• Victor Von Doom

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Zombipanda

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Ourchair

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Richest black man in world is revealed to be criminal by white ubermensch.

That'd go over well.

What sucks is that Wright would be a damn good Luthor too.

Trust me. I've got it.

Wright would make my Luthor likable.

Edit: And who said Superman's going to be white? SHAQ ATTACK!

Last edited:
So, I've got a plot, but I can't figure out who would play Clark.

I do have a Lex, however:

550px-Jeffrey_Wright_cropped_by_David_Shankbone.jpg

I'm a genius.

A Cuban Lex?!?!?!

How dare you change the character's race!?!?! Next thing you know you'll be casting George Lopez and Clark and Carlos Mencia as Jimmy. Or Jay Hernandez or Jessie Metcalf as Clark.

The ubermench must be Furher-apporved!

OMG Doom, I was lukewarm about the cast you PMed me with some months back, but this new cast of yours is double awesome. The one with Eddie Cibrian.

Also plus points for posting Rose Byrne's snoggable rack of tinyness.

Why is it that anytime there's a bald comics character to be cast people suddenly forget actors can shave their heads and just immeadiately cast actors who are known for being bald? I mean, if Billy Zane wasn't already bald, would he still be the first person you thought of for Lex Luthor? Nevermind Ed Harris or Arnold Vosloo, who've now been cast as Lex Luthor, Mr. Freeze, Dr. Manhattan, Brainiac and so on, not just on this site but on pretty much any fancasting game on the web.

I mean sometimes a bald guy may happen to be the right choice for the part, but guys, tell me you're not just thinking of them because they're already bald.

Is Billy Zane going bald? I always remember that dude with some lucious brown on his top.

So far Moles cast is the only one do anything for me. It seems really well thought out. My only gripe is the lois lane pick. Combs is like really plain from the usual Lois Lane casts and her acting isn't all that great either. She might be tv great but not movie great. Like Tom Selleck.

So far Moles cast is the only one do anything for me. It seems really well thought out. My only gripe is the lois lane pick. Combs is like really plain from the usual Lois Lane casts and her acting isn't all that great either. She might be tv great but not movie great. Like Tom Selleck.

Thank you dude. Yeah my Lois may be my weakest part. Yeah Lois was had to cast even more so when I had cast my Clark as I needed someone a similar age. Still glad you liked my cast.

The Man of Tomorrow

Design
I figure I need to start with a few quick points on some of the design elements. This movie would be imagined as the relaunch of a new Superman franchise, and the nature of Krypton's technology would play a pretty important role in the present. Krypton would use the Richard Donner model of crystal design, slightly modified and expanded. The idea is that the whole of Krypton is composed of semi-sentient crystal that operates as a solar battery in much the same way that Kryptonians do. The planet is self-regulating, with different clusters of crystal serving different functions to the organism. The clusters of crystals communicate with each other through a sort of telephone system, sending sound by vibration to whatever crystal they need to communicate with, commands to expand or alter their structure. It's a self-regulating. And Kryptonians learned they could manipulate the extensive possibilities of these crystals by simulating the proper music in the proper place. The whole of Krypton technology and architecture and culture would be derived from that idea. They command their world with music. The planet would have been formed when the sun was a yellow giant, and that allowed Krypton to form as an orb (and would also imply a golden age of Krypton, where they were living under a yellow sun and essentially gods because of it) but long before Krypton's destruction, the sun is a red sun. Only one side of the crystal planet faces the sun and the other side is a wasteland, since Krypton needs sunlight to properly power itself. Maybe the Bizarros could get a flashback cameo as the mutants from the Dark Side of Krypton.

In the present, Metropolis would have a weird, sci-fi edge to it, almost retro futurist. I want to bring some of that old school science hero vibe, where giant robots stomping down Main Street doesn't seem incredibly abnormal. The principal conceit is that Clark's ship was too large for the Kents to extract, so they just took the baby out. And then a little later, General Lane rolled in with the troops, and excavated the ship, and sent it away. For the past fifteen years or so, Luthor's been leading the research, and he's used his value to the US Military to build a corporation under himself, leveraging himself against Lane to get the right to apply his research from the alien technology to civilian applications. So, over the past fifteen years, he's given life to this mid-western city that's been terminal for decades. Luthorcorp employs the city. It rebuilds the city. It sponsors charity and leads the way in clean technology. It would look like a city that's been entirely built in the course of two decades, and pepper in some sci-fi sensibilities. Not much is left of the old Metropolis, although Suicide Slums is still fairly historically intact. Research labs dot the city. The slightly surreal is becoming every day, all because of retro-engineering from Kryptonian tech.

Primary Cast
James Franco as Clark Kent/Superman
james_franco.jpg

Jeffrey Wright as Lex Luthor
jeffrey-wright.jpg

Rose McGowan as Lois Lane
rose-mcgowan11100802.jpg

Jonah Hill as Jimmy Olsen
jonah_hill.jpg

Jeremy Piven as Perry White
jeremy-piven.jpg

John Malkovich as Milton Fine/Brainiac
480px-JohnMalkovich2005Locarno.jpg

Supporting/Sequel Cast
Joan Allen as Mercy Graves
allen-joan-photo-xxl-joan-allen-6218354.jpg

Kevin Durand as John Corben
274_3114-keamy.jpg

Idris Elba as John Henry Irons
Idris_Elba.jpg

Ed Harris as General Sam Lane
ed-harris.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm.

I'm now the uncomfortable position of wondering if I'll ever be satisfied by a Perry who isn't Jeremy Piven in any live-action Superman ever again. Unless, perhaps, it's Alan Arkin.

Haha. Thanks.

I would have done Alan Arkin if I had been smart enough to think about it, but Piven works for my idea. I'm trying to go with a relatively younger cast.

I think I'm proudest of Jonah Hill as Jimmy Olsen. Jonah Hill as Jimmy Olsen and Wright as Lex are the two reasons I decided to do the Dreamcast this time.

Last edited:
Zombipanda, that's a great cast. Very unexpected but great choices. I can surprisingly picture all of those actors in the roles. Wright as Luthor is brilliant. Hill as Olsen is great; he's nerdy and funny. Piven as White is great (let me guess - you were thinking of Entourage when you chose him?). Allen as Mercy is great. And it's interesting to see just how little the actors' looks/physical appearance can matter when casting. Great job.

If I'd have Jeremy Piven as Perry White, I'd expect him to be exactly like Ari Gold.

Because Ari Gold is my hero.

Okay, I'm going to make a quick swing at this, so don't expect too much:

Jonathan Rhys Meyers, channeling remote but charismatic superstar from Velvet Goldmine as Superman, Clark Kent not included.

Rose Byrne, playing up both halves of her Damages persona, as the deceptively sweet looking but bull**** savvy Lois Lane

Neal McDonough, drawing upon experience as the politically ambitious Deputy D.A. from TV's Boomtown as Lex Luthor.

R. Lee Ermey, playing a subdued version of his hard-nosed drill sergeant schtick but with some of his drug-addled crazy from Action as Perry White.

Adam Brody, as slightly spazzy Internet generation version of Jimmy Olsen.

Ugh.... Now I have to come up with a plot by 9 o'clock.

hum.... I may just have to cannibalize ideas I've used elsewhere.

I don't think a plot is required, but whatever you come up with is probably going to be good.

I don't know. We'll see what I come up with when I get back.

But yeah. I won't feel like its complete unless I have at least a skeleton of a plot.

Edit: And yes. Ari Gold was the inspiration.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back