Deadly Shooting at Virgina Tech

HA!

I know. I have no problems,

it just bugs me.

I can understand, to a point. Once you start running around in circles it's not fun. But I think this thread has actually avoided that. It's been more random comments and stories than any type of real ongoing discussion. I'm actually a little surprised at how civil everything's remained.

(unless half the posts have been deleted since I was on last)

This thread bugs me. No one is truly right or truly wrong.

All this debating solves nothing.

Dude.

It's a mass debate.

Huh, huh? MASS-DEBATE. (Say it out loud.)

That gag alone is worth the lives of 31 people.

Oh God, I'm going to Hell. I'm sorry. :sick:

Oh crap, guys! Who knew we were here to solve things?!

Wake up, people! We gotta vote on a solution ASAP!
:lol: It's true.
Dude.

It's a mass debate.

Huh, huh? MASS-DEBATE. (Say it out loud.)

That gag alone is worth the lives of 31 people.

Oh God, I'm going to Hell. I'm sorry. :sick:
I'm a Mass-Debater.

I'm Mass-Debating right now.

It's worst in my country. You can't really walk in Rio at night, you may get shot or at least without any money.
I think we have less criminals in prison than in universities.
HA! Third world wins again.

Last edited:
I read a story recently about a kid who was expelled because he designed a map for Counter Strike based on the blueprints of his high school.

Two kids got kicked out of my school because they said Virgina Tech shooter was their hero. I mean I sure as hell don't want them in my school, but is that legal?

Also, not to be Mavericker or anything, but here's the link from my last post since it was the last on the last page and I don't want anyone to miss it:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003681580_essay26.html

I wonder how many people will focus on the disturbing writing and not the fact that he was "ordered to obtain outpatient counseling" and "a judge ruled in 2005 that...Seung-Hi Cho was mentally ill". The quotes are from here (thank you, Google news).

Two kids got kicked out of my school because they said Virgina Tech shooter was their hero. I mean I sure as hell don't want them in my school, but is that legal?

If it's interpreted as a threat...then yes. A kid at my school drew a picture or listed some names or something on a desk that had to do with Virginia tech and was expelled. We were never really given the details though.

Yeah, I didn't think that was very "scary".

It seemed like he wrote the essay just to stir up some trouble, which should've gotten him in trouble at school, but expelling him and sending him to jail seems a little rash.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Freedom of Speech doesnt protect opinion you like, but opinion s you dont like. You cant punish someone for expressing themselves as long as it doesnt insight violence. I cant imagine what would be in the essay that would cause this kind of trouble.

I had to go over every major Supreme Court ruling last night for my AP US History class. What I learned was that according to the Supreme Court, students don't have the same free speech rules as adults. If something is "disruptive to the learning environment", the school can do whatever the hell they want.

I had to go over every major Supreme Court ruling last night for my AP US History class. What I learned was that according to the Supreme Court, students don't have the same free speech rules as adults. If something is "disruptive to the learning environment", the school can do whatever the hell they want.

Yeah, but there were criminal charges and he's eighteen. That's bull****. The guy needs to call the ACLU.

Latest posts

Back