Disney Awesomitity

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Seriously-----Disney is still awesome!!!

I was trapped in Biloxi the last 2 weeks and about 95% of the gulfcoast is still in ruins. So there was nothing to do but stay in the room and watch DVDs (one can only take so much MTV's Yo Momma, Parental Control and Sweet 16) and play videogames.

I decided to watch a bunch of Disney DVDs that I packed. I will put Aladdin, The Lion King, Tarzan, Atlantis, etc... up against any one of these weak talking animal CGI flicks like Shrek or Madagascar any day!!!!

Anyways----I was watching a bunch of Disney films for lack of TV and I just remembered why Disney dominated so much. It's because they rock!!!

Rocketeer came on cable last night and of course I had to watch. Then this morning Disney's Three Musketeers (live action....not Mickey and the Gang) was on and I had to watch that while getting ready. 2 things became abundantly clear:

• Keifer Sutherland is awesome in anything he does.................................for you young whipper-snappers who haven't seen Lost Boys yet---stop being such tools and go see it. I'll put Lost Boys up against Saw, Hostel or any other new-fangled "horror" flick you kids wanna put out there!!!!
  • Aside from Home on the Range.........Disney can really do no wrong.

And if you don't agree.............SHUT UP!!! I didn't ask you anyways. :p

1. Disney has dome some amazing movies. I don't care what other people think The Emperors New Groove was one of the funiiest things I've ever watched.

2. I used to listen to The Lost Boys soundtrack on my way to work atealst once a week. The movie friggin rocks. Best film Joel Schumacher ever did.

3. The Rocketeer was the **** then and continues to be the **** now.

Baxter said:
The Emperors New Groove was one of the funiiest things I've ever watched.

People don't like the emperor's new groove? That movie was funny as hell!

Lama Face! I can't believe that people did not get that movie. Disney is good, but they have been sleeping trying to get in this stupid CGI cartoon crap. They should stick with the cell art. Herc was good too.

Yeah....I mean Lilo and Stitch was the first mvie they did with water colors and it turned out beautifully.

Baxter said:
Best film Joel Schumacher ever did.

You didn't like Batman & Robin or Batman Forever? :lol:

Yeah of course Disney is great, why do your think they are only a few steps away from world domination? Aladdin and the Lion King are my all time favs Rocketeer and 3 musketteers are ****ing awesome. And Emporers new grove was funny, I just dont like David Spade. Disney hasn't made that many great movies in a while though. Here's to the future.

Victor Von Doom said:
I will put Aladdin, The Lion King, Tarzan, Atlantis, etc... up against any one of these weak talking animal CGI flicks like Shrek or Madagascar any day!!!!
Disney always has the better movies wether its compared or not to Dreamwork movies.

Random said:
Yeah of course Disney is great, why do your think they are only a few steps away from world domination?

Well, they've literally shut down their 2-D animation studios, and have gone to 3-D. (Direct to DVD movies will still be 2-D though.) First up was Chicken Little, which made 136 million bucks, which is a lot, but for Disney, is technically a failure (not my words but I agree). I saw it in Digital 3-D and it became my #1 Worst film of '05. Then, last weekend came the Wild, which was "thought up 10 years ago", but nobody listened deeming it a Madagascar rip-off, and it debuted as the 3rd worst opening for a CG toon ever (#1 Doogal, #2 Valiant).

ultimatedjf said:
Well, they've literally shut down their 2-D animation studios, and have gone to 3-D. (Direct to DVD movies will still be 2-D though.) First up was Chicken Little, which made 136 million bucks, which is a lot, but for Disney, is technically a failure (not my words but I agree). I saw it in Digital 3-D and it became my #1 Worst film of '05. Then, last weekend came the Wild, which was "thought up 10 years ago", but nobody listened deeming it a Madagascar rip-off, and it debuted as the 3rd worst opening for a CG toon ever (#1 Doogal, #2 Valiant).

I saw Chicken Little and I liked it. Now keep in mind that Disney's 3D studio projects are nothing compared to Pixar's. But I liked Chicken Little more than Shrek* or any other of those films.

I prefer to have "smart" kid films grace my screen rather than "childish" adult comedies packaged as a kid movie.

*Poster's Note: I hate Shrek. Seriously. It wasn't even funny.

Baxter said:
I like Phonebooth, with a Mister Keifer Sutherland...

Like I said...

Victor Von Doom said:
Keifer Sutherland is awesome in anything he does.........

Those computer commercials that he voices always make me feel safe..................................and sleepy. :?

Last edited:
Victor Von Doom said:
I hate Shrek. Seriously. It wasn't even funny.

Yeah, I'm not a big Shrek fan either. I'd give the first one a 3.5/5, and the second one a 2/5. Pixar is far superior.

It's gonna get even worse because Justin Timberlake joins the cast in the third one and the actual title is "Shrek the Third".

The saddest part? I'm probably gonna end up seeing it.

roguefan said:
Even though Valiant was really great.

Yeah, I heard about all the bad reviews, and then the film actually turned out to be really good. (4/5 for me.) The problem is, it didn't cater to a specific group of people except animation buffs, because the WWII setting is a bit confusing for kids, but the jokes turn a lot of parents off. Also, no offense, but a lot of little kids (like my siblings) have a hard time w/ British accents.

But that has no effect whatsoever on the HP franchise.

Disney rocks. Someday I shall own all the animated DVDs.

VVD, I think you might like Kingdom Hearts.

ultimatedjf said:
Yeah, I'm not a big Shrek fan either. I'd give the first one a 3.5/5, and the second one a 2/5. Pixar is far superior.

I would only give Shrek 1 outta 5 stars. Mainly for John Lithgow's performance as the evil King/Prince whatever guy. Especially the Gingerbread Man torture scene. That was the only REAL funny part of the movie.

I saw Shrek 2 because the wife loves it. The Cat was the only entertaining aspect. But one talking cat does not a great movie make.

ProjectX2 said:
Disney rocks. Someday I shall own all the animated DVDs.

VVD, I think you might like Kingdom Hearts.

I own all of them except for some of the older ones like Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Sword in the Stone, etc...

Little Mermaid comes out on DVD in Oct. I'm not hyped for it...but I'll still get it for the collection.

I own KH1.....it took me 7 months in Iraq to beat it. It was so exhausting that I'm hesitant to pick up KH2 based on how big its supposed to be. I saw the stradegy guide......I'm not sure if I can dedicate that much of my life to one game. But I did love KH1......so........

Baxter said:
1. Disney has dome some amazing movies. I don't care what other people think The Emperors New Groove was one of the funiiest things I've ever watched.

Agreed. Great movie.

But my favourite 2-D Disney cartoons ever are The Lion King, The Iron Giant, and all three Aladdin movies.

Oh, and Beauty and the Beast. We happened to watch this in drama class yesterday, and it was the first time I've seen it in at least 6 years. It really is a great film.

2. I used to listen to The Lost Boys soundtrack on my way to work atealst once a week. The movie friggin rocks. Best film Joel Schumacher ever did.

Nope. That spot is reserved for Falling Down, with Michael Douglas and Rober Duvall. If you haven't heard of it, shame on you. Rent it tonight.

3. The Rocketeer was the **** then and continues to be the **** now.

Definitely one of my favourite films.

I'm surprised to see so many Shrek-haters here. I think it's one of the best movies ever made. I agree the sequel wasn't as good as the first though, except for Puss-in-Boots, who was the highlight of the film.

Emperors New Groove was pure brilliance, and of course, it did "poorly" (for Disney) at the Box Office. I now "almost" like David Spade as a celeb, but his whole self-hating thing on the Showbiz Show is getting real old, real fast.

Victor Von Doom said:
I own KH1.....it took me 7 months in Iraq to beat it. It was so exhausting that I'm hesitant to pick up KH2 based on how big its supposed to be. I saw the stradegy guide......I'm not sure if I can dedicate that much of my life to one game. But I did love KH1......so........
:shock: :shock: Buy KH2 it's that good. The combat system is just as good as God of War and the story is better than the first.

Victor Von Doom said:
Terrorists? Pfft. They're nothing.

Being in a career where you can die any second? Ha! He laughs at it in its face.

But when it comes to video games with 350+ page stragedy guides! OH ****ING DEAR! RUN FOR YOUR DAMN LIFE!!!! :crazy:

I love David Spade. He can do no wrong.

It's my generation, baby.

Latest posts

Back