Dreamcasting #22: The Astonishing X-Men

Here's my cast

Emma Frost: Charlize Theron
charlize-theron-paris.jpg

I think she looks and fits the part. She's smart, sassy and attractive and has that thing about her that just completely fits Emma.

Cyclops: Brad Pitt
brad-pitt-plastic-surgery.jpg

He is good looking and can easily play a self-righteous douche who can be the fearless leader in the face of adversity. Pitt's my pick and he's around the same age as theron making it believable as a couple.

Kitty Pryde: Natalie Portman
Natalie_Portman.jpg

This one was easily castable. Kitty is small. Portman is small. Both are simple people that can become complex and deep in character when the situation calls for it. Portman also has the looks and feature to play kitty.

Wolverine: Thomas Jane
janet_g.jpg

He's played the unrelatable gung ho anti-hero before, and he's only interested in those types and I think he fits the bill for wolverine. He can be the scruffy, tough on the outside but chewy on the inside character that is wolverine and i just don't see anyone better. I tried finding someone shorter but no one came to mind

Beast: Nick Frost
nickfrost.jpg

I love Nick Frost and him being Beast would be the coolest. Even if he doesn't quite fit the physique, he'd play well to wolverines cynism and bring that light heartedness the astonishing has at times. He's accent's a little off too and I'm really stretching the possibility here, but I think given the chance, He'd be a great pick.

Colossus: Robert Maillet
kurrgan.jpg

This was the guy who played the huge Immortal in 300, the one who got his head chopped off by Leonidus in the heat of battle. He's massive and the one reason i could think of not casting cheesburger eddie. Shave the beard and give him the clean look and you may have the quiet, kept but massively strong Colossus.

Agent Brand: Jordana Brewster
jordana-brewster-picture-1.jpg

I'm not too familiar with her movie base but with this picture and her hair the way it is, all you'd have to do is slap on some green hair, big shades and a famas and you've got agent brand.

Danger: Kate Blanchett
386990298_5e6f513c12_o.jpg

i'm thinking danger would be robotronic or cgi in some scenes but for voice, I totally see her doing it?

Ord: Benicio DelTorro
benicio_del_toro_narrowweb__300x457,0.jpg

This one just kind of came to me. I think it makes sense though. He can play arrogant. He can play tough and superior and even though his accent might throw it off, I think he'd fit Ord pretty well, green skin and all.

Last edited:
Awesome cast Hibiki , I really love Thomas Jane as Wolverine - Best wolverine cast this round I think.

Alright. Here's my cast for...

Astonishing X-Men

Matthew Settle - Scott Summers
This was the second hardest part for me to cast, but eventually I remembered Spiers from Band of Brothers. Good, strong leader who seems crazy from time to time. It just seemed to click for me.
Settle_AG923739_150x200.jpg

Julie Benz – Emma Frost
The way Whedon writes Emma is very similar to the way he wrote Darla. Plus she looks the part. Hot blonde.
julie-benz-sized.jpg

Tom Wilkinson – Henry McCoy
Assuming there is some random hump in the suit or that he'd be entirely CGI. Wilkinson would do the voice. Henry always strikes me as intelligent, but soft spoken. If he weren't a big blue cat he'd kind of fade into the background. Wilkinson has the right voice for me.
wi20010119_TomWilkinson_Vespa_13796.jpg

Mila Kunis – Kitty Pride
Difficult pick. It was made easier when Bass used Amy Acker. Mila looks the part of Kitty and she can do comedy. Go read "Yeahbutwhat?" or any of the catty arguments between Kitty and Emma and tell me she couldn't play this role.
kunismila.jpg

Adam Baldwin - Peter Rasputin
You guys were on the right track by casting Adam Baldwin, but you've got him in the wrong role. Yes he has the acting chops to pull off Logan, but the guy is 6'4". He's not Wolverine. I do think that he could play Piotr though.
baldwinadam.jpg

Thomas Jane – Logan
I don't care if someone put him up first. I'm picking him too. Rough, gruff and not 6'4". Jane is perfect.
Thomas_Jane93313_150.jpg

Julie Benz – Emma Frost

Nice!

Adam Baldwin - Peter Rasputin
You guys were on the right track by casting Adam Baldwin, but you've got him in the wrong role. Yes he has the acting chops to pull off Logan, but the guy is 6'4". He's not Wolverine. I do think that he could play Piotr though.

If you click the link where I cast Adam Baldwin, the link explains why I cast a 6'4" actor for Wolverine. :)

I think Adam Baldwin would make a better Sabertooth.

He would a great Sabretooth, you're right! Damn, next X-Men cast to have 'tooth and Wolvie will be haaaaaaard...

Bass, I must say, I'm a little disappointed in you. Your cast isn't all you've cracked it up to be. I'm not going to bull**** you, or kiss your *** or anything. I'ma tell it like it is.
Nathan Fillion as Cyclops. Pssshhh.
Jeri Ryan as Emma Frost. Jeri Ryan....isn't hot enough to play Emma.
Adam Baldwin as Wolverine. Baldwin is too young to play Logan. I knew you were going to cast him as Wolvie though.
Robert Sean Leonard as Beast. This is perhaps your best choice in this cast. RSL is perfect as Beast.
Tom Welling as Colossus. I know Welling could bulk up, but he's too well-known as Superman, and I hated it when they cast an American actor to play him in the movies.
Lawrence Fishburne as Charlie X. An interesting choice, this one. However, no.
Brian Thompson as Ord. I saw him as Shao Khan in the crappy Mortal Kombat sequel. I think he works as a carpenter now. Good luck finding him.

Hibiki:
Brad Pitt as Cyclops. I'm against casting Brad Pitt, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, or George Clooney in any role. They're too A-list. And Pitt is a gurly-man.
Charlize Theron as Emma Frost. This works. 'Specially with Pitt. I could see them having some awesome chemistry.
Thomas Jane as Wolverine. Enh, I don't like Jane's face (funny, 'cause some pictures of James Purefoy look like Tom Jane). I also don't like him as an actor. I loathed his portrayal of Frank Castle and refuse to see him in any other movies. And he's too tall.
Nick Frost as Beast. This one's interesting. Too young though.
Robert Maillet as Colossus. Enh, this one's ok.
Natalie Portman as Shadowcat. Too ugly, too old (yes, all mutant women must be super-attractive).

McCheese, best cast of this round:
Matthew Settle as Cyclops. Great, relatively unknown, but a little too young.
Julie Benz as Emma Frost. Great choice.
Tom Wilkinson as Beast. Great, little too old though.
Adam Baldwin as Colossus. I actually do think he'd make a better Colossus than Wolverine. He's American, but he'd play the Ruskie well.
Mila Kunis as Shadowcat. I'm too used to seeing her on That '70s Show, and hearing her voice on Family Guy.

Congratulations to whomever wins, and remember, you're all winners in Langsta's heart.

I loathed his portrayal of Frank Castle

But and others can correct me if i'm wrong , wasn't he perfect as Frank Castle? Like everything Frank Castle should be. Are you sure your not confusing his one with the punisher film staring Dolph Lundgren?

But and others can correct me if i'm wrong , wasn't he perfect as Frank Castle? Like everything Frank Castle should be. Are you sure your not confusing his one with the punisher film staring Dolph Lundgren?

Nah, I haven't even seen the Dolph Lundgren version. But I didn't like the Tom Jane version. I always thought of the death of Frank Castle's family by a drive-by shooting being like a metaphor....like, I always thought of it as just being a random shooting, which would make him want to not go after the specific people who killed his family, but crime in general. And Frank Castle's family was supposed to be killed in like New York or something, whereas in the movie it was in like, Florida or something. And they killed his ENTIRE family. In the comic I think they just killed his wife and kids. Which was a lot more meaningful IMO. Like the death of Bruce Wayne's parents.

Nah, I haven't even seen the Dolph Lundgren version. But I didn't like the Tom Jane version. I always thought of the death of Frank Castle's family by a drive-by shooting being like a metaphor....like, I always thought of it as just being a random shooting, which would make him want to not go after the specific people who killed his family, but crime in general. And Frank Castle's family was supposed to be killed in like New York or something, whereas in the movie it was in like, Florida or something. And they killed his ENTIRE family. In the comic I think they just killed his wife and kids. Which was a lot more meaningful IMO. Like the death of Bruce Wayne's parents.

I meant the actor himself. Like take Spider-man , Orgainc webbing , non-radioactive spider , Mary Jane not gwen ect..... changes but film was still good and even though he was dressed like power ranger Willem Dafoe was perfect as Green Goblin

So despite changes to in Punisher Thomas Jane was perfect as Frank

I meant the actor himself. Like take Spider-man , Orgainc webbing , non-radioactive spider , Mary Jane not gwen ect..... changes but film was still good and even though he was dressed like power ranger Willem Dafoe was perfect as Green Goblin

So despite changes to in Punisher Thomas Jane was perfect as Frank

Enh, I dunno, I just don't like Tom Jane.

Too much butt-chin, agreed?

Last edited:
Too young? Nick Frost he's 35. I'd say something about the rest, but I'll just say I think your being too narrow and harsh on everyone's picks.

*puts Langsta on hitlist*

Bass, I must say, I'm a little disappointed in you. Your cast isn't all you've cracked it up to be. I'm not going to bull**** you, or kiss your *** or anything. I'ma tell it like it is.
Nathan Fillion as Cyclops. Pssshhh.
Jeri Ryan as Emma Frost. Jeri Ryan....isn't hot enough to play Emma.
Adam Baldwin as Wolverine. Baldwin is too young to play Logan. I knew you were going to cast him as Wolvie though.
Robert Sean Leonard as Beast. This is perhaps your best choice in this cast. RSL is perfect as Beast.
Tom Welling as Colossus. I know Welling could bulk up, but he's too well-known as Superman, and I hated it when they cast an American actor to play him in the movies.
Lawrence Fishburne as Charlie X. An interesting choice, this one. However, no.
Brian Thompson as Ord. I saw him as Shao Khan in the crappy Mortal Kombat sequel. I think he works as a carpenter now. Good luck finding him.

inevitablebetrayalcf8cz0.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Lol, it's funny, I just caught Return of the Jedi on Showtime or something a few days ago, towards the end, and I remember laughing at that part. Because Darth Vader keeps looking back and forth, contemplating whether or not to save Luke, and all the while, Luke is getting his *** handed to him by Palpatine's force lightning. And in between that brief pause of heavy mechanical Vader-breathing and force lightning shocks and Luke screams and Palpatine orgasms over ultimate power, Vader must decide the fate of the Star Wars franchise forever. Good stuff.

I'm being honest with you though, Bass.

Too young? Nick Frost he's 35. I'd say something about the rest, but I'll just say I think your being too narrow and harsh on everyone's picks.

*puts Langsta on hitlist*

Lol. Nick Frost just looked a little young. And I always considered Beast to be one of the eldest X-Men, one of the most mature, his intelligence on par with that of Xavier's. So maybe Beast just seems older to me because he's so intelligent. Because sometimes I forget that he was a teenager along with Cyclops, Jean, Angel and Iceman when the X-Men first started out.

But Nick Frost is an interesting choice. But I dunno if he can play 'smart' (he certainly hasn't proved it considering his past two roles, Ed from SotD and what's-his-face from Hot Fuzz.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back