Ex Machina series discussion (spoilers)

Added Special #2 to the timeline.

The last three pages of #5 happen in the middle of Special #2, right? Because of the line "...if Pherson kills me tonight" in #5.

vintsukka said:
Added Special #2 to the timeline.

The last three pages of #5 happen in the middle of Special #2, right? Because of the line "...if Pherson kills me tonight" in #5.

Yep, I believe it does.

Anyone else think Pherson's alive? I want him to come back, and explain a bit more about their powers.

Has Ex Machina #21 came out yet?

Added #21 to the timeline.

After Special #2 came out, I actually read the whole thing in sequence. Made a nice effect to start the story from Hundred's childhood and continue from there.

The two issues of the Special were the first two issues of Ex Machina that I didn't really like - which, considering how far we are into the series, is kinda surprising. The general premise of Mitchell Hundred facing his "opposite number" wasn't too bad, but the way he got his powers was just such a .... clanker that I had a hard time getting past it.

But with #21 have to say - WHY did Hundred want to be Mayor again? Eeeeeeee, he has no luck other than bad. Bet he doesn't run for re-election. One of the things I love about this series is the strength of the REST of the cast - for whatever reasons, a lot of comics that used to have big supportiung casts have dropped them, and I really like that ensemble feeling. I love reading about Hundred and his staff arguing.

Last edited:
Yeah, how Pherson got his powers was a big "eh".

I read the first 5 issues and this is better than I thought.

The premise sounded stupid but I like it. It's a cool power to have and I'm looking forward to reading more.

Y The Last Man is better though.

Last edited:
thee great one said:
I read the first 5 issues and this is better than I thought.

The premise sounded stupid but I like it. It's a cool power to have and I'm looking forward to reading more.

Y The Last Man is better though.

Woah. I'm just starting to read the first five issues, too. :shock:

I like it. Probably not as much as Y or Runaways, because it gets too political sometimes, but it's a great book. Mitchell Hundred is a fun character, and I want to see more of The Great Machine.

ProjectX2 said:
I like it. Probably not as much as Y or Runaways, because it gets too political sometimes, but it's a great book. Mitchell Hundred is a fun character, and I want to see more of The Great Machine.

Since I only collect it in trades and still haven't encountered the character, I cannot wait to see Jack Pherson in action.

Too bad. He doesn't appear in the regular series.

I guess you're thinking this because they always talk about him? His story is in the two Ex Machina Specials that came out, which may or may not be collected in a future trade...

ProjectX2 said:
Too bad. He doesn't appear in the regular series.

I guess you're thinking this because they always talk about him? His story is in the two Ex Machina Specials that came out, which may or may not be collected in a future trade...

I know his appearance is in the specials. Does DC really not collect things like that into trades? That's stupid.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I know his appearance is in the specials. Does DC really not collect things like that into trades? That's stupid.

DC aren't really that good with collecting trades, but Wildstorm and Vertigo are really good, so they should eventually be collected. Someone asked BKV and he said something about that if they were collected, it wouldn't be for a while.

Rhyo said:
The two issues of the Special were the first two issues of Ex Machina that I didn't really like - which, considering how far we are into the series, is kinda surprising. The general premise of Mitchell Hundred facing his "opposite number" wasn't too bad, but the way he got his powers was just such a .... clanker that I had a hard time getting past it.

But with #21 have to say - WHY did Hundred want to be Mayor again? Eeeeeeee, he has no luck other than bad. Bet he doesn't run for re-election. One of the things I love about this series is the strength of the REST of the cast - for whatever reasons, a lot of comics that used to have big supportiung casts have dropped them, and I really like that ensemble feeling. I love reading about Hundred and his staff arguing.

I have ONLY read those issues, and i kinda liked them, its a good way for people like me to go and check out the series...which i will be doing when i get the chance and time.

I've only read up to issue 10 from the first two trades. Are the special 2 parters going to be traded you think? I hope so....

Ice said:
I've only read up to issue 10 from the first two trades. Are the special 2 parters going to be traded you think? I hope so....

ProjectX2 said:
DC aren't really that good with collecting trades, but Wildstorm and Vertigo are really good, so they should eventually be collected. Someone asked BKV and he said something about that if they were collected, it wouldn't be for a while.

:wink:

Latest posts

Back