Fables series discussion (spoilers)

I was initially against Fabletown defeating the Empire and capturing Gepetto, but after reading the post-war stuff and seeing some of the upcoming stories, I'm very excited. Fables is so good.

I just got done with vol. 11 and HOLY ****. Gepetto is part of Fabletown, Charming is dead, and the Empire is in pieces, I'm going to go insane waiting for the next trade. Also, I'm now fully behind a Cinderella spinoff.

Heh, too bad for Boy Blue that Rose Red isn't into color themed romance.

so, uh, the good news?

FABLES TV SHOW, BI***ES!!

the bad news? it's uh, on ABC, written by, uh, <sigh>, the guys who wrote the "Elektra" movie.

Here ya go.

Keep in mind Willingham is awful on everything BUT Fables... Maybe Fables is magical and turns everyone into an awesome writer.

New Fables cover artist has been revealed, it think his work looks pretty good.

fables.jpg

fables2.jpg

His name is Joao Ruas more here.

Cool. He looks similar to James Jean which is a good thing.

Though this crossover means I'm going to need to read Jack of Fables again.

Cool. He looks similar to James Jean which is a good thing.

Though this crossover means I'm going to need to read Jack of Fables again.

I thought it was funny how in the interview they said they didn't want someone who was just trying copy Jean, not that he is, but the styles are very similar. On a related note is anyone going to get the art book with almost all of James Jean's Fables covers?

FABLES #83
Written by Bill Willingham & Matthew Sturges
Art by Mark Buckingham & Andrew Pepoy
Cover by Joao Ruas
Part 1 of "The Great Fables Crossover"! Thrill! To the adventures of your favorite Fables as they fight for their very existence in the greatest Fables epic yet! Shudder! To the danger as all of existence is about to be wiped out with the stroke of a pen! 3 months @ 3 books per month! = 9 amazing issues! Featuring Brazilian newcomer Joao Ruas, who brings his exquisite style and elegance as our new cover artist!
On sale April 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS

JACK OF FABLES #33
Written by Matthew Sturges & Bill Willingham
Art by Russ Braun & Jose Marzan Jr.
Cover by Brian Bolland
Part 2 of "The Great Fables Crossover"! This is the opening salvo in what will come to be known around the world as "The Great Fables Crossover" (except for that one issue of FABLES that comes out the previous week that actually starts it, but who gives a crap?). You know, everyone is always saying, "Hey, we want to see Jack get his *** kicked." And since this is a crossover, there could be all kinds of people who might be kicking Jack's ***. But it'll probably only involve the one person you're thinking would do something
like that.
On sale April 22 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS

THE LITERALS #1
Written by Bill Willingham & Matthew Sturges
Art by Mark Buckingham & Andrew Pepoy
Cover by Mark Buckingham
Part 3 of "The Great Fables Crossover"! If you're a reader of JACK OF FABLES, then you're familiar with The Literals – an extended family of characters who literally embody literary notions. It's also very possible that one of The Literals may have created all of the Fables plus the universe in which they reside, unbeknownst to our beloved Fables.
The full story on this enigmatic crew of characters begins here, the first in a 3-issue miniseries and Part 3 of "The Great Fables Crossover," an epic, 9-part tale spanning the pages of FABLES and JACK OF FABLES. The story kicks off when Jack reveals the existence of The Literals to Fabletown, and things quickly get chaotic from there. Fables don't like the idea of having a living god who can wipe them out with the stroke of a pen, and have thus decided to get rid of The Literals. Will they succeed in erasing their creator from existence, or will he literally rub them out first?
On sale April 29 • 1 of 3 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
MATURE READERS

The Great Fables Crossover. Holy ****.

OK...would someone please fill me in here, what the hell is a Literal?

(I've never read Jack's series.)

I finally caught up on Fables up to 80. And here I thought that everything would be quiet for awhile after the end of the war. And who the hell is Mister Dark? I've had a few ideas, but they all seem flimsy.

Tonight, I'll catch up on Jack. The Great Fables Crossover looks fantastic and I love the concept of the Literals. Can't wait!

"Fables" editor Shelly Pond took the stage to read a letter from Bill Willingham, revealing that Jack will be returning to "Fables," that Snow and Bigby will be exiled to "Jack of Fables."

:shock:

Personally, this is bigger news than the crossover thing.

Latest posts

Back