Fall of the Hulks (event discussion)

I think he was implying that he finds them to be similarily uninteresting.

I interperated it like this

"Other than the cosmic stuff, I find the Hulk stuff to be the most uninteresting stuff in marvels line-up"

That is how I read it as well.

And how I read it.

The cosmic stuff started great but I think it's pretty decent. It needs to stop being event after event. I wanted self-contained stories now it is all Annhilation 1, Conquest, Secret Invasion. War Of Kings, Realm Of Kings with the Fault and ****.

How dare you speak ill of the cosmic stuff!

You are now on my ****-list VVD, that stuff's great, though Nova's been limping around a bit lately, GotG has always been great stuff.

If you haven't read Annihilation you really need to give it a chance, skip the prologue stuff though, that's what seems to be what turns the most people off for some reason, I'm not sure why.

Stupid sexy space stories.

I have indeed read Annihilation and while I recognize that the story is good in terms of quality....I just can't find myself ever interested in them in WANTING to read them.

Which is weird because you'd think I'd WANT to read about a gun-toting space racoon.

!!!!!!!

Get out of my life.

I will.......as soon as yo momma get's off me! :p

I think what it is, to me, is that I can't see how these space stories ever really tie into the 616 world that I read. I'm sure it does...but I can't see how whatever Nova is doing, really affects Tony Stark or Daredevil.

Last edited:
I wouldn't count Secret Invasion in that, sure it took 3 issues of both Nova and GotG, but it didn't affect either series, and neither series affected SI. They were just normal arcs with some skrully action, and given that they are cosmic series, that was bound to happen anyway.

VVD said:
Stupid sexy space stories.

I have indeed read Annihilation and while I recognize that the story is good in terms of quality....I just can't find myself ever interested in them in WANTING to read them.

Which is weird because you'd think I'd WANT to read about a gun-toting space racoon.
and the telepathic cosmonaut dog, and a self imposed monarchistic tree with limited speech capabilities. Hot space lesbians one of which is bald, and uh DRAX THE MOTHER ****ING DESTROYER

Last edited:
I wouldn't count Secret Invasion in that, sure it took 3 issues of both Nova and GotG, but it didn't affect either series, and neither series affected SI. They were just normal arcs with some skrully action, and given that they are cosmic series, that was bound to happen anyway.

and the telepathic cosmonaut dog, and a self imposed monarchistic tree with limited speech capabilities. Hot space lesbians one of which is bald, and uh DRAX THE MOTHER ****ING DESTROYER

I <3 Moondragon/Phylla-Vell

And Drax the Mutha****in Destroyer is a pimp.

Yeah. Again....not so much.

This attitude translates over to the Hulk series. I can't begin to care about anything going on in the Hulkverse because in the end, it's all moot. Hulk will always be "strongest there is". And while I haven't read too many Hulk stories....what can they really do to shake things up and change the status quo of Hulk?

It's a shame that they keep taking turns being dead though.

Drax the Destroyer taught Chuck Norris and Batman everything they know

Yeah, kinda annoys me. Was not a fan of the Martyr period (aside from the awesome Marko Djurdjevic designed costume).

Yeah. Again....not so much.

This attitude translates over to the Hulk series. I can't begin to care about anything going on in the Hulkverse because in the end, it's all moot. Hulk will always be "strongest there is". And while I haven't read too many Hulk stories....what can they really do to shake things up and change the status quo of Hulk?
While I generally agree about the Hulk, though I find it is more a subject of who's behind the pen, and Loeb really can not do anything worth it's weight in **** with the character. David, Pak, and a number of other writers have turned in decent Hulk stories in the past, especially David check out Hulk: The End. It seems to all be a victim of the current directions unrelenting desire to create this "Hulk Family" (A-Bomb, the Red's, et al) wich is something that has never really worked with Marvel the way it has for DC with all their derivative heroes.

Yeah, kinda annoys me. Was not a fan of the Martyr period (aside from the awesome Marko Djurdjevic designed costume).

Djurdjevic designed her Quasar suit too, and Star-Lord, Wraith, and Adam Warlock's current duds

While I generally agree about the Hulk, though I find it is more a subject of who's behind the pen, and Loeb really can not do anything worth it's weight in **** with the character. David, Pak, and a number of other writers have turned in decent Hulk stories in the past, especially David check out Hulk: The End. It seems to all be a victim of the current directions unrelenting desire to create this "Hulk Family" (A-Bomb, the Red's, et al) wich is something that has never really worked with Marvel the way it has for DC with all their derivative heroes.

Djurdjevic designed her Quasar suit too, and Star-Lord, Wraith, and Adam Warlock's current duds

Gotta agree on all counts with the Hulk stuff.

And yeah, I have a lot of Djurdjevic's design art on my external HDD.

Drax the destroyer is a *****.

As for the Hulk stuff, Pak's stuff is great and His Hulk is awesome. Stop drinking haterade ya'll.

Last edited:
OK.

So Red Hulk just killed Ross.

And then Betty and Glenn Talbot both showed up at his funeral. Even though they are both dead.

And then it turns out that Banner and Red Hulk are working together, and Banner enginneered the death of Ross.

Damn it, Loeb.

Last edited:
OK.

So Red Hulk just killed Ross.

And then Betty and Glenn Talbot both showed up at his funeral. Even though they are both dead.

And then it turns out that Banner and Red Hulk are working together, and Banner enginneered the death of Ross.

Damn it, Loeb.

That doesn't make any sense.

So i'm guessing Red isn't Ross....

Why is Lyra working for MODOK and the Leader!?

Also, on the character bios page it said that the "dark" Doc Samson hired Domino to watch Red Hulk so that Rulk would form his Code Red team to try to kill her. What a dick!

So Red Hulk #1 was pretty good (NOTE: this is written by Jeff Parker) with Rulk and A-Bomb raiding an AIM base and getting their asses kicked by Cosmic Hulk (who apparently existed previously...who knew?) and finding out more about M.O.D.O.K. than anyone would want to know. And the next issue seems to be dealing with Lyra, so I'm pumped.

[snip] I can't begin to care about anything going on in the Hulkverse because in the end, it's all moot. Hulk will always be "strongest there is". And while I haven't read too many Hulk stories....what can they really do to shake things up and change the status quo of Hulk?
I've ended up reading a lot of the Hulk titles over the years mostly for the supporting cast. And Banner is interesting when he's written well. Peter David in particular seems to have done a lot with various versions of the Hulk relating to Banner's multiple personality disorder, which I thought was a pretty creative idea.

Hulk himself is just big, angry and breaks things -- he's basically a one-trick pony. (Or, in this case, Clydesdale.) I did like Greg Pak's Planet Hulk storyline, however.

Also, on the character bios page it said that the "dark" Doc Samson hired Domino to watch Red Hulk so that Rulk would form his Code Red team to try to kill her. What a dick!
I read Hulk #18 and just ... cringed. Is there any male character in the Marvel Universe who doesn't have father issues at this point?

So Red Hulk #1 was pretty good (NOTE: this is written by Jeff Parker) with Rulk and A-Bomb raiding an AIM base and getting their asses kicked by Cosmic Hulk (who apparently existed previously...who knew?) and finding out more about M.O.D.O.K. than anyone would want to know. And the next issue seems to be dealing with Lyra, so I'm pumped.
I followed some of Lyra's adventures in Incredible Hulk #600 and later issues, as well as her mini-series. Has Marvel mentioned if her back-up story appearances in Incredible Hulk will be collected, separately or as part of that particular trade?

My LCS owner asked if I wanted to pick up the issues in the Fall of the Hulk event, and I told him I would wait for the trade collection. This thing will be spanning so many titles that it's like some of the bad old days of the 1990s....

Latest posts

Back