I just read that guy's review

It's so biased about the things in it, like the fire scene, the bad guy's motivation, plus the characterization.

He wanted his Superman's origin to be told. Face it, it's a different origin with different things happening. This is by no mean the 'dark' version of an origin story at all, it's just not the 'boy scout' version either.

And the damn clothes are a major plot point. For ****s sake, that reviewer wanted something else.

So yeah, Gothamite will agree with him on most points.

I disagree with Gothamite regularly on this point. I think there is a tendency in comic book readers that there's always an expectation of telling a story that very narrowly fits into their vision of the character, but I don't think that's the case here.

;) I'll tell you why you're wrong when I'm done reading it.

This is not a bad story. I think the problem is, it's not a DC Superman story. This is a Marvel Superman story.

That's an interesting take...

That's why the Barnes & Noble Library exists.

Not in Ireland.

I disagree with Gothamite regularly on this point. I think there is a tendency in comic book readers that there's always an expectation of telling a story that very narrowly fits into their vision of the character, but I don't think that's the case here.

Wait...what? When have you disagreed with me on this point? Origins?

Last edited:
i just read it last night. I liked the story once it got past the "what should i do with my life?" part. I'm interested to see where the story goes from there.

I really liked Jimmy's character more than usual too.

Edit: Was that Tyrell guy supposed to be similar to Lobo?

Last edited:
Are they gonna make plans for other dc characters for this earth one universe or what?

Welcome!

I thought they had announced other books? Didn't JMS quit the regular Superman title to start working on more of these?

I can't help but feel that the batman one is gonna take forever, it's Geoff johns and every time he does something that's not a regular monthly series It is always late. Why?

I bought the superman one yesterday. Not read yet but cover and art (when i flicked through to make sure it wasn't damaged) looked great.

I read this at the bookstore about a week ago. I thought it was pretty bad.

I think the main complaint most people had is how angsty Supes is acting. I agree it was over the top, but at the same time, for an alien kid raised on Earth, away from home for the first time, trying to find his place in the world, blah blah blah...it made a certain amount of sense.

It could've been a thousand times better, but I personally didn't think it was terrible (well, the villain was very forgetful and cookie-cutter), just not very good, either.

I can't help but feel that the batman one is gonna take forever, it's Geoff johns and every time he does something that's not a regular monthly series It is always late. Why?

Maybe cuz he's working on all those monthly series and mapping out the general direction for a good portion of the DC universe.

I can't wait to see which character gets their first sidekick, once other characters are established of course. I'm hoping they at least release one monthly title.

I thought that the book was interesting. It was not my favorite superman story ever told but a descent one none the least. I do agree that at some point this superman should have come to the conclusion that he has these powers to do good and chose to do it well before he was forced too.

Latest posts

Back