Fables series discussion (spoilers)

FABLES #53
Written by Bill Willingham,art by Mark Buckingham and Steve Leialoha and Joshua Middleton, cover by James Jean.
Geppetto's conference of imperial leaders continues in the Homelands as they discuss the ultimate fate of Fabletown. The Nome King wants war, Prince Hansel wants reprisals, and the Snow Queen wants a program of assassination. Will anyone argue for diplomacy? Plus, a backup story by Joshua Middleton.
32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Sept. 13.

The Nome King?!

THE NOME KING?!

They're finally bringing the worlds of Oz into the story!!!!!!

**** YES!

also, Prince Hansel is going to be Hansel of Hansel and Gretel, and he's gonna want the Witch who tried to eat him and his sister...

#50 was like the perfect end to the series.

I love this. Fables is awesome.

Zombipanda said:
Eh? The series isn't over, brolyduder.

I know, but it seemed like it could be the perfect end to the series.

Zombipanda said:
It really felt like a particularly well done season finale.

:wink:

ProjectX2 said:
I know, but it seemed like it could be the perfect end to the series.

:wink:

BASTARD!

When Bigby says he's retired, I believe him. It's a shame we won't see him as sheriff again, but I've got a feeling he'll be doing some more secret ops in the near future.

From the SDCC schedule:

1:00-2:00 Vertigo Voices: The Fables Forum—
Vertigo group editor Shelly Bond will be joined by the talent behind the now-classic Fables and the spin-off series Jack of Fables. Meet Bill Willingham (Fables, Shadowpact), Mark Buckingham (Fables), Tony Akins (Fables, Jack of Fables), and amazing newcomer Matthew Sturges (Jack of Fables) as they reveal the secrets behind the magic of the Fable world.
Room 5AB

I read the first 5 issues and this was better than I expected. I love all the characters and the play on fairy tales. Snow White was easy the best character so far. I also love how Prince Charming is a leech. I look forward to more.

thee great one said:
I read the first 5 issues and this was better than I expected. I love all the characters and the play on fairy tales. Snow White was easy the best character so far. I also love how Prince Charming is a leech. I look forward to more.

It only gets better.

I finally managed to snag the Arabian Nights (and Days) trade today (last one!), I'll read it later tonight.:D

thee great one said:

I just read the first TPB today too! It was a lot better than I expected. Maybe next payday I'll scrounge up some money and look into the rest of the series to get caught up.

Iceshadow said:
It only gets better.

I finally managed to snag the Arabian Nights (and Days) trade today (last one!), I'll read it later tonight.:D

Read Animal Farm.

Did I just see Snow White bust a cap in Shere Khan's head? That is so awesome.

I love how they did Goldilocks too. This series is awesome.

Is that suppose to be the fox in Narida or from the gingerbread man or both?

Yeah, naked Goldilocks is... interesting.

thee great one said:
Read Animal Farm.

Did I just see Snow White bust a cap in Shere Khan's head? That is so awesome.

I love how they did Goldilocks too. This series is awesome.

Is that suppose to be the fox in Narida or from the gingerbread man or both?

Reynard is from a french fable, but I don't remember what its called.

Latest posts

Back