Deadly Shooting at Virgina Tech

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Re: The Off-Topic Thread

Damn was watching the news then. In a school in Virginia a gun man has gone crazy and killed 26 kids.

I know it happens a lot but but damn it's sick. What kind of sick bastard would go and kill some kids? This is exactly whats wrong with the world today. Bastards like that or even kids them selves shoot up the school like it's nothing and we watch it and are no longer effected it happens so much.

Sorry it just pisses me off that this what the world has come to

Damn was watching the news then. In a school in Virginia a gun man has gone crazy and killed 26 kids.

I know it happens a lot but but damn it's sick. What kind of sick bastard would go and kill some kids? This is exactly whats wrong with the world today. Bastards like that or even kids them selves shoot up the school like it's nothing and we watch it and are no longer effected it happens so much.

The world will end in twenty years.

I read it was 32 killed. And I have one thing to say: WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU AMERICANS! Sure there have been school shootings in other parts of the world but the majority of them happens in USA.

I read it was 32 killed. And I have one thing to say: WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU AMERICANS! Sure there have been school shootings in other parts of the world but the majority of them happens in USA.

Emo music is to blame, also the death count is expected to rise, so I don't know if that number is an official estimate.

Even though I think your joking

the reason it happens more in america that the rest of the world is 2 reasons

before I continue this is not meant as raciest or offence It's just my opinion

1) it's bigger much bigger so therefore logically more bad stuff will happen but also more good stuff.

2)I forget which but the 2nd or 3rd amendment says every house can own a gun. This is the part i disagree with. Maybe when it was written that was ok but now days every house with a gun = easy gun access for teenagers to get a hold of or kids and shoot up their school beacuse "no one likes me" or "it's too hard" boo ****ing hoo that's life and every kid feels like that at sometime

Imo those amendment need to be changed. More guns = more gun violence. Now yes criminals will still guns in countries where guns are banned e.g over here in the uk guns are not a right. Yet cops get shot.

Now I understand not banning guns completely if the person proves they are very responsible and/or wants them for collectors purposes. But the every house can a gun is bull****. Sorry guys I know i'll get flamed for this but that is my view.

You should start packing heat then.

Yeah right. Joey doesn't even pack his lunch :lol:

Last edited:

latest new on shooting

Death toll at Virginia Tech rises to 31 in worst shooting incident in U.S. history.

Even though I think your joking

the reason it happens more in america that the rest of the world is 2 reasons

before I continue this is not meant as raciest or offence It's just my opinion

1) it's bigger much bigger so therefore logically more bad stuff will happen but also more good stuff.
Half joking anyway. Mostly just emotions coming up to surface.

And the problem is that even though USA is a big place, it's not big enough to support such claims when it comes to school shootings. Not when over half of them happens in USA alone and USA does not take up 50% of the worlds surface.

2)I forget which but the 2nd or 3rd amendment says every house can own a gun. This is the part i disagree with. Maybe when it was written that was ok but now days every house with a gun = easy gun access for teenagers to get a hold of or kids and shoot up their school beacuse "no one likes me" or "it's too hard" boo ****ing hoo that's life and every kid feels like that at sometime

Imo those amendment need to be changed. More guns = more gun violence. Now yes criminals will still guns in countries where guns are banned e.g over here in the uk guns are not a right. Yet cops get shot.
AMEN BROTHER! I always thought it was crazy for the US to not have regulating gun laws. And the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" is just ridiculous. Take away the gun and nobody gets shot. Simple as that.

AMEN BROTHER! I always thought it was crazy for the US to not have regulating gun laws. And the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" is just ridiculous. Take away the gun and nobody gets shot. Simple as that.

See I can understand responsible people having one for hunting , collecting ect... but their needs to be a limit on who.

any sort of offence even if it's just littering? = No Gun ever!

Ever tested positive for drugs? = No Gun ever!

hard working family man who owns his own business? = Gun

I know it might be hard to do and that might of been a little too black and white but that is how it has to be done. Same should go for driving , boating and nearly all other things.

Even if you need a licence they are too lenient on people and then something like this happens

The 2nd amendment reads, "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." There's another version that reads slight differently: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Scholars, pedants, and blowhards of all stripes argue the significance of the differences.

It isn't every household--it's every citizen that is permitted to own arms (of any type--although guns are what most people think of, I suppose the amendment assures your right to carry a sword if you want to).

The merits (or lack thereof) of the 2nd amendment and its interpretation in many United States Supreme Court decisions are a fascinating topic which I will refrain from addressing on a comic book forum, even in a thread devoted to off-topic commentary. There are two things I don't like to argue on the Internet: politics and religion. The 2nd Amendment fits in the former category but inspires levels of passion usually reserved for the latter.

As somebody who has never fired a real gun in my life, has no plans to, and won't even register to carry one despite the vast wage increase in my profession if I were to do so, I think my stance on the 2nd amendment and gun laws in this country is pretty clear. But I'm with Sam, I have no interest in debating whatsoever. The laws are what they are and my personal opinion means squat to either Springfield or Washington DC.

The 2nd amendment reads, "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." There's another version that reads slight differently: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Scholars, pedants, and blowhards of all stripes argue the significance of the differences.

It isn't every household--it's every citizen that is permitted to own arms (of any type--although guns are what most people think of, I suppose the amendment assures your right to carry a sword if you want to).

The merits (or lack thereof) of the 2nd amendment and its interpretation in many United States Supreme Court decisions are a fascinating topic which I will refrain from addressing on a comic book forum, even in a thread devoted to off-topic commentary. There are two things I don't like to argue on the Internet: politics and religion. The 2nd Amendment fits in the former category but inspires levels of passion usually reserved for the latter.

That's cool. I'll admit I was unsure what it actualy was I just knew it was something to do with everyone owning a gun

Yeah I can understand not wanting to talk about politics and religion. On one site I go on they have what they call the three nos. politics , religion and abortion as all three tend to lead to disagreements.

So maybe I shouldn't of addressed it the way I did. So I'll say sorry as I realise it may of gone in to an area it shouldn't I was just pissed the **** off by these shootings.

As somebody who has never fired a real gun in my life, has no plans to, and won't even register to carry one despite the vast wage increase in my profession if I were to do so, I think my stance on the 2nd amendment and gun laws in this country is pretty clear. But I'm with Sam, I have no interest in debating whatsoever. The laws are what they are and my personal opinion means squat to either Springfield or Washington DC.

I've fired real guns but only at targets and hunting.

but like I said sorry if I went to a dodgy area

Last edited:

Regarding the dead kids... I blame Bendis.

BEEEEEEEEEEEENDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSS!!!

(that's as in Dave Seville's "AAAALVIIIN!" not William Shatner's "KHAAAAANNN!")

(that's as in Dave Seville's "AAAALVIIIN!" not William Shatner's "KHAAAAANNN!")

I was thinking fred flintstones Wiiiiiiiillllllllmmmmmmaaaaaa

Last edited:
By SUE LINDSEY, Associated Press Writer 5 minutes ago

BLACKSBURG, Va. - A gunman opened fire in a dorm and classroom at Virginia Tech on Monday, killing at least 30 people in the deadliest shooting rampage in U.S. history, government officials told The Associated Press. The gunman was killed, bringing to death toll to 31, but it was unclear if he was shot by police or took his own life.
ADVERTISEMENT

"Today the university was struck with a tragedy that we consider of monumental proportions," said Virginia Tech president Charles Steger. "The university is shocked and indeed horrified."

The name of the gunman was not immediately released, and investigators offered no motive for the attack. It was not immediately known if the gunman was a student.

FBI spokesman Richard Kolko in Washington said there was no immediate evidence to suggest it was a terrorist attack, "but all avenues will be explored."

The shootings spread panic and confusion on campus, with witnesses reporting students jumping out the windows of a classroom building to escape the gunfire. SWAT team members with helmets, flak jackets and assault rifles swarmed over the campus. Students and faculty members carried out some of the wounded themselves, without waiting for ambulances to arrive.

The bloodbath took place at opposite sides of the 2,600-acre campus, beginning at about 7:15 a.m. at West Ambler Johnston, a coed dormitory that houses 895 people, and continuing at least two hours later at Norris Hall, an engineering building about a half-mile away, authorities said.

Police said they were still investigating the shooting at the dorm when they got word of gunfire at the classroom building.

After the first shots were fired, students were warned to stay indoors and away from the windows. But some students said they thought the precautions had been lifted by the time the second burst of gunfire was heard, and some bitterly questioned why the gunman was able to strike a second time, two hours after the bloodshed began.

Some of the dead were students. One student was killed in the dorm, and the others were killed in the classroom, Virginia Tech Police Chief W.R. Flinchum.

Up until Monday, the deadliest campus shooting in U.S. history was a rampage that took place in 1966 at the University of Texas at Austin, where Charles Whitman climbed the clock tower and opened fire with a rifle from the 28th-floor observation deck. He killed 16 people before he was shot to death by police.

The massacre Monday took place almost eight years to the day after the Columbine High bloodbath near Littleton, Colo. On April 20, 1999, two teenagers killed 12 fellow students and a teacher before taking their own lives.

The deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history was in Killeen, Texas, in 1991, when George Hennard drove his pickup into a Luby's Cafeteria and shot 23 people to death, then himself.

Founded in 1872, Virginia Tech is nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains of southwestern Virginia, about 160 miles west of Richmond. With more than 25,000 full-time students, it has the state's largest full-time student population. The school is best known for its engineering school and its powerhouse Hokies football team.

The rampage took place on a brisk spring day, with snow flurries swirling around the campus, which is centered around the Drill Field, a grassy field where military cadets — who now represent a fraction of the student body — once practiced. The dorm and the classroom building are on opposites sides of the Drill Field.

A gasp could be heard at a campus news conference when the police chief said at least 20 people had been killed. Previously, only one person was thought to have been killed.

Investigators from the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives began marking and recovering the large number of shell casings and will trace the weapon used, authorities said.

A White House spokesman said
President Bush was horrified by the rampage and offered his prayers to the victims and the people of Virginia.

"The president believes that there is a right for people to bear arms, but that all laws must be followed," spokeswoman Dana Perino said

After the shootings, all entrances to the campus were closed, and classes were canceled through Tuesday. The university set up a meeting place for families to reunite with their children. It also made counselors available and planned an assembly for Tuesday at the basketball arena.

After the shooting began, students were told to stay inside away from the windows.

Aimee Kanode, a freshman from Martinsville, said the shooting happened on the fourth floor of West Ambler Johnston dormitory, one floor above her room. Kanode's resident assistant knocked on her door about 8 a.m. to notify students to stay put.

"They had us under lockdown," Kanode said. "They temporarily lifted the lockdown, the gunman shot again."

"We're all locked in our dorms surfing the Internet trying to figure out what's going on," Kanode said.

Maurice Hiller, 21, a mechanical engineering student from Richmond, saw police and SWAT team members with guns drawn going toward Norris Hall. "This is something just totally beyond anybody's expectations," he said.

Police said there had been bomb threats on campus over the past two weeks by authorities but said they have not determined a link to the shootings.

It was second time in less than a year that the campus was closed because of a shooting.

Last August, the opening day of classes was canceled and the campus closed when an escaped jail inmate allegedly killed a hospital guard off campus and fled to the Tech area. A sheriff's deputy involved in the manhunt was killed on a trail just off campus. The accused gunman, William Morva, faces capital murder charges.

pretty sad stuff...

Drudge Report says he had no ID and shot himself in the face so they can't tell who it is.

Drudge Report says he had no ID and shot himself in the face so they can't tell who it is.

Guess we'll have to wait for the forensics report.

You know, I can't fathom the mindset of these people. Do you just wake up one morning saying "Hey, you know what? I'm going to go murder a few people before lunch, then shoot myself in the face."

So sad. :(

In class today the girl next to me gasp after seeing the news on the computer, apparently she has some friends there

Guess we'll have to wait for the forensics report.

You know, I can't fathom the mindset of these people. Do you just wake up one morning saying "Hey, you know what? I'm going to go murder a few people before lunch, then shoot myself in the face."

So sad. :(

Pretty sure they think about it long in advance. It sounds like this guy was pretty prepared if he got 32 people before he killed himself. Probably trying for Suicide by Cop.

Latest posts

Back