Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman (#570-611) (spoilers)

Re: Fantastic Four #570+ (Hickman/Eaglesham) Spoilers.

The Franklin's birthday issue? It happened at the very end.

EDIT: I just checked, it's issue 574 that I read.

I can't seem to find 574. I'll keep looking.

Most likely a "break" issue for him.

Looks like it.

I like his work on the book. His Reed Richards is so wrong - way too muscle-y - but his style is so retro and fits perfectly on this book. I wasn't sure about him at first but I liked what he did on Justice Society, and that, combined with the change in trade dress, is just perfect on this book. It's like I'm reading 1970s Fantastic Four except the stories are good.

Looks like it.

I like his work on the book. His Reed Richards is so wrong - way too muscle-y - but his style is so retro and fits perfectly on this book. I wasn't sure about him at first but I liked what he did on Justice Society, and that, combined with the change in trade dress, is just perfect on this book. It's like I'm reading 1970s Fantastic Four except the stories are good.

That's been my only complaint, too, with Eaglesham drawing Reed. Other than that, he's been top notch.

That's been my only complaint, too, with Eaglesham drawing Reed. Other than that, he's been top notch.

I kind of like it though. He's not the first person to do this - far from it - and it kind of helps with the retro feel of his work.

That probably sounds weird, but I totally dig how he's drawing Reed COMPLETELY wrong.

"TELL ME, WHO SPEAKS FOR MAN?"" (FF #576 teaser)

FF576007_02.jpg

Last edited:

Hickman might be the first person to make me like the mainstream Fantastic Four. I think he will live up to his hype.

Hickman might be the first person to make me like the mainstream Fantastic Four. I think he will live up to his hype.

I think when everyone was comparing him to Alan Moore it must have been after they read his plot summaries for this and Secret Warriors. They sound epic.

Secret Warriors is even better. Hickman should have wrote Secret Invasion.

Hickman and Fraction are the best thing to happen to Marvel in years...

The Franklin birthday issue was perfect.

Hickman and Fraction are the best thing to happen to Marvel in years...

The Franklin birthday issue was perfect.

Agreed. I adored the Franklin birthday. I actually strained my eyes and read the tiny text when Future Franklin put Present Franklin to sleep. I love these self-contained stories. And Spidey hiding on Ben Grimm's back was priceless.

I'm also loving the letter page. Top comic.

"That's OK, Mr. Head. If you need to, you can stay here with us."

I LOVE how Franklin and Val are being used in this book.

I think it's a nice touch how Hickman is willing to use the letter page to answer criticisms about his work every once in a while.

It's nice to see the writer actually do the letter page at all

usually if you actually get a letter page it's either an editor or a temp pretending to be the title character

This might be my favourite Marvel comic.

Mr. Fantastic should be named Dr. Fantastic. It's a better name.

That's all. Carry on.

Latest posts

Back