DreamMOVIE #1: The Spielberg/Lucas hit machine!

Re: DreamMOVIE #12: The Spielberg/Lucas hit machine!

I am totally cool with that.

DreamMOVIE is a good name, though... If people want, I can rename this thread DreamMOVIE #1... The winner can start a new round of DreamMOVIE, and if anyone has a good idea for a new Adaptation round, just start a new Dreamcasting: Adaptations round with round #12.
Sounds like a plan.

And in that case, the person who should start Dreamcasting: Adaptations should be Kalicki, because he won the last round, I think, but marvelman picked it up because he was absent for a few days.

I still prefer Pitchmaster. Or Perfect Pitch.

Sounds like a plan.

And in that case, the person who should start Dreamcasting: Adaptations should be Kalicki, because he won the last round, I think, but marvelman picked it up because he was absent for a few days.

I was about to say Joe should get round 12 then if this is round 1 , I'm scared I'm starting to think like ourchair and that is a slippery slope you just can't come back from :panic: :panic:

:lol:

A suit wearing nine to fiver, Martin McFly is nothing like his grandfather. He isn't into sports, he doesn't like adventure, and he hates new things. Over course of the movie this would change, and his personality will become more like his fun loving grandfather. Casey Affleck, unlike his older brother, can act this role of someone who has been beat down by life, and at the end, sees the wonder behind it again.
What a brilliant conception for a McFly descendant. And that he's played by Casey Affleck is just ****ing icing on the cake.

Ultimate Houde said:
Doctor Jules Brown dresses like he is land owner from the late 1800's. His mannerism is slightly more refined than of his fathers, and he is prone to fits of intelligence, where he almost acts exactly like Emmett Brown. Ewan McGregor can pull off the bouts of insanity that Jules would be prone too, as well as the seriousness that he would have unlike his father.
Another genius idea of a descendant. How did you do this? I love it when people use Ewan McGregor the way he's supposed to be used.

Ditto for Heath Ledger as the friendly Tannen.

Repeat ad infinitum ad nauseum.

I'm not kidding.

I really wished I liked the plot more, because the cast AND the characters are just brilliantly realized and aptly casted. Also, there's a touch of inspired-ness to putting Jules & Verne against each other. I feel like doing that is also a nice little nod to the animated series, regardless of whether it's canon or not.

Thumbs up to your cast, Houde.

What a brilliant conception for a McFly descendant. And that he's played by Casey Affleck is just ****ing icing on the cake.

My original choice was Seth Green, but I felt he didn't synch up with the cast enough. That, and for the darker movie I wanted here, Casey could show more emotions.

Another genius idea of a descendant. How did you do this? I love it when people use Ewan McGregor the way he's supposed to be used.

What I like about that casting was the dynamic between him and Jude Law. I can visualize them being brothers, and staring at each other from their proscpetive time machines, yelling at each other complaining about which one is their Dad's favorite. Ewan spouting about how Dad doesn't want them to interfere with history, and Jude stating that if history wasn't interfered with, Dad would have died.

Ditto for Heath Ledger as the friendly Tannen.

Repeat ad infinitum ad nauseum.

I'm not kidding.

Thank you for that. That's what I wanted to know
I really wished I liked the plot more, because the cast AND the characters are just brilliantly realized and aptly casted. Also, there's a touch of inspired-ness to putting Jules & Verne against each other. I feel like doing that is also a nice little nod to the animated series, regardless of whether it's canon or not.

Thumbs up to your cast, Houde.

I never watched the animated series myself, so I have no idea what the nod is.

As for the plot, I wanted a different tone. Yeah, you can argue that it's not Back to the Future because it's not fun. But that is a subjective term, I can see the fun in it, the travelling between time periods searching for a rogue time traveler, learning about oneselves, becoming better people in the process. Each character would evolve so much in that adventure. And who says these are world shattering events going on? They could just be important events that needed to be defused. I fail to see how a rich religious cult could destroy the world, or want too? Or the economy crashing, that wouldn't destroy the world, just set back civilization. It's darker than the first three, but that was done intentionally, I wanted these three to stand out from the previous three.

And like Marvelman said, this could simply be about saving Verne from himself. That's why the McFly is there, because a McFly had saved a Brown before.

My original choice was Seth Green, but I felt he didn't synch up with the cast enough. That, and for the darker movie I wanted here, Casey could show more emotions.
No no, you went with a great choice.

Seth Green has fallen out of favor in both Hollywood and the Hollywood in my head, and I think if you were going into that kind of tonal direction to have an actor LIKE Seth Green, I would be going with someone like Jesse Bradford.

Ultimate Houde said:
What I like about that casting was the dynamic between him and Jude Law. I can visualize them being brothers, and staring at each other from their proscpetive time machines, yelling at each other complaining about which one is their Dad's favorite. Ewan spouting about how Dad doesn't want them to interfere with history, and Jude stating that if history wasn't interfered with, Dad would have died.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ultimate Houde said:
I never watched the animated series myself, so I have no idea what the nod is.
Oh nothing terribly insightful. It's just that in the movies, there are no indications of what the Brown brothers personalities are like.

The animated series wasn't very good, sort of a by the numbers kids thing that went with the obvious direction that they would fight all the time. Verne was the mischief maker who liked taking advantage of what gadgets were around at the very least for practical means and at the worst for personal gain. Jules was essentially the straight-laced elder brother who was kind of a killjoy.

By making Jules the responsible one and Verne the gain-seeking devil, you are, therefore, a latent genius in accidentally acknowledging those personality traits.

Last edited:

I based it off the dynamic between me and my brother had growing up. Usually the younger ones have a more lackadaisical view on life itself, which comes out to be more irresponsible in the view of others, but they think they are doing the right thing.

Granted I took it to the extreme here.

I based it off the dynamic between me and my brother had growing up. Usually the younger ones have a more lackadaisical view on life itself, which comes out to be more irresponsible in the view of others, but they think they are doing the right thing.

Granted I took it to the extreme here.
No no. That makes sense. I'm sure if it was between me and my older brother, I'd be the totally evil one.

Ten years from now, my nephew will be hooked up to wires connected to an alchemical array that will summon the very squid-like glory of Nyarlathotep.

No no. That makes sense. I'm sure if it was between me and my older brother, I'd be the totally evil one.

Ten years from now, my nephew will be hooked up to wires connected to an alchemical array that will summon the very squid-like glory of Nyarlathotep.

Legend of the Overfiend is your inspiration, isn't it?

Ultimate Houde said:
Figured that would have been 1000 ourchair points at least
Only if you had made a stronger implication. ;P

I just PMed Kalicki. Assuming he checks soon, he'll be starting the Dreamcasting: Adaptations round.

Last edited:

Shouldn't this be " DreamMOVIE #1" unless I'm mistaken and title is correct and I just missed DreamMOVIE #1-#11:lol:

Last edited:

Is DreamMOVIE going to be the pitch game where you just pitch an idea for an existing franchise? Or is it going to be something else?

So I was talking to my friend Will about my Indiana Jones movie, and he came up with a great scene, in which Alexander Midas asks Ulysses Cliffhanger for the name of the troublesome young man hounding their operation. Ulysses Cliffhanger responds (remember - this is Bruce Campbell) "I forget. I think it was... Montana... Smith."

I so want that movie made.

So I was talking to my friend Will about my Indiana Jones movie, and he came up with a great scene, in which Alexander Midas asks Ulysses Cliffhanger for the name of the troublesome young man hounding their operation. Ulysses Cliffhanger responds (remember - this is Bruce Campbell) "I forget. I think it was... Montana... Smith."

I so want that movie made.

BWHAHAHA

I'm so excited about my Star Wars pitch. I'm going to have concept art and everything.

I'm intrigued. Are you doing the original trilogy? If so, what are your opinions about redesigning unique characters like Jabba, Darth Vader, Chewbacca, C-3PO, etc?

You want this to be a reality series so much, don't you?
I'm intrigued. Are you doing the original trilogy? If so, what are your opinions about redesigning unique characters like Jabba, Darth Vader, Chewbacca, C-3PO, etc?
I'm actually just redesigning the main five cast members and episode 4, but I'm planning on a most likely way too long description of how I'd stylistically reimagine the whole Star Wars universe.

So I'm keeping my cards close for the moment. Or something. I don't play poker.

Latest posts

Back