Fantastic Four #554-569 (Millar/Hitch) discussion (Spoilers!)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
[IMGL]http://www.newsarama.com/Chicago_07/Marvel/Sat/Hitch_FF_3_t.jpg[/IMGL] Brought to you by Newsarama!

It may be the one of the most anticipated new projects from a creative grouping since the Police reunited for their new concert tour, or Ben & Jerry created Chocolate Chop Cookie Dough...

The comic book superstar pairing of writer Mark Millar and artist Bryan Hitch lives again, this time on Marvel's Fantastic Four..

No, not Ultimate Fantastic Four ... Not a large-scale FF limited series ... The monthly Marvel Universe Fantastic Four.

The duo take over the reins of the series in early 2008 with plans to return the series to the top of the Diamond sales charts, and by the sounds of things, they don't plan on leaving for a while...

And oh yeah, and they plan on it being monthly!

We spoke with Hitch and Millar this week about why's and what's of their latest partnership…

Click on the link above for the rest of the article. Also, click on the image for a larger preview.

Last edited:
Re: Mark Millar & Bryan Hitch take over Fantastic Four!

While I felt Millar's UF4 run was poorly conceived, I dunno - the art previews just make me giddy. I think Millar was unhappy with Greg Land and so maybe he thought he didn't do as good a run on UF4 as he could've. Getting his main man, Hitch, to do the F4 might be a way for him to do something absolutely stellar.

Like I mentioned in previous thread , I'm disappointed with this. Not saying it'll be bad it Probably will kick *** , BUT the hype about their new secret project I was expecting bigger , much bigger.

Hype? There wasn't that much hype for this book. Barely any hype, actually.

Hype? There wasn't that much hype for this book. Barely any hype, actually.

We had a whole thread dedicated to what it could be with a poll , Images leaked/realsed out were done in secret. Sorry Dude but from all that I expected something like a huge one-shot or mini.

Might of just been me.

It's Fantastic Four, Marvel's first superheroes. Hitch and Millar are going to put them back on top. That's something to be excited about Mole.

It's Fantastic Four, Marvel's first superheroes. Hitch and Millar are going to put them back on top. That's something to be excited about Mole.

You seem to have misunderstood me I said
Not saying it'll be bad it Probably will kick ***

I have to say, this was not what I was expecting. But I thought Millar's run on UFF was really fun and like a popcorn comic (if such exists). And that interview has me convinced that Millar and Hitch are going something that they love and really want to do.

And so...I think I'll be buying a FF book again.

I might try this. I dunno. Guess it'll come down to money and if it actualy ships monthly. They'll probably need to keep Hytch from inking himself, and do the occasional fill in to keep it on track. As long as they do something in the Times past model, not nessicarily flashbacks but stories written to suit the fill in artist that don't directly affect the current run, it should be doable.

I'll be getting FF just for their run.

Me too, but if it's really good I'll give the next guy a few issues. I've found the FF stale and boring since I started reading comics. I'm too young for either Lee/Kirby or Byrne runs so I don't have this sense nostalgia with them.

But this sounds fun and big and I kinda want to see that right now.

Meh.

I haven't followed F4 since the Road to Civil War.....and their Civil War tie-ins had me drop the book as soon as Ben went to France.

I'll check this out because it's Millar and Hitch. But I'm not exactly estactic over this announcement.

To be honest---I'd prefer Warren Ellis do this instead of Astonishing and allow him to rip loose with his knack for crazy sci-fi and over-the-topness......and have Millar and Hitch do Astonishing. At least that way when the book still ships every other month it won't seem like such a big suprise.

Plus the idea of a writer going back to essentially the same property is kinda boring. I know Ellis has already done UFF...and so has Millar. Why not put him on something he hasn't done before?

Last edited:

*shrugs* Not really impressed. I was expecting something bigger. Plus, I wasn't a fan of Millar's UFF, so it kind of puts a dampner on the whole thing.

I'm happy. I loved Millar's UFF and I was disappointed that he wasn't going to be on for another year. I'm guessing he's going to use some of his ideas (Ben and Reed fighting Skrulls inside the President? Time travel to WW2?) that he didn't get to use in UFF for this.

I'm happy. I loved Millar's UFF and I was disappointed that he wasn't going to be on for another year. I'm guessing he's going to use some of his ideas (Ben and Reed fighting Skrulls inside the President? Time travel to WW2?) that he didn't get to use in UFF for this.

I'm happy too.

Mark Waid's first 2 arcs on Fantastic Four were the best 2 FF stories ever. JMS's first arc was the 3rd best.

I fully expect this to be even better.

And the art is going to own.

Although....I find it hilarious that they think it's going to be monthly.

Although....I find it hilarious that they think it's going to be monthly.

Well, to be fair, Hitch is finished with the first five already, and it doesn't even start until next year. But, yeah, this won't be monthly.

I love this news. I've been thoroughly enjoying McDuffie and Pelletier on FF (best FF team since Waid/Ringo in my opinion), but Millar/Hitch are definitely worthy successors. :rockon:

The first arc if anything will be on time. But this isn't happening until sometime around January/February/March 2008 so we'll see what happens when the time comes.

Latest posts

Back