remember years ago, playing the first level in the first Spider-Man Movie game, how cool it would be if they made a MMO Spidey game where you just swung around New York, fighting crimes, or causing them, or helping other people to solve them. Go figure.

Definitely.

I remember years ago, playing the first level in the first Spider-Man Movie game, how cool it would be if they made a MMO Spidey game where you just swung around New York, fighting crimes, or causing them, or helping other people to solve them. Go figure.

See, that's the problem I think. I don't know a whole lot about these types of games, but from what I understand, it would be pretty impossible to have all that happening in the same city persistently for everyone to see. I'd rather see combat and all that keyed to instanced maps so that you could actually have a rewarding combat system. You know, so it's not 50 people slowly punching down an enemy's health bar.

Last edited:

Oh no you're right, it was just a 12-year old's pipe dream. :)

Hah. No, I follow.

So, I really think Alan Moore's Twilight of the Gods would be a great blueprint for a persistent online DC game.

Last edited:

Then if you don't want the dc one and want a superhero mmmo get this http://www.ultimatecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10803 It does look cool.

Get onto City of Heroes/Villains then. I just renewed my account after taking some WoW-time off. I have been on the US servers for a while now.

Get onto City of Heroes/Villains then. I just renewed my account after taking some WoW-time off. I have been on the US servers for a while now.

Your better doing what I said above. The game I mentioned in previous post is made by COH people BUT it's basically City of heroes turned up a notch. It looks fantastic plus it'll available on 360 for those who are not sure if pc will play it (that's why I'm glad dc is coming to ps3 :lol: Nothing worse than buying a pc game to find out it wont on my pc)

It looks nice, but I already have a character in CoX, and I wanna level him up before trying anything else. Or before Wrath of the Lich King comes out for WoW. And before Warhammer Online comes out.

It looks nice, but I already have a character in CoX, and I wanna level him up before trying anything else. Or before Wrath of the Lich King comes out for WoW. And before Warhammer Online comes out.

That's cool dude. The two i'm looking forward to is DC Universe and MAG (assuming you count that) for ps3. If my pc was better I would get that champions and Dragonball online when that comes out here

I wonder if it's possible to join the Sinestro corps.

In this game you create your own superhero character and just interact with the Big Guns and B, C, and even D listers from the DC universe, right? You don't actually get to play as Batman and Robin or Superman I assume.

Also, I can see the game designers playing occasionally as some of the big names...they used to do that in the Matrix Online game.

Last edited:
In this game you create your own superhero character and just interact with the Big Guns and B, C, and even D listers from the DC universe, right?

Yes as well as do your own stuff and its Super villains you can create too. Should be cool

Also, I can see the game designers playing occasionally as some of the big names...they used to do that in the Matrix Online game.

That would be cool, even more so if your fighting them and they react more like a human player and less like A.I

Last edited:
In this game you create your own superhero character and just interact with the Big Guns and B, C, and even D listers from the DC universe, right? You don't actually get to play as Batman and Robin or Superman I assume.

That's lame. You should at least be able to do team-ups with the DC stable of characters, where you can sometimes swap your character for Batman or Superman or Flash or whoever.

That's lame. You should at least be able to do team-ups with the DC stable of characters, where you can sometimes swap your character for Batman or Superman or Flash or whoever.

No because either a) they give you dc heroes and we get 100000000 supermen 1000000000 batmen and 2 aquamen running around or b) you create your own and build him up.

There should be no middle ground. If you could swap for say the flash then people would be complaining "why can't I stay the flash?" This is the most logical route of creating your own and just meeting , teaming up with and fighting already known charracters

No because either a) they give you dc heroes and we get 100000000 supermen 1000000000 batmen and 2 aquamen running around or b) you create your own and build him up.

There should be no middle ground. If you could swap for say the flash then people would be complaining "why can't I stay the flash?" This is the most logical route of creating your own and just meeting , teaming up with and fighting already known charracters

See, I'd like to see instanced zones for combat, with the ability, based on your allegiances to the different metahuman "families" to swap in pre-created DC superheroes for the fight. So it's not like there's a 1,000,000 Supermen running around. There's one Superman, but you can bring him in to some instanced battles.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back