Dreamcasting #22: The Astonishing X-Men

I think everyone will agree my cast is the worst :lol:

I think bluebeast's is the best cast yet. Maybe not the best choices, but definitely the best cast.

I know a lot of them aren't the exactly best choices for the characters (except Gerard Butler) but the cast would all work together the best. None of my actors are big namers per se but they all put heart into anything that they do. I think they have the personalities needed for a Whedonesque story.
Oh and Mole, you need to not underscore yours so much. Sure some of them aren't good at all (Jamie Lynn Spears, no offense) but you try in every round and you're getting better at it.

Oh and Mole, you need to not underscore yours so much. Sure some of them aren't good at all (Jamie Lynn Spears, no offense) but you try in every round and you're getting better at it.

cheers mate.

I liked Jamie Lynn Spears as Kitty , that was my favourite of my picks . :(

ASTONISHING X-MEN

When you look at the X-Men you need to realize that they are a family. I picked actors and actresses that could work well together and act like a tight-nit group of heroes. I tried not to pick any actors who are overtly blockbuster actors so thy won't overshadow each other in their efforts.

Cyclops- Casey Affleck
1630.jpg

Ug, this one was hard. After reading Whedon's run on the comic I've come to realize that Cyclops wasn't this all-star uber-confident leader. Cyclops is much more of a loser than he seems. He's conflicted and doesn't know what the hell to do with his life. Unlike his brother, Casey Affleck is an actor who can show his conflicted feelings and thoughts on the screen. I picture him conming of age in this film somewhat and showing his true heroic colors.

Wolverine- Gerard Butler
tn2_gerard_butler_1.jpg

Wolverine's a frigging psycho who has a penchant for draining beer. Gerard Butler, there you go.

Shadowcat- Nora Zehetner
BRICK-Nora-Z-image4_t_w220_h260.jpg

Kitty's the POV of the movie. Like someone said, she's the polar opposite of Emma. Nora Zehetner is a real sweet girl who can pull of shades of hardcore.

Beast- Clancy Brown
brown_sd239859_150x200.jpg

Oh yeah. I take casting the Beast very seriously. Clancy Brown does no wrong and he'd be perfect as the voice of the Beast.

Emma Frost- Ali Larter
alilarter1.jpg

Now when you think of Emma one word comes to mind, *****. From playing her deeply dark side of Jessica in Heroes I think Ali Larter can play the White Queen to a tee.

Colossus- Kevin Durand
KevinDuran_Grani_12940405_400.jpg

Colossus really doesn't have to speak up much. He kind of just stands in the background. But I think that Durand can pull off the Russian accent (I've seen him have a French one) and play off of Nora well. Plus he's 6'6 so that helps.

Phoenix- Amy Adams
342_amy_adams.jpg

Jean won't have too much impact in the film but only to serve as a reminder for Cyclops that he's not good enough. Phoenix is also very much unlike Emma, and therefore has to have a soft side. Adams is very bubbly and I really can see her being Scott's highschool sweetheart. Oh and Dark Knight wants me to mention that he suggested this to me.

Ord- Chow-Yun Fat
chow-yun-fat-cut.jpg

I see Ord as an intergalactic dictator who comes to kill Colossus. He happens to be a dictator of the worst imaginable place ever. Though he isn't in charge but Kruun is, I'd see Ord as the most powerful of the Breakworld in the film. Chow-Yun Fat might not be as much of a thug as Ord, but the man can act. I see Fat as that tyrannical dictator who comes to Earth.

Cassandra Nova- Glenn Close
br10qclose_0709.jpg

The scariest villain the X-Men would face, Cassandra Nova preys on the insecurities of the X-Men. Shave Glenn Close's head and you've got one scary villainess.

Danger- Kate Blanchett
244.blanchett.cate.100406.jpg

Danger doesn't have to be inherently evil, but more of a sophisticated, straight-forward machine. There also have to be paings of uselessness when she realizes that she can't possibly kill anyone. Kate Blanchett is a fantastic actress and like in Lord of the Rings she can play off the detached mercilessness of Danger. BTW I didn't realize you had picked this Hibiki, good job!

I'm going to go ahead and say this is my best cast I've ever done so I hope you all like it.

Damn. Awesome cast. Nora Zehetner as Kitty and Amy Adams as Phoenix = teh awesome. I always thought that Clancy Brown would make a good Sabretooth, though.

I'll sit this one out. But is it just me or would Benicio del Toro make a good Wolverine and/or Beast? Maybe I'm just crazy.

True, but if he was Beast he would be all blue and furry, thus making it a non issue. whatev...just an idea.

See Langsta was been racist and implying mexicans can not sound intelligent , like beast.

Shame on you Langsta , SHAME ON YOU.

See Langsta was been racist and implying mexicans can not sound intelligent , like beast.

Shame on you Langsta , SHAME ON YOU.

Benicio Del Toro = Hispanic. Hank McCoy/Beast = American, possibly with some English and Scottish and/or Irish descent.

True, but if he was Beast he would be all blue and furry, thus making it a non issue. whatev...just an idea.

Actually, it's funny, in like the first or second arc of Astonishing X-Men, Beast temporarily loses his powers and is reverted back to his human form. So yeah, the actor has to look like Beast too.

Benicio Del Toro = Hispanic. Hank McCoy/Beast = American, possibly with some English and Scottish and/or Irish descent.

Huge Jackman = Australian and 6' 2 1/2" , Wolverine = Canadian and about a foot shorter. But that was perfect casting.

Yet someone mentions a Mexican just doing a voice and you have to say it's wrong , racist

:lol: you do realise i'm just joking right i know you wern't been racist

Huge Jackman = Australian and 6' 2 1/2" , Wolverine = Canadian and about a foot shorter. But that was perfect casting.
More like 3 feet shorter.

Wolverine (616) is actually 5' 3", but the artists have always drawn him taller, though he's not supposed to be.

More like 3 feet shorter.

Wolverine (616) is actually 5' 3", but the artists have always drawn him taller, though he's not supposed to be.

that's a foot , 5 foot 3 is a foot shorter than 6' 2 1/2 , almost.

Yet someone mentions a Mexican just doing a voice and you have to say it's wrong , racist

:lol: you do realise i'm just joking right i know you wern't been racist

Well, Australian is closer to Canadian than Mexican is to English-Scottish-Irish.

1) Jackman is white Australian, Canadians are white.
2) Mexicans are brownish, while most Britons are white.

EDIT: Come to think of it, there aren't many Hispanic X-Men.

Last edited:

AND BEAST IS ****ING BLUE! UNLESS PAPA SMURF IS AVAILABLE THEY WON'T FIND A BLUE ACTOR :lol:

You're right. I was thinking of Puck.

Wrong Canadian. They all look alike. :lol:

With there flappy Terrence-and-Philip-esque heads right? :lol:

Last edited:
Well, Australian is closer to Canadian than Mexican is to English-Scottish-Irish.

EDIT: Come to think of it, there aren't many Hispanic X-Men.
Come to think of it, I didn't know race was so important. :roll:

Damn people responded as I was editing previous post :lol:

As previously stated, Beast temporarily loses all his fur in Astonishing X-Men when he is given "the cure."

Yes but looking at this as a film they won't do the cure as it was in X-men last stand and wouldn't want people to think it was a remake :p

Latest posts

Back