Dexter Series Discussion *Spoilers*

Watched the episode again and paid closer attention to the previews next week... If Dexter gets shot that'll definitely up the anty.

Nah, it's referring to the Bay Harbour Butcher. The next thing you see is a plan to kill Miguel. The idea is that all the stuff from the previous seasons is all turned upside down.

Saw the episode - I'm really not happy about Astor and Cody leaving as I really loved them and how Dexter and Deb all worked together. I hope they're back really soon.

I like how the show is slowly putting the pieces onto the board, but then it does this every year, and at the end, everything goes off the rails. It's a great little formula. They're lulling us with familiarity because something's about to give.

We can only hope. Although, this time I do think the scales are about ready to tip. Trinity was Dexter Joker if he were Batman. Now, we're seeing the significance of his existance in Dexter's life. That's how I interpret it anyway.

Last night's episode = best of the season thus far. Boyd proved to be an interesting character after all, although he was short lived. I do think what comes out of his appearance on the show - a would-be victim of his - is going to be interesting. Dexter is being so sloppy now and I love it. In previous seasons we expected him to be so neat and clean, but now he is just letting his murderous tendencies to go to his head where he literally puts everything on the line just to make a kill. This season had a slow start, but it looks like it's going to pick up from here.

I agree, it was pretty cool!

Boyd shooting Dexter was such a terrific twist; I love that they can keep the basic formula of Dexter's killings fresh. By reducing their frequency it means the occasions they do them carries more weight. I'm looking forward to Dexter dealing with the witness.

I am annoyed however; it is clear that the new girl beatcop is the St Death killer. It is so painfully obvious. I thought so from her first appearance last episode. So it bores me when they cut to that obvious murder spree from the far more interesting stuff going on with Dexter and Quinn.

I actually thought about the beat cop being the killer, too. Wouldn't surprise me if she was, making sure Deb gets BS information that leads away from her as possible.

The preview for next week's episode looks to be even better than last night's. Can't wait to see it!

Watching this show immediately after Mad Men doesn't help it at all.

Solid introductory episode for Lumen, albeit very jumpy. She seems like an interesting enough character but judging from the previews she'll be even more interesting in the coming weeks.

Quinn's role was interesting. Little fishy that he gets suspended but Batista is still working steadily. He is sticking his boss, so... Anyway, I hope this prompts Quinn to take his investigation of Dexter off the grid.

I really enjoyed the episode. Lumen could be very interesting as an accomplice for Dexter, a cover for the nanny. Someone who doesn't mind looking after Harrison when Dexter needs to kill. Also, I'm wondering where Quinn's going. It's all very exciting.

Thought the episode was very good and I'm looking forward to see how things turn out for Dexter with Lumen and all.

The Quinn sub-plot is kind of pointless and unecessary, though. I guess the writers want something else to screw up with Dexter, but they don't need this. Dexter breaking his rules and having someone with him hunting the other guys is good enough for the season, I'd say.

So Boyd was a part of a human trafficking group, right?
Not sure; don't think there's enough to lead to that, but it could be possible.

Last edited:
Ice - be patient. We don't know where they're going with Quinn. Unlike Doakes, where it was happening during the Bay Harbour Butcher, there's no heat on Dexter. It's possible Quinn might not know, but his suspicions get Debra to find out, or it's possible he finds out and starts helping Dexter, or they blackmail each other, or Dexter kills him for some reason. Or something else entirely. Best to be patient. Even something as annoying as Lila turned out to be very important.

As for the human trafficking, I think Boyd was probably a customer of the group.

I am being patient. I am just stating how things are from what we have so far. It's been 4 episodes so it's a fair view of things at the moment.

I do hope something along those lines happen to save this (Debb finding out for example), although I really don't want to see Dexter kill Quinn because then it's the situation with Doakes all over again. Cop investigates Dexter, finds out truth, dies in the end. No thanks.

Can't wait to see what happens when Debb finds out what Quinn is doing, though. She's going to tear him a knew one, with like 50 F-bombs! :lol:

Last edited:
Yea, the human trafficking thing came up because Lumen asked Dex if he was going to "sell her". Only time will tell. I do think Bass is on to something, though... Boyd was a mere customer to the actual group of people who were moving women around. Somehow, the guy who recorded the tapes that Boyd listened to will factor into it, too. They wouldn't cast an actor just to put his face on the cover of a cd they used for a prop.

And what I'd like to see happen with Quinn is he finds out Dex, but supports his lifestyle. He's a crooked cop... His moral compass isn't as one-dimensional as Doakes. Whereas Doakes just hated Dexter, Quinn may dislike him, but he knows Dexter knows that he's no saint himself. There are a lot of parallels between Quinn and Doakes but they are very different characters when you look at it.

Latest posts

Back