Dr. Strange: The Oath discussion [Vaughan/Martin]

Re: Dr. Strange: The Oath Series Discussion (Spoilers)

"This is why I don't join the Avengers." Take that, Bendis!

This mini is amazing; I always reread the previous issues when the new one comes out, and it makes the comic even better. BKV can do no wrong. Again.

#4:

5/5

Vaughn can turn crap into gold, and this time he started with great stuff and turned it into pure awesome.

by the way, i just noticed if you look at the cover to #3 from a distance, it makes a big alien-looking face.
wow.... you didn't notice that? isn't it supposed to look like Dormammu

i really like this series, it just spews awesomeness from every oraphace (sp?)

poor
wong
:cry:

From what I can remember:

The issue starts with the big monster that just destroyed the Night Nurses secret hideaway. Strange tells Nurse and Wong to run away but Wong insists that the Doctor won't defeat the thing. Strange takes his chances and goes on the offensive. The beast takes his Cloak of Levitation and the Eye of Agamotto. Nurse and Wong foolishly step in and both are taken down easily. Doctor Strange pulls out Hitler's handgun and shoots the beast in the eye, killing it.

The three then enter into the other realm and find the surgeon. He traps them in a spell and he recounts his tale. *Now at this point everyone thinks that The surgeon was trained by the old man Strange refused to operate on in the beginning*. The surgeon goes on about he followed Strange to The Ancient One's fortress but missed him by a few months. The Ancient One saw many of the same traits in the Surgeon as he did Strange so he takes him in and teaches him as a fallback plan in case the abrasive Strange ever fails. But the surgeon leaves The Ancient One before his training is complete and saves a young child in a neighboring village. He returns to New York and confronts the old man Strange would not help. He conceitedly tries to cure him by restoring his white blood cell count but the magic is wrong and the white blood cells exponentially recreate themselves and the old man's body blows up from the inside...

The Company steps in and bribes the surgeon to eliminate other magicians and work for them...

Strange hears enough and easily breaks the spell but as he is about to attack Night Nurse calls to him and Wong has fallen down (supposedly dead)

5/5

This mini is amazing; I always reread the previous issues when the new one comes out, and it makes the comic even better. BKV can do no wrong. Again.

#4:

5/5

Swamp Thing.

Just reminding you all he's human.

I tried to read Alan Moore's Swamp Thing and couldn't get interested, and BKV's is supposedly horrible, so I can't even imagine it.

I tried to read Alan Moore's Swamp Thing and couldn't get interested, and BKV's is supposedly horrible, so I can't even imagine it.

It hurt me.

On the inside.

And at the end of it he starts plugging the new series Y: The Last Man. I doubt there were many carry over buys.

It hurt me.

On the inside.

And at the end of it he starts plugging the new series Y: The Last Man. I doubt there were many carry over buys.

I believe he was surprised that they allowed him to do another series after Swamp Thing. When a creator admits something they did was horrible, you know it's not gonna be good.

I believe he was surprised that they allowed him to do another series after Swamp Thing. When a creator admits something they did was horrible, you know it's not gonna be good.

I hear his Green Lantern: Circle of Fire Mini (i think it was a mini) isn't very good either. I haven't read it to know.

I'm really enjoying this and will definitely pick up the TPB when it comes out. Or hardcover. Whatever.

I find the unvillain refreshing and interesting.

Yeah, it has its moments, but it's still a big fat "meh".

E said:
I'm really enjoying this and will definitely pick up the TPB when it comes out. Or hardcover. Whatever.

I find the unvillain refreshing and interesting.

Is that a change of heart? Or an expansion on your "meh"?

Latest posts

Back