Dreamcasting #22: The Astonishing X-Men

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
THE RULES------------------------

1) The winner of the last round becomes the moderator of the round, and thus gets to choose the property or story in question to be adapted. Winner may also declare whether this property is an animated film, or a live-action one. He must also name the core characters to be cast, which should be at least 4, but no more than 9.

2) You may not use actors who have played the role before in the same medium before. Voice talents may not reprise their role, nor can film ones.

3) After ten days, the round is declared closed. People will vote via PM and send it to the moderator, who will count the votes and declare winner. Like the Ultimatization Game, you CANNOT vote for yourself.

4) The winner declared gets to choose the property in the next round.

This Round:
astonishing-x-men.jpg

The Astonishing X-Men

THE MANDATORY CASTINGS----------

Cyclops - Scott Summers

The White Queen - Emma Frost

Wolverine - James "Logan" Howlett

The Beast - Henry "Hank" McCoy

Colossus - Piotr Rasputin

Shadowcat - Kitty Pryde

THE OPTIONAL CASTINGS-----------

Phoenix - Jean Grey

Professor Charles Xavier

Abigail Brand, Director of S.W.O.R.D.

Armor - Hisako Ichiki

Dr. Kavita Rao

Ord of the Breakworld

Danger

You may also feel free to cast X-Characters who haven't appeared in Astonishing, But then you should try to explain what how they'd interact with the story.

THIS ROUND WILL END DECEMBER 12th AT MIDNIGHT
THE WINNERS WILL BE POSTED THE FOLLOWING NIGHT

Last edited:
Not a big fan of the comics but I'll try , I only know the films , tv and cartoons.

The Astonishing X-Men

Cyclops – Eric Johnson – Cyclops is to me at least , the boy scout of the X-men . Eric Johnson seems perfect for that. Plus from his new Flash gordon show people would buy him as the leader of the X-men too.

Emma Frost – Keira Knightley – from Pride & Prejudice to Pirates of the Caribbean I think she handle Emma Frost , She was at one point a rich snob of kinds at least that is my understanding so I picked an actress who can handle that and be a strong female character.

Wolverine – Dougray Scott – I always say Dougray Scott would make a great wolverine and have cast him as such in previous dreamcasting. He could play wolverine I honestly believe almost as good as Hugh Jackman

The Beast – Liam Neeson – Beast himself would be CGI but Liam Neeson's voice , I choice him because he was the only person besides Kelsey Grammar who's voice I could see working on beast.

Colossus – Dolph Lundgren – I know most of his films suck BUT he was good as Ivan Drago the silent but strong Russian which is how I see Colossus been played. I know Dolph Lundgren is older now than before but most of Colossus's fight scenes will be with the cgi metallic version.

Shadowcat – Jamie Lynn Spears I mentioned in the last round I like this actress and when it comes to kitty , I Honestly think that Jamie Lynn Spears is a perfect choice , She has the look and the talent to make kitty really be awesome on screen.

Phoenix – Jennifer Garner – This choice may be an odd one I'm not sure. She just always reminds me of Famke Janssen but slightly better suited for Jean I feel. This is my choice that I am not 100% sure on.

Professor Charles Xavier – Sam Neill – This was a damn hard choice for me , Patrick Stewart IMO IS Charles Xavier , How ever I feel you can't do X-men with-out him. So I picked Sam Neill , I imagine him playing Charles Xavier really well , Different to Patrick Stewart's one but still a strong figure head for the X-men to follow.

Last edited:
I can't see Eric Johnson as Cyclops, personally. I have seen him on Flash Gordon, and well...yeah...

'Nuff said.

Also, Kiera doesn't fit as Emma to me. She actually fits, IMO, as Kitty instead. I think she'd be a good choice as her. And on that, I don't think Jamie fits as her either.

Garner as Phoenix? Eh....not really. I don't know. She's not a bad choice, but maybe it's not the role for her.

Your Colossus actor seems like a good choice, if he was maybe Colossus metaled up all the time, or voicing his role. But as regular Ptior Rasputin...he seems odd. Maybe if he had hair? Heh.

Now, I think Neill as Xavier seems like a logical choice. It fits. Your Wolverine, too.

But hey, nice job either way.

Last edited:
Thanks dude. Yeah I don't expect to win this round at all but thought I would try.

The Dolph Lundgren thing , maybe they could use the effects and make up they did on X-men 3 to make magneto and Prof X younger .

The rest I really wasn't sure on so based Emma on Wikipeida stuff and old cartoon the rest on film versions which was probably a really bad thing. But yeah the Sam Neill as Charles Xavier I wasn't sure if people would think it would work so thanks

Oh! And Beast.

I like it. Liam could pull the voice off. The look won't matter since he'd be in Beast form, and they pulled that off with Kelsey without having no problem, so I'm sure they could do the same with him and not break a sweat.

Emma Frost – Keira Knightley – from Pride & Prejudice to Pirates of the Caribbean I think she handle Emma Frost , She was at one point a rich snob of kinds at least that is my understanding so I picked an actress who can handle that and be a strong female character.
I really like the logic of how you intend to use Keira Knightley to play Emma, but at the same time I think she's a tad too young. If you could find someone exactly like Keira only more mature, that'd be awesome.

SSJmole said:
Professor Charles Xavier – Sam Neill – This was a damn hard choice for me , Patrick Stewart IMO IS Charles Xavier , How ever I feel you can't do X-men with-out him. So I picked Sam Neill , I imagine him playing Charles Xavier really well , Different to Patrick Stewart's one but still a strong figure head for the X-men to follow.
Sam Neill FTW!

I really like the logic of how you intend to use Keira Knightley to play Emma, but at the same time I think she's a tad too young. If you could find someone exactly like Keira only more mature, that'd be awesome.

I had no idea how old the character was :lol: From pictures and how she looked in cartoon i guessed 20-25 ish but thanks dude , It's cool to know you understood why I picked the actress even if she was too young

Sam Neil would be a great Xavier.

Thanks dude , I'm a little shocked that everyone who's replied has liked that pick. I searched for an Xavier but could not see one I liked in the end it was a case of "this could work but not too sure on it"

Last edited:
Scott Caan as Cyclops - I'm not sure about this one. Cyclops in Astonishing is a great character. He's cool, intelligent, and a great leader. The problem is that he's in a full body suit most of the time, so the attitude and charm Caan could bring to the role won't really have the full affect if you can't see him. But I think Caan is cool... the only problem is that I'm not sure if he's leader material or would have good chemistry with Emma Frost.

Someone as Emma Frost - I think this is the hardest one to cast. Not only does Emma Frost have to be an ice cold *****, but she also has to be intelligent, sarcastic and a lot more than meets the eye. I can't think of anyone suitable, though I do have quite a few options, but I don't think any are perfect: Maggie Grace (she has the look, but she's too young and she's too American), Melinda Clarke (she has the attitude, but I'm not sure about her all in white)... I'll have to get back this one.

Adam Baldwin as Wolverine - I think I had Baldwin as Logan in the New Avengers cast... I think Bass did too. The thing is, Wolverine is not a main character in Astonishing. He's more of a supporting member of the team. Writers need to learn that he actually works better this way. He's still tough, but he adds the hint of comedic relief that stories always need. Baldwin can do tough and funny, and I would love to see him calling everyone bub and craving a beer.

Powers Boothe as Beast - I'm pretty sure Beast would be mostly CGI, but he still needs a voice. I've been watching Justice League lately, and I really like Gorilla Grodd's voice. It shows that Grodd looks like a beast, but is really quite intelligent. This is the same quality Beast needs to have. Boothe would also add that hint of experienced wisdom that Beast always has.

Someone Else as Colossus - I'm really stuck with this. To the point where I'm going to have to cast an American actor who can play Russian. It's too hard to find someone who's the strong and silent type that fits this role...

Alexis Bledel as Shadowcat - I thought Ellen Page was a pretty good Kitty Pryde, but I'm not allowed to use her. Kitty is the kind of character who's not incredibly sexy; she's timid, quiet, smart and cute. Bledel and the characters she plays are all like this. I think she'd fit.

Last edited:
ASTONISHING X-MEN
Directed by LANGSTA
Written by J.J. Abrams
Produced by Bad Robot Productions
Based on the comic book series by Joss Whedon

Scott Summers/Cyclops - Nathan Fillion
Scott is supposed to be in his late 20s / early 30s.
nafi.jpg

Emma Grace Frost - Sienna Miller
Emma's supposed to be British, and in her late 20s.
sienna-miller-gm_l3.jpg

James Howlett/Logan/Wolverine - James Purefoy
The actor who plays Logan should be in his late 30s at the youngest, late forties at the oldest.
james_knight.jpg

Henry Philip McCoy/Beast - Ian McShane or William Hurt
Ian McShane might seem a little too old, which is why I've also cast William Hurt in the role.
ianmcshane.jpg

WilliamHurt.jpg

Piotr Rasputin/Colossus - Ralf Moeller
Ralf Moeller's the huge mother****er on the far right.
13.jpg

Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat - Jena Malone
malone.jpg

Ord of the Breakworld - Ray Stevenson
Dagonet3.jpg

Prof. Charles Francis Xavier - Robert Knepper
This is a more eXtreme Xavier. It's around the time of Astonishing when all of his dirty little secrets come out. So we need a darker portrayal of the character. Just shave his head. Also, I don't think Xavier was originally intended to be British. Patrick Stewart just made him British. But when I read stuff like Ultimate X-Men, I picture Xavier with an American accent.
RobertKnepperasT-Bag019.jpg

Last edited:
HA!

Perfect. I was just thinking about doing this on my own time.

I've already got Scott and Emma picked out. And I think I've got my Kitty. So yeah.....awesomeness...coming soon.

Cyclops.jpg

Summers.jpg

Cyclops, Scott Summers - Karl Urban

Cyclops is the leader, while still ridden with insecurities. Urban played a similar character in Lord Of The Rings. I'm sure he can pull it off.

EmmaFrost.jpg

EmmaFrost1.jpg

The White Queen, Emma Frost - Charlize Theron

I've never been a real fan of Theron, but she is the best option I can think of. She's still not perfect, but she has shown to have a decent range of acting. It's not much of a leap to see her playing the super*****.

Wolverine1.jpg

Logan.jpg

Wolverine, Logan - Matt Schulze

Not a very big named actor, he played tough guys in Fast And The Furious, Transporter, and Blade 2. I think he would a fantastic but different Wolverine. I'm sure he could probaly do better than Jackman.

Kitty.jpg

Shadowcat.jpg

Shadowcat, Kitty Pride - Rachael Leigh Cook

This verison of Kitty is older and more sure of herself. I can her and Theron's Frost having their brutal interactions with each other. Cook is a cute girl that has the ability to bring Kitty alive.

Colossus-1.png

Colossus1.jpg

Colossus, Piotr Rasputin - Kevin McKidd

This was the hardest one to cast. I wanted someone big enough but I wanted the russian accent. This guy seems to be perfect. He stars in the HBO series Rome and well as some movies. From what I can tell he can pull of the Russian accent.​

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back