Digital comics

It annoys me that Dark Horse comics aren't available in Comixology.

I also don't like how when I redeemed my free digital copy of Avengers vs. X-Men #1 it downloaded in the Marvel app instead of the Comixology app and now I can't apparently transfer it. I want these things all in one place!

#firstworldproblems

Last edited:

I also don't like how when I redeemed my free digital copy of Avengers vs. X-Men #1 it downloaded in the Marvel app and now I can't apparently download it through Comixology instead. I want these things all in one place!

#firstworldproblems

Last week I was having a problem with a comic (Ultimate Hawkeye #2). I notified Marvel through the app and they were able to duplicate the problem. While they were fixing it, they made all of my Marvel purchases (including free books I downloaded) available in Comixology. So it is possible. I'm not sure if they would do it if you just asked them to. I've downloaded a couple free books since then and they are not available in my Comixology account.

I wish they were cross compatible as well. I keep all of my Marvel books in the Marvel app because a lot of times they will make an issue available for free, then later I will download the rest of the series or arc for $0.99.

It's strange because I think Comixology has all of the stuff the DC/Image apps have but only half the stuff the Marvel app has. Free comics, for example - the Comixology app barely has any good free Marvel issues but the Marvel app has quite a few good, older ones. I thought it would be in their best interest to have everything available on Comixology.

I don't think I've seen any books that are available on Marvel and not Comixology, but yeah the free issues don't match up and I'm not sure all of the sales do. I think anything that is available in the individual company apps that are created and maintained by ComiXology are available in the ComiXology app (even though the sales might be different).

I don't get the relationship between the two. ComiXology obviously created and handles support for the Marvel app. I asked a ComiXology service rep a long time ago if purchases made in one app will be available in the other, and he said they were working on it. This was years ago, though.

How does this work? Does the comixology app just read any .cbr or .cbz file? Or do they have their own digital comics files?

They have their own digital comic file. I have no idea what the format is.

You can get separate apps to read .cbr/cbz files though.

How does this work? Does the comixology app just read any .cbr or .cbz file? Or do they have their own digital comics files?

The ComiXology app only reads comics bought in the ComiXology app. You can't export or transfer them, and you can't import your own files, so the format is irrelevant.

Comic Zeal is good for reading CBR & CBZ files. It runs on iPhone and iPad. There might be an Android version; I don't know.

I also don't like how when I redeemed my free digital copy of Avengers vs. X-Men #1 it downloaded in the Marvel app instead of the Comixology app and now I can't apparently transfer it. I want these things all in one place!

#firstworldproblems
This also annoys me. Now I only redeem the codes off of my roomates comics so i'm not actually buying anything and don't really have the right to *****, but its annoying.

I do like Dark Horse's set up. Its guided view is nicely done and its price system is consistant and fair.

Another thing that annoys me is that i had to sideload the Marvel and Dark Horse apps onto my Kindle Fire.

Picked up some titles out of the Top Shelf sale on Comixology today. Infinite Kung Fu, Essex County, Liar's Kiss, Lost Dogs, and Too Cool to be Forgotten, all for about $20 total. They're Dling onto my fire now. I probably won't be awake long enough to read any though. I'm experimenting with NyQuil tonight...

A bunch of Ultimate books are on sale today - Ultimate Human, Ultimate Captain America, ULTIMATE IRON MAN!

You can buy it just so you can say "I downloaded Ultimate Iron Man #1...legally!"

Also, I bought Ultimate Human in the Marvel app and it was immediately available in Comixology, along with a couple of freebies I picked up the other day.

Dark Horse is 10% ioff everything and 25% off if you're on the email list. I'm catching up on The Goon and BPRD.

Avengers, Fables, and Dark Shadows $.99 sale on ComiXology!

I was really disappointed with the Avengers issues they selected. I didn't bother with any of them.

I loved Fables but I couldn't pick out stories or issues to get, so I didn't bother with that either. I wasn't going to drop $115 on all of them.

Today there are a few Ultimate books on sale, including Ultimatum (do not buy it, it's terrible) and the Ultimate Galactus trilogy (which was pretty good). I went ahead and got Ultimate Galactus.

I was really disappointed with the Avengers issues they selected. I didn't bother with any of them.

I loved Fables but I couldn't pick out stories or issues to get, so I didn't bother with that either. I wasn't going to drop $115 on all of them.

Today there are a few Ultimate books on sale, including Ultimatum (do not buy it, it's terrible) and the Ultimate Galactus trilogy (which was pretty good). I went ahead and got Ultimate Galactus.

I got Millars Ultimate Avenger books. I haven't read anything of his post Ultimates 2. Hope it doesn't suck.

Friday said:
I got Millars Ultimate Avenger books. I haven't read anything of his post Ultimates 2. Hope it doesn't suck.

I can't remember off the top of my head how they all went, but I seem to remember one being pretty terrible, and the others barely being significant.

I can't remember off the top of my head how they all went, but I seem to remember one being pretty terrible, and the others barely being significant.

Yeah. That first mini was terrible. The ghost rider one wasn't anything to talk about either.

Hell, the first one was almost self parody.

Latest posts

Back