Dexter Series Discussion *Spoilers*

Deb is definitely onto Dexter I think, at least I think she will be. Her and Quinn are obviously bonding so it'll only be a matter of time before she is suspicious of him herself.

Also, one thing that I sort of thought was odd. Harry. He shows up and comforts Dex the minute after he breaks about every rule that Harry ever taught him.

That's because Harry is the Dark Passenger and wants the complete opposite to the rules.

I like that interpretation. I thought that about Harry a couple times.

Also, PX2 -- is this death cult they showed in the previews the same as the one in Breaking Bad? Is it a real cult?

Last edited:
I don't think I've seen any death cults in the preview I saw. I know the one in Breaking Bad is real and I know there was one in one of the Dexter books (uh oh).

In the preview they showed right after the episode last night they showed a picture of a very dismembered body and i think they mentioned a death cult going by Santa del Muerta.

I know. I will now give you my verdict as you cannot make up your own minds without I. (I only just saw it last night!)

I really liked it, very painful and tense. I can't wait for them to dig deeper in Dex's life and find out about Kyle Butler. It'll be interesting to see how Quinn differs from Doakes, since they're both going to be on a Dexter hunt. Quinn is much more amoral than Doakes, so it should be interesting.

Also, one thing that I sort of thought was odd. Harry. He shows up and comforts Dex the minute after he breaks about every rule that Harry ever taught him.

I think it's more to do with the idea that Dex needs his family as camouflage, and so he shows up when Dex starts breaking his rules to remind him to go back and act like a human being. I'm not sure.

Last edited:
That also makes sense. Dexter's primary priority is blending in. Good call, Bass. It was such a different kind of episode that I was maybe watching too closely. Can't wait for new plot bits to pick up.

The new characters better be interesting because Dexter's supporting cast is BORING.

The new characters better be interesting because Dexter's supporting cast is BORING.
This is true. There's nothing exciting about them now nor do they really bring much dynamic or anything to the show.

Also: Quinn & Debb having sex? Who didn't see that coming from the moment they met last year? I did.

I don't know, I like the supporting cast. Especially Quinn and Angel. Sometimes I think they are severely under-utilized though. Maybe with Rita out of the picture, they'll all become more important. It's slowly becoming which one of them will find out who Dex really is first.

The only supporting cast member I don't, and never did, like is Maria LeGuerta.

She just annoys the hell out of me.

The only supporting cast member I don't, and never did, like is Maria LeGuerta.

She just annoys the hell out of me.
Yes, me too. And it's like she has to make it obvious she's latina. And counting where she lives, she doesn't even have to!

Angel used to be cool but now he too has been sucked into the black hole that is LaGuerta.

Quinn is just a boring Doakes, Masuka is hardly in it, all of those kids are irritating...

Peter Weller better **** some **** up.

So I looked into the death cult that's supposed to be showing up this season. Santa Muerte. If not the same as the one from Breaking Bad, The SM death cult is indeed real.

The death cult showed up in the new episode, along with Dexter's new target.

I think the FBI and Quinn's investigation into Kyle Butler could be a great storyline if it ended with Dexter revealed and on the run. That is the only way I can imagine this show being as intense and exciting as the Arthur Mitchell stuff.

I think they really do need to kick the show into high gear with the FBI v. Dexter. Now that Rita is gone, the expectations for this show are now too high for them to continue the routine of Dexter tracking down serial killer after serial killer. They are making strides to get out of this formula, however they are fumbling. I did enjoy the new target for Dexter, Lloyd Fowler, and the death cult that Miami homicide are investigating but we've reached a point of no return. Let's get the wheels spinning.

Hello, Bandit was a better episode than the first. And I think as well that Dexter on the run from the F.B.I. would be a cool story worth doing. Makes me wonder, though, what reason they (the writers) would create as to why Dexter was Kyle Butler and all that.

Latest posts

Back