Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman (#570-611) (spoilers)

Re: Fantastic Four #570+ (Hickman/Eaglesham) Spoilers.

Which one did you read? Daredevil, Spider-Man, Punisher, X-Men, Incredible Hulk, or New Avengers?

Last edited:

Which one did you read? Daredevil, Spider-Man, Punisher, X-Men, Incredible Hulk, or New Avengers?

I'm guessing Secret Warriors. ;)

It breaks away from the kids and gets more into Hydra, which is the most interesting Hydra has been like ever and I love the inner circle.

I'm guessing Secret Warriors. ;)

Yup. It was alright, but didn't do much for me.

I think the problem is Norman "Lex Luthor" Osborne sucks. And a series about people trying to take him down will only infuriate me.

Yup. It was alright, but didn't do much for me.

I think the problem is Norman "Lex Luthor" Osborne sucks. And a series about people trying to take him down will only infuriate me.

He only in the 2nd arc for the most part. He is a small part of the overall story.

Norman "Lex Luthor" Osborne

Huh. Never realized this.

Also, and I say this beings someone who doesn't read a ton of stories featuring Lex Luthor, it seems to be 90s Lex Luthor, which has to be the worst Lex Luthor ever.

I honestly think Lex is overrated because he is the only consistently good Superman villain. I think pretty much every other Batman villain is better.

The new issue was brilliant. And it helped explain just what the **** happened in S.H.I.E.L.D. #2. I love Jonathan Hickman.

Could someone please explain the plot revelations/synopsis of the latter half of the latest issue? Hickman's run has always been confusing, but I got the sense when I read this issue that I was finally supposed to be understanding what he was telling us. But I still didn't. I got it up until Val started explaining stuff to Sue and Franklin kicked Nathaniel to the 'ground.'

Could someone please explain the plot revelations/synopsis of the latter half of the latest issue? Hickman's run has always been confusing, but I got the sense when I read this issue that I was finally supposed to be understanding what he was telling us. But I still didn't. I got it up until Val started explaining stuff to Sue and Franklin kicked Nathaniel to the 'ground.'

The Thing is pregnant.

Yeah, I'm lost too.

The story is good but would read a lot better as an OGN.

It's an issue that's going to make a lot more sense when Hickman's run is completed. I think we've seen the beginning and the end and now we need the middle.

Future Franklin and Val are at the end of time and have decided to rewrite history so that Reed Richards has a father and fix stuff and in order to do that, they had to die.

Obviously, it will all go pear-shaped.

In this article about the upcoming "3" story arc, Brevoort mentions that Hickman literally has a master plan for everything, even down to another diagram.

I hope they eventually show us that diagram. I bet it's genius.

In this article about the upcoming "3" story arc, Brevoort mentions that Hickman literally has a master plan for everything, even down to another diagram.

I hope they eventually show us that diagram. I bet it's genius.

They're also canceling Fantastic Four in around a yearish.

In PUNISHER MAX: HAPPY ENDING (which sucked) there's an advert for #583 and it's "3" with three members wearing F4 suits with 3s on them, and
Sue Storm
isn't there.

So I'm guessing that's who dies.

I also think that, much like the death of Captain America, which we were told again and again that it 'mattered' and that it would 'stick' yet he came back a year later, or Spidey's unmasking which would be super-important but was quickly retconned, this title will not be FANTASTIC THREE for very long.

I don't mind the idea of killing off a member of the F4, only that it has been done many times before and that gimmicking the hell out of it when it's clearly temporary is kinda annoying. So, I'm uninterested in THREE simply because the whole "kill a team member" has been done to death (ba-dum-dish), and I'm annoyed at the hyping.

But, I seriously think it will be entertaining. I think Hickman will make it a hoot to read.

It's weird; if they just had the event happen in the series without any fanfare or hype or advance warning, it would have a much, much greater impact. The marketing is killing it.

Remember NEW X-MEN? I was reading WIZARD at the time and was so into Marvel, and I remember the absolute moment when I read the issue where
Xorn turns out to be Magneto
. I had no idea that any twist was even coming, let alone that it would be something akin to that. And it was so jaw-droppingly exciting.

I think this THREE event would've been ten times more exhilerating if we didn't know it was coming.

But we do, because they want to preempt the internet backlash, and to try to cash in on it.

*sigh* I wasn't picking up FANTASTIC FOUR because of the events or tie-ins. I was picking it up because it was good and because it was small stories, wonderfully told, divorced from the rest of the editorialised show, and self-sustaining. The hype for THREE just makes me want to switch off.

In other words; I'm complaining about the hype, and not a story I've yet to read.

There are posters with one member absent for all of them, Bass.

You fool.

(The rest of your post is accurate though).

All the marketing always kills it. I hate when they say someone will die or there is a twist. It gives me insane.

In PUNISHER MAX: HAPPY ENDING (which sucked) there's an advert for #583 and it's "3" with three members wearing F4 suits with 3s on them, and
Sue Storm
isn't there.

So I'm guessing that's who dies.

I also think that, much like the death of Captain America, which we were told again and again that it 'mattered' and that it would 'stick' yet he came back a year later, or Spidey's unmasking which would be super-important but was quickly retconned, this title will not be FANTASTIC THREE for very long.

I don't mind the idea of killing off a member of the F4, only that it has been done many times before and that gimmicking the hell out of it when it's clearly temporary is kinda annoying. So, I'm uninterested in THREE simply because the whole "kill a team member" has been done to death (ba-dum-dish), and I'm annoyed at the hyping.

But, I seriously think it will be entertaining. I think Hickman will make it a hoot to read.

It's weird; if they just had the event happen in the series without any fanfare or hype or advance warning, it would have a much, much greater impact. The marketing is killing it.

Remember NEW X-MEN? I was reading WIZARD at the time and was so into Marvel, and I remember the absolute moment when I read the issue where
Xorn turns out to be Magneto
. I had no idea that any twist was even coming, let alone that it would be something akin to that. And it was so jaw-droppingly exciting.

I think this THREE event would've been ten times more exhilerating if we didn't know it was coming.

But we do, because they want to preempt the internet backlash, and to try to cash in on it.

*sigh* I wasn't picking up FANTASTIC FOUR because of the events or tie-ins. I was picking it up because it was good and because it was small stories, wonderfully told, divorced from the rest of the editorialised show, and self-sustaining. The hype for THREE just makes me want to switch off.

In other words; I'm complaining about the hype, and not a story I've yet to read.
That is exactly why you need to stop reading into the hype or not read the hype at all. It's what always kills the interest for people. That's also why I never bother with getting myself mixed with the hype. The important thing is the story and that's all I need to worry about.

Latest posts

Back