DreamMOVIE #1: The Spielberg/Lucas hit machine!

Re: DreamMOVIE #12: The Spielberg/Lucas hit machine!

I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that Bass is going to come and PWN us all with a glorious Indiana Jones cast the likes of which has never been seen or heard.

:p :D

I just looked at Langsta's cast - his Obi-Wan and Han Solo are *******ed wonderful.

Thanks dude. But you should be proud of that cast. I still can't stop thinking about how ****ing awesome it is.

Last edited:

No offence but Langsta should be disqualified for having James Earl Jones voicing vader , While understand it

2) Participants may not use actors who have played the role before in the same medium before. Voice talents may not reprise their role, nor can film/TV ones.

So even if it is fixed he should be disqualified from this round and unable to compete. Sorry dude but the rules are the rules

No offence but Langsta should be disqualified for having James Earl Jones voicing vader , While understand it

So even if it is fixed he should be disqualified from this round and unable to compete. Sorry dude but the rules are the rules

lucky for him, the kid saved his *** because he stated that cast is null and void; he is going with his indiana jones cast posted about 3 or 4 posts later.

That said, I'm not personally sure what the policy is regarding finality of posted casts, but I'm pretty sure he could have changed it by the end date and it would have been fine... Had he not, of course, and he not also pulled that cast from judging (much as you did, mole- as the rules clearly state, you can only make 1 cast, and both of you made 2- but i let you both pull one before you started getting feedback), then yes, he would certainly have been dq'd

lucky for him, the kid saved his *** because he stated that cast is null and void; he is going with his indiana jones cast posted about 3 or 4 posts later.

That said, I'm not personally sure what the policy is regarding finality of posted casts, but I'm pretty sure he could have changed it by the end date and it would have been fine... Had he not, of course, and he not also pulled that cast from judging (much as you did, mole- as the rules clearly state, you can only make 1 cast, and both of you made 2- but i let you both pull one before you started getting feedback), then yes, he would certainly have been dq'd

Hey if you think broke the rules I insist I get DQ'd as like I said rules are rules.

I just still say he should be DQ'd even if he changed it or said void. rules are rules. But what ever

Hey if you think broke the rules I insist I get DQ'd as like I said rules are rules.

I just still say he should be DQ'd even if he changed it or said void. rules are rules. But what ever

I am a merciful gamesmaster.

Now don't do it again!

I am a merciful gamesmaster.

Now don't do it again!

Thanks again for your generosity, Marvelman.

Mole, I understand what you're saying, and I know Marvelman has already cleared it up, but it's not like I'm the first person who's broken the rules in Dreamcasting (i.e., more than one person has used the same actor for a particular character in past Dreamcastings). I mean if it really concerns you, then I'd go back and change it, but that cast is already deleted from the round. Besides, as you've said (I believe), Bass has already pretty much won this round.

Last edited:

yes.

EDIT: Now that youve posted the cast, BRILLIANT. Casey Affleck?! I seriously love that guy. He's great. Ewan McGre- you know what, I'm not going to go through each one, the whole cast is superb. Honestly.

That said, I think Bass has a point about the light-hearted, very PERSONAL fare of the original trilogies. That was the greatest appeal, at least for me, is that Marty was going around trying to fix up his OWN messed up family, and it led to some very funny interactions- waking up to his mom, having to deal with and make cool his uber-geek dad... making it both personal and very funny. The broader scope would be interesting, but I know I'D personally appreciate it if you would mention or think up or whatever some ways to bring levity to the film... cuz as it stands now, it sounds great, but perhaps a bit too (to quote Marty) "heavy." Just a thought. .

I see.

To address the personal feel to it, it could center more around the brothers. One brother is trying to save the other from his own evil deeds. He takes McFly with him because a McFly has saved a Brown before. The ending could be Martin talking down Verne, who, to ensure the lightning strike, makes a connection so it happens.

HE doesn't die, just ends up liek his dad, cooky

Last edited:

To address the personal feel to it, it could center more around the brothers. One brother is trying to save the other from his own evil deeds. He takes McFly with him because a McFly has saved a Brown before. The ending could be Martin talking down Verne, who, to ensure the lightning strike, makes a connection so it happens.

I generally dislike sequels where the main character is "[insert random movie hero name here] Jr." However, with this particular saga, it works with the "time-travel" theme. I wouldn't put too much of the focus on Jules and Verne. Their conflict should be in the background. I think Marty Jr. should be the center of the movie. But that's just my opinion.

Also Houde, keep in mind that criticism is often there for the better. People wouldn't be telling you what to improve on if they didn't want to help you....It's usually for your benefit, so you should learn to take it (sorry, I didn't mean to go off on a lecture like that....).

no problem buddy

I know it's no problem, but....I wouldn't mind if you DQed me.

I think we should forget the voting. The moderator of the round chooses the next person to create the next round.

Hell, that's what happened with this round anyway.

I think we should forget the voting. The moderator of the round chooses the next person to create the next round.

Lol. Yeah, that's a good idea, and it saves time.

No, thank you. For gracing us with such an awesome cast.

That said....if this round is over, what are your guys' ideas for next round? Should we have a round dedicated solely to Star Wars / Indiana Jones / BttF (because some people thought that this round was unfair, and should probably be given a chance to post their cast....or something.)? Or....should we give people a chance to post their casts for this round (because I don't think we've reached the deadline date....).

Um... No thank you?

This is a game... I don't know. The round moderator choosing who gets the next round just brings up favoritism, and frankly, when I have time to put in a round, I do it because I want to win. Its a contest, its all about putting out the best cast, something better than everyone else's.

And I don't have a problem with this becoming a DreamMOVIE game and there being the Dreamcasting game as a separate entity... But we need to figure out what we want for each of them... I don't think both should become pitch based, because while pitch based casts are inevitably more interesting and typically win because of the effort put into them, we don't all have time to put together a movie pitch every week.

My suggestion:

DreamMOVIE - Pitch based rounds - Two Weeks before voting (because if there needs to be a pitch, you shold give people more time), Leave these rounds open to whatever the winner of the previous round wants it to be. Like if you were to say "Star Wars Episode VII" that's as equally valid as asking people to do a remake of the first Star Wars. But open rounds like this I don't think are the answer to the question.

Dreamcasting - Cast based rounds - One Week before voting - If people want to toss a pitch in there, great, but otherwise, don't worry about it.

Still, I'm not positive a movie pitch based game would survive... And I do think that Comics ought to have their own separate Dreamcasting game... The reason why I designated it specifically as comics dreamcasting in the first case was simply that it was in the "Comic Book Movie" forum.

Honestly, I still think just two dreamcasting games work - Anything Goes and Comic Books. Because when you come down to it, Comics are really the only thing we know that we all have in common, interests-wise... but if people

So lets discuss it a bit more, and try to come to an agreement.

I totally 100% disagree about the moderator choosing the winner, though. Without the competition, I really do think that BOTH games would die.

Last edited:

kirkawesomevy0.jpg

When I said pitch based game, I didn't mean as a dreamcast/movie whatever. It should have nothing to do with casting. You just write out a plot synopsis, character list etc. Leave the casting to the dreamcasts.

Yeah, I think having three is too much. I think the remake/pitch thing should be something separate, and not even involve dreamcasting.
You are right.

Just strike the word Dreamcasting and you're good to go.

Dreamcasting: Comic Books
Dreamcasting: Adaptations
Pitch Master: Pitching Them Pitches.

Dr. Strangefate said:
The reason why I designated it specifically as comics dreamcasting in the first case was simply that it was in the "Comic Book Movie" forum.
It was only there because a mod moved it to the Games forum, and because of that every round starter started making it there and read the word "Comic Book Movie" and thought they were limited to comics and people started turning Remakes Into Adaptations.

Nathan Fillion is to Harrison Ford as Hugh Jackman is to Clint Eastwood.
I'm having trouble not casting him for Han Solo and I didn't even like Firefly. (Yeah, I said it!)

I'm so excited about my Star Wars pitch. I'm going to have concept art and everything.

I have something up my sleeve for star wars too... when is the deadline?

Dreamcasting: Comic Books
Dreamcasting: Adaptations
Pitch Master: Pitching Them Pitches.

I am totally cool with that.

DreamMOVIE is a good name, though... If people want, I can rename this thread DreamMOVIE #1... The winner can start a new round of DreamMOVIE, and if anyone has a good idea for a new Adaptation round, just start a new Dreamcasting: Adaptations round with round #12.

Latest posts

Back