Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman (#570-611) (spoilers)

Re: Fantastic Four #571+ (Hickman/Eaglesham) Spoilers.

They're super-heroes, they wear super-hero costumes, not real clothes.

Those outfits don't look nearly as appealing as the originals.

Next you'll be tell us to get off your lawn

Muscley Reed sucks

I always thought McNiven had depicted Reed perfectly in Civil War, seemed to have the body of an inshape 40 year old

also I don't think Reed should be able to grow facial hair
I agree.

Also, Reed's facial hair has happened several times under several writers, so it is an unfortunate piece of 616 canon for him to be able to have facial hair.

Really? Cause I love it when he adds steam lines to costumes, it gives the a lot more weight and makes it seem more like clothing rather than some fictional kind of tights
Gotta agree. Sorry, Joe.

While we're talking about the art though, was any member of the Fantastic Four named in the Mitchell Report? Cause Reed looks like he about to get plastered all over Sportscenter for juicing a la A-Rod.

Gotta agree. Sorry, Joe.

While we're talking about the art though, was any member of the Fantastic Four named in the Mitchell Report? Cause Reed looks like he about to get plastered all over Sportscenter for juicing a la A-Rod.
Reed Richards: I'm not talking about that.

Urich: Why not?

Reed Richards: You'll have to talk to my union.

Urich: Uh...what union would that be? The government?

Reed Richards: I have nothing further to say.

Urich: You didn't say anything at all!!

Reed Richards: Thank you for your time.

Urich: Dick...

Last edited:

Reed Richards: I'm not talking about that.

Urich: Why not?

Reed Richards: You'll have to talk to my union.

Urich: Uh...what union would that be? The government?

Reed Richards: I have nothing further to say.

Urich: You didn't say anything at all!!

Reed Richards: Thank you for your time.

Urich: Dick...
:D

I wonder if Reed was mentioned in Jose Conseco's book too.

I read the first issue of that FF: Dark Reign thing Hickman wrote... and it was extremely mediocre. I hope this is a lot better.

I read the first issue of that FF: Dark Reign thing Hickman wrote... and it was extremely mediocre. I hope this is a lot better.

I'm still holding reservations on his Dark Reign book.

Reed finally saying enough is enough and using his brain to fix "everything"? Sounds intrigiung.

Fantastic Fours new quota

1) Fix everything

2) get lost in the multiverse

3) fix **** in other whacked out universes

4) go to new universe

5) see step three

6) come back to earth for lame cross-over

7) get new creative team and "crazy" new direction

8) book unsatisfying

9) new lame crossover

10) Grant Morrison returns to Marvel to write the book

steps 1-5, and 10 should be fun

Last edited by a moderator:

So today #570 came out. It was a great issue. Hickman & Eaglesham were superb and I can see I'm going to enjoy the ride with them.

I enjoyed it except for Eaglesham's buff action hero Reed. It makes sense Reed would want to be both mentally and physically strong, but it just looks too... off.

I'm not sure about the Council of alternate Reeds and the Infinity Gems but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Stan Lee and Jack Kirby are credited for The Final Solution in the credits page, which is random and creepy.

http://twitpic.com/fmi96/full

Last edited:
Re: Fantastic Four #570+ (Hickman/Eaglesham) Spoilers.

Well, I did read somewhere that they started the holocaust.

Apparently Brevoort said this issue was akin to New X-Men #116, the conclusion to the "E for Extinction" arc. Really? I guess we'll have to see where it goes but it certainly didn't have the impact that New X-Men had. Or anything. :?

I just read #570 and #571. Very Fantastic Four. Some of it is interesting, but the sudden attack by the Celestials leaves me not caring so much.

Also, Millar's run just ended with an army of parallel Reeds. Is there any chance we can call a moritorium on parallels? Yes they're being used here in a much better way, but it's still dozens of Reeds, and Reed talking to himself isn't as interesting as Thing and Johnny arguing about women.

I just read #570 and #571. Very Fantastic Four. Some of it is interesting, but the sudden attack by the Celestials leaves me not caring so much.

Also, Millar's run just ended with an army of parallel Reeds. Is there any chance we can call a moritorium on parallels? Yes they're being used here in a much better way, but it's still dozens of Reeds, and Reed talking to himself isn't as interesting as Thing and Johnny arguing about women.

Umm you might want to ignore my post in the other FF thread, or not. I don't know, I'm drunkish.

Just read #571...I don't like muscle-y Reed at all. It looks ridiculous.

Also...not a big fan of the trade dress. It's too 70s. Blech.

That said, the story is pretty good. The concept of a think tank/action committee of alternate reality Reeds fixing the multiverse's problems is interesting at least.

I don't particularly care for him saying things like "Cool" though. :roll:

Latest posts

Back