I can tell you this much, if the books have the same ISBN then they have identical contents (covers can vary) or else the ISBN would be different.

Edit: Looked it up. Solo Cap cover = 528 pages. Group cover = 592 pages. Edit 2: ...which doesn't seem to be right according to Marvels webpage :?

Last edited:
I've been trying to look up information on this all day. Pretty much the same thing is listed for both books. There's no accounting for what the extra 64 pages might be. But I really like the solo Cap cover, much more than the other one, so I'd be disappointed if Cap didn't get the lion's share of extra material.

If I didn't know better I would say that those who list the book as 528 pages has it as that since Marvel had it but when Marvel changed it to 592 pages they didn't and still has it as 528.

Newbie, your name rocks. Welcome!

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone. In case you're wondering, my name is from a character in the Mars Trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson.

Well, I ordered the Cap Alone HC (I hope that's what I get) from Buy.com. The free shipping will take 7-9 business days though. :( Just have to sit on my hands and wait til then I guess.

But otherwise, it was a spectacular series! Can't wait to read it again! I just wish they would release Universe and Paradise in HC format as well, but somehow I don't think they were as popular as the first series; at least, not enough to warrant a HC re-issue.

sax_russell_the_green said:
Thanks for all the welcomes everyone. In case you're wondering, my name is from a character in the Mars Trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson.

Well, I ordered the Cap Alone HC (I hope that's what I get) from Buy.com. The free shipping will take 7-9 business days though. :( Just have to sit on my hands and wait til then I guess.

But otherwise, it was a spectacular series! Can't wait to read it again! I just wish they would release Universe and Paradise in HC format as well, but somehow I don't think they were as popular as the first series; at least, not enough to warrant a HC re-issue.

They are rereleasing those in either HC or trade in the next couple months.

Ultimate Warrior said:
If I didn't know better I would say that those who list the book as 528 pages has it as that since Marvel had it but when Marvel changed it to 592 pages they didn't and still has it as 528.

That's what I was thinking. Marvel changes page counts all the time, and not everyone stays on top of things.

:lol: It's here! It's here! Praise be to the Lord Thor!

So, my Earth X HC got delivered today. I'm very pleased with the speed it was mailed. Buy.com, you kick ***!

Sure enough, it is the edition with Good Ole' Cap by his Lonesome, and it is the 591 page edition that Marvel said they would release. It's actually slimmer than I was imagining. I'm not sure what extras are new and what are simply reprints from the TPB (been a while since I perused it) or the previous Limited Edition HC (I'll get you one day my pretty). There's a very handy concordance that details what issue of what comic each backstory element originally happened in that's mentioned in Earth X. Would you like to know why Luna was never originally subjected to the Terrigen Mists? Check out Thing #3. There's also a very lenghty section of sketches of pretty much all the characters, major and minor, along with short descriptions of them and their motivations/background. I'm guessing this is the Earth X Sketchbook? Or part of it maybe? I seem to remember some sketches in the TPB, but nothing this lengthy. The cover to the Sketchbook is included, but after the sketches, so who knows.

The rest of the series is presented in it's full glory. I'm going to start reading now and enjoy it all over again. If you only buy one Hardcover this year, buy the Ultimates Vol. 1. If you buy two hardcovers, buy Earth X. ;)

So did we ever figure out if there is a 528-page edition and if so, what it's missing that the 592 page edition has?

And if not, is there any difference in the insides between the Cap cover and the group cover? Is there even a group cover?

Earth X is much better than Universe X and Paradise X.

E said:
So did we ever figure out if there is a 528-page edition and if so, what it's missing that the 592 page edition has?
I remember when it was solicited for August of last year, that it said it was 528 pages.

E said:
And if not, is there any difference in the insides between the Cap cover and the group cover? Is there even a group cover?
There was a different cover, but it was changed to the Cap one, last mention I heard.

Ice said:
I remember when it was solicited for August of last year, that it said it was 528 pages.

There was a different cover, but it was changed to the Cap one, last mention I heard.

So...the increased the page number and changed the cover - am I understanding this right? There aren't different versions?

WOW WOW WOW! I'm almost done with earthx im up to the part where cap just killed the skull the story is amazing.............but good GOD does the art suck. It's awfull why in god's name didn't alex ross paint the whole thing that just false advertising :sick:

Last edited:
I can safely say that Earth X lived up to the hype. It's still not as good as Kingdom Come, but damn close.

It took me about four issues to get into it. Until the story finally clicked for me and began making sense, I was convinced that this was a complete and utter disappointment. It seemed to be nothing more than a series of random events with Arron Stack and Uatu babbling on and on over it. But things got better. Much better.

Did anyone else wish desperately that they could reach through the comic and punch Uatu in the face? His constant interjections about how insignificant and pointless humanity is just get ****ing annoying after a while.

I liked the art, also.

I wish I could think of more to say, but this thing is just too damn big. I think this was more wordy than Watchmen. Which is saying something.

I really wish I had the time/money to check out the sequels, but I don't.

Last edited:
I can safely say that Earth X lived up to the hype. It's still not as good as Kingdom Come, but damn close.

It took me about four issues to get into it. Until the story finally clicked for me and began making sense, I was convinced that this was a complete and utter disappointment. It seemed to be nothing more than a series of random events with Arron Stack and Uatu babbling on and on over it. But things got better. Much better.

Did anyone else wish desperately that they could reach through the comic and punch Uatu in the face? His constant interjections about how insignificant and pointless humanity is just get ****ing annoying after a while.

I liked the art, also.

I wish I could think of more to say, but this thing is just too damn big. I think this was more wordy than Watchmen. Which is saying something.

I really wish I had the time/money to check out the sequels, but I don't.

Yeah, I read it and hated the Watcher. Smug prick.

I also came away from it annoyed with X-51 and his naivety.

I loved how all of these weird things came out of nowhere and made no sense in the context of each other, but slowly came together.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but comics rarely shock me. However, when it dawned on me what the Celestials were doing, I couldn't get to the end of the chapter fast enough. That last page of issue #9, when it shows the silhouettes of the Celestials...I stared at that page with my mouth hanging open.

Latest posts

Back