Fantastic Four #554-569 (Millar/Hitch) discussion (Spoilers!)

Re: Mark Millar & Bryan Hitch take over Fantastic Four!

I'm interested in Ellis' ASTONISHING X-Men, but Millar - I thought his ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR was dull. I didn't even finish reading the run. So I've not got much interest in it. I'm sure though, I'll give it a fair read when it comes out.

Huh. I would expect that not everyone would have liked it, but "dull" is probably the last word I'd use to describe it.

And I like the correlation of Ellis's "commercial" attempt with Morrison's on New X-men, and if it's even half as good I'll be thrilled.

And I like the correlation of Ellis's "commercial" attempt with Morrison's on New X-men, and if it's even half as good I'll be thrilled.
*basks in yr warm approving glow*

^___________^

Last edited:

Huh. I would expect that not everyone would have liked it, but "dull" is probably the last word I'd use to describe it.

I think, despite its attempts to the contrary, it was dull. The concepts Millar tried to use to infuse the series with a kind of no holds barred action sci-fi were all, in my opinion, far too 'reigned in'. The zombie story involved superhero zombies which was quite clever, and while it had more spectacle than other zombie movies, it was just a zombie movie with $300 million more CGI effects. Same for President Thor's 'time travel' story line. To me, he went a third of the way to doing something really cool, and the rest of the story was just a cliche. Dressing up the cliches in coloured spandex does give them some kind of appeal of originality, but not enough for three issues, and certainly not enough when repeated 4 times over 12 issues.

So I found it dull. :|

i don't know why but I'd honestly prefer it if McDuffie and Pelletier remained on this book

i don't know why but I'd honestly prefer it if McDuffie and Pelletier remained on this book
I disagree. It is entirely inappropriate for Dwayne McDuffie to be penning Fantastic Four.

Everybody knows Negroes don't know anything about superpowered white Anglo-Saxons from upper society.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In all seriousness - where McDuffie and Pelletier any good?

I disagree. It is entirely inappropriate for Dwayne McDuffie to be penning Fantastic Four.

Everybody knows Negroes don't know anything about superpowered white Anglo-Saxons from upper society.
McDuffie's black?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In all seriousness - where McDuffie and Pelletier any good?
I like what he's doing, aside from DP putting SS in a chokehold it's been pretty good

Wow. I had no idea McDuffie was black.

I guess you do learn something new every day.

Yes. Someone throw McDuffie on a Brother Voodoo mini and get him away from those caucasians!
Black enough to be the driving force behind an entire imprint of super-Negroes.
The worst thing about Super-Negroes?

Not being able to cane them into submission when they look at your beautiful virgin daughter.

Last edited:

FF10001.jpg

I don't know what's going on but I like it.

Those colors are weird...very bright. Hitch's work looks good with darker colors.

I dunno...I'm not feeling it.

Those colors are weird...very bright. Hitch's work looks good with darker colors.

I dunno...I'm not feeling it.
You should switch to Charmin. I hear they got a new brand that's better and softer.
It's a family vacation in a Danger room type thing

Obviously
With these guys, I wouldn't be surprised if they're actually in the past.

They've travelled back in time and had to do something. It won't be revealed. Imagine a DOCTOR WHO episode where it opens with him running away from Native Americans in a dress going, "This didn't happen the last time I was here!"

It's one of those type of gags where you fill it in yourself. I'm certain they're properly in the 1800s.

Just the opening to an issue.

Last edited:

is everyone just ignoring ben wearing a dress? :?

Latest posts

Back