Disney Awesomitity

THAT'S the triumphant return to hand-drawn animation we've been waiting for all these years?!:neutral:

-.- It's a parody of the genre they helped create. It's set in contemporary New Orleans, has voodoo, etc.

just found this thread. i also love disney!! i will provide more insight later, i know some fun facts about the company's goings on (my boss is °o°).

I think one of the underappreciated Disney Movies is Aladdin and the King of Thieves, it wasn't as good as the original, but Robin Williams was hilarious in it!

"Who are you?
"I'm Thor!
"You're Thor?
"Well, it hurtths!"

I think one of the underappreciated Disney Movies is Aladdin and the King of Thieves, it wasn't as good as the original, but Robin Williams was hilarious in it!

"Who are you?
"I'm Thor!
"You're Thor?
"Well, it hurtths!"

I thought 1 was awesome 2 was crap but 3 had some great ideas e.g Who Aladdin's father is. However they were poorly executed and in made the quality of 3 drop to almost as bad as 2

I don't even remember what happens in 'Return of Jafar' (except that Jafar comes back b/c that thief guy finds his lamp)

but I really do think 'King of Theives' was good.

I liked the cartoon that came after 'Return of Jafar' as well.

I watched some of Return of Jafar lately, but I had to stop. Basically, Aladdin lies about even more stuff and Iago weasels his way out of getting punished for the stuff he did in the first film and then Jafar comes back. I remember less of the plot than I do of being really, really angry that I listened to two songs that had Iago sing extensively (what were they thinking?!) waiting for the Jafar song, which wound up sucking. Maybe I'll watch the King of Thieves.

I don't even remember what happens in 'Return of Jafar' (except that Jafar comes back b/c that thief guy finds his lamp)

but I really do think 'King of Theives' was good.

I liked the cartoon that came after 'Return of Jafar' as well.
I only liked Return of Jafar to the extent that as a ten year old, it was really funny to see the villain pwn himself.

You guys know that Disney is doing another animated film? As in, not CG but drawn? The first time in five years. I'm just glad the art form is still intact.

I'd do the Frog Princess.

I did the Frog Princess.

Needless to say, warts followed.

Interesting fact --- they take longer to heal than human warts. Mental note --- super gamma powers cannot be gained from sleeping with frogs, that you HOPED were radiated by scientists hoping to uncover secrets of human limits. I also doubt they can be gained even if the frog had been radiated.

Moral of the story kids? Don't sleep with frogs.

You guys know that Disney is doing another animated film? As in, not CG but drawn? The first time in five years. I'm just glad the art form is still intact.

This...coupled with the Umbrella Academy post of blatant duh-ness has really got me worried that Goodwill might need to lay off the drugs.

Although neither facts were actually stated in the respective threads before he said anything, they were 2 common known facts already.

It's like saying, "Did you know that the TV Heroes is about ordinary people with extraordinary powers?" ......

Come back to reality and today Goody. Come back.

I did the Frog Princess.

Needless to say, warts followed.

Interesting fact --- they take longer to heal than human warts. Mental note --- super gamma powers cannot be gained from sleeping with frogs, that you HOPED were radiated by scientists hoping to uncover secrets of human limits. I also doubt they can be gained even if the frog had been radiated.

Moral of the story kids? Don't sleep with frogs.

I still lol'd at this. This was a really underated post.

And in other news, I know that Disney is gonna try and go back to the animated style with their movies, but if they're gonna crank out quality stuff like Bolt....they an keep at the CGI game.

Seriously...I was a damn entertaining movie and they really captured the dog actions perfectly. The one part were Bolt has to circle in place before he lays down was just like a real dog would do.

This...coupled with the Umbrella Academy post of blatant duh-ness has really got me worried that Goodwill might need to lay off the drugs.

Although neither facts were actually stated in the respective threads before he said anything, they were 2 common known facts already.

It's like saying, "Did you know that the TV Heroes is about ordinary people with extraordinary powers?" ......

Come back to reality and today Goody. Come back.

Have you guys ever realized that the cover to Ultimate Spider-Man's hundredth issue is an homage to Amazing Spider-Man #100?

And in other news, I know that Disney is gonna try and go back to the animated style with their movies, but if they're gonna crank out quality stuff like Bolt....they an keep at the CGI game.

Seriously...I was a damn entertaining movie and they really captured the dog actions perfectly. The one part were Bolt has to circle in place before he lays down was just like a real dog would do.

I haven't seen Bolt yet, but I hear it was pretty entertaining. Maybe I'll pick it up later today.

But, Disney will continue to do CG films, just alternating with classic 2D films. The Princess and the Frog is next as the first 2D film since Home on the Range, then Rapunzel will be the next CG film, then King of the Elves will be a 2D film.

Rapunzel looks interesting, though. Even though its CG, it's being done so that it looks like an oil painting. I'm pretty excited about it, personally.

In other awesome Disney related stuff that we haven't talked about, who here has fond memories of the late 80s/early 90s Disney TV cartoons? Ducktales, Tailspin, Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Goof Troop and Gargoyles? I've been watching them recently and they're really top notch.

I haven't seen Bolt yet, but I hear it was pretty entertaining. Maybe I'll pick it up later today.
it was really good. The hamster made the movie

In other awesome Disney related stuff that we haven't talked about, who here has fond memories of the late 80s/early 90s Disney TV cartoons? Ducktales, Tailspin, Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Goof Troop and Gargoyles? I've been watching them recently and they're really top notch.

they really were. Not to mention their family sitcoms back then were much better...Boy Meets World was the best show EVARRRRR!

Latest posts

Back