earth x is really good on its own...but amazing when coupled with the other 2 parts of the trilogy. i've found that the paradise x tpbs are pretty hard to find, at least in my neck of the woods. i also think that paradise x is the most out there of the trilogy.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this MWOF, but Daredevil (and his entire corner of the universe: Kingpin, Bullseye, and Elektra) play very big parts in Paradise X.

Before I continue, I'm not sure if this thread is just spoilers for Earth X, or for the entire trilogy. I'm erring on the side of caution and WARNING you that this SPOILS A LOT. It doesn't spoil it all, but I'm giving you fair warning. The Universe X doesn't really spoil too much, but to even discuss Paradise X is to give away the ending of Universe X. But if you need incentive to read the rest of the trilogy, and plow through the text, read on.

While in Earth X we discover the Celestials method of reproduction involves implanting an egg in a planet then creating a superhuman population to protect it, thus tying all this together, in Universe X,
we see how multiple universes all tie together, and how this is related to Mephisto - for example, he's the reason alternate realities exist. The reason why he creates them, and the truth of Mephisto's origin are amazingly brilliant.
Paradise X ties everything together, and
Captain Mar-Vell actually builds heaven himself - but its in the Negative Zone, and that starts to eat away at the Zone, prompting an interdimensional war. Also, X-51 gets heralds from different Marvel Universes to expose the Celestial egg on alternate Earths, which has enormous ramifications on the Watchers. We also discover what the Elders of the Universe are up to, and how that ties to the Celestials - and it's much bigger than the Celestials are. Oh - and Galactus - the STAR Galactus - shows up.
But for me, the really high point in Paradise X (other than when Mar-Vell tells Reed democracy is a crap way to govern) is the discovery of Wolverine's real origin. It will blow you away.

The Official Earth/Universe/Pardise X Thread

i know i've seen one that covered the original Earth X in some scant form, but i figured we need one that covers the whole damn series.

As is probably obvious from many of my previous threads the Earth X cycle is by far my most favorite Comic in the world, second only and maybe to Kingdom Come.

Currently i am hammering my way through Paradise X Vol. II

what are peoples thoughts on the series as a whole?

As it stands now i personally think Earth X is obviously the most groundbreaking and the best. I love the imagery that comes in the Universe X chapter, especially
creating the New York City Man with the vibranium

And now that i am deep into the heart of Paradise X i am really enjoying the direction that Ross is taking it as this behemoth barrels towards the fateful and epic ending.

thatdandydinty said:
i know i've seen one that covered the original Earth X in some scant form, but i figured we need one that covers the whole damn series.

Merged with an existing thread. There is also a Earth X non-spoiler thread .

Never read the other ones, but read Universe X....and all I can say is that I COULDNT agree more with UltimateE, this book was so forced I wanted to SKIP pages to get to the end, was just to slow and forced.

For those complaining of being lost within Universe X, the simple solution is don't read it first. The trilogy can only really be appreciated in it's entirety if you read it in it's entirety.

And when I say 'appreciate'...... Normally, I'm willing to let people have their opinions, but if you don't like the Earth X trilogy, there is something wrong with you. It's scope, vision, depth, it's sheer beauty, masterful storytelling, it all works. Quite frankly, the greatest series I've ever read.

And that's all I'm gonna say, 'cos if I go any further, I could honestly see myself writing a 100 page essay on the thing.

Sublime, comics at it's best.

I like Earth X.

But I don't like the overall trilogy.

Earth X on it's own is great.

The trilogy is just trying to get more money.

My buddy got me the hardcover for Christmas, and I enjoyed it so much that I read it all in one night. I think I passed out for about 45 minutes at one point, but I still loved the thing. The way Jim Krueger weaved together 40 years of Marvel history was incredible, in my opinion. I hope Marvel gives Universe X and Paradise X the same treatment so I can read those as well.

Oh, and Reed talking to Franklactus was heartbreaking.

Last edited:
I downloaded the whole trilogy a few days ago. It's funny that thise got resurrected. I've made my way though issue 4. I'm loving it so far.

When Doom apologises to Susan for his entire existence, I almost cried. Truly moving stuff.

How on Earth does Krueger manage to write almost every character in the MU better than most of the regular series writers?

Paradise X makes up for anything lacking in Universe X.

It's deep.

The best part of that series was Reed turning into Eternity. The universe really DID revolve around Reed Richards.

Fuzzy Birds said:
When Doom apologises to Susan for his entire existence, I almost cried. Truly moving stuff.

How on Earth does Krueger manage to write almost every character in the MU better than most of the regular series writers?

I was more surprised about how he was able to tie everything together and make sense of it all, even the little things like Magneto calling his Brotherhood "Evil."

Last edited:
I haven't even read Paradise or Universe, but man, just explaining the real reason why Galactus eats planets and how EVERYTHING ties into that was nothing short of brilliant.

That this isn't canon is a disgrace.

UltimateE said:
That this isn't canon is a disgrace.

Yup. I can understand that a number of characters origins were drastically altered or put in a different light, but the revelations around Galactus and the Celestials, not to mention the Elders, and especially Mephisto and the Asgardians, were just too astonishing and near genius to just file away under 'alternate universe differences'.

Fuzzy Birds said:
Yup. I can understand that a number of characters origins were drastically altered or put in a different light

Ah, but that's the beauty of it. They didn't really *alter* anything as much as they offered "real" explanations, i.e. the Asgardians, etc.

It really is impressive. It connects everything and creates something new out of it.

Seriously, the Galctus/Celestial stuff has even MORE to be revealed in the trilogies, as well as amazing insights such as
Mephisto is responsible for creating alternate universes
. Seriously, it's just worth the 'slog'. It's hard work, but it's really worth it. These guys do to the entire MU what they did to Galactus and the Celestials. And it all makes sense.

UltimateE said:
Ah, but that's the beauty of it. They didn't really *alter* anything as much as they offered "real" explanations, i.e. the Asgardians, etc.

I thought it was brilliant how he explained how there could be Norse, Greek, and Egyptian Gods all living together.

Finally finished Earth X.

Whoa.

This was incredible.

I loved the reasons. Black Bolt blinding the Watcher. Franklin is Galactus. The scene with Reed and heartbreaking. The plan with Black Bolt screaming his name. Tony's last stand. The reasons for the heros and Galactus. It was all incredible.

A+

I'm about halfway though Universe X. What I find interesting is lots of the events in this are happening now in a way. Reed Richard sends The Hulk to another world. Spider-Man has an illusion that he's married to Gwen instead of Mary Jane. Storm and Black Panther are married. There was more but can't remember.

Latest posts

Back