Fantastic Four Reboot

Re: Fantasic Four Reboot

Now should Doom be the villain in the first movie or should they save him for a later movie? And if Doom isn't the villain, who should be?

I'm not sure that the Wizard and Trapster can carry an movie, for example.

Here's an interesting question, what can be learned from the mistakes of the first two FF films, so that the reboot does not repeat these mistakes?

Although they did a good job on the Thing costume... It needs to be in CGI. His movement was too slow. The CGI Hulk could have hit him with five different moves before he even got one in.

Ben and Johnny could have had a little more banter going.

Doom could have been a little more menacing.

Mr. Fantastic needs to be more fantastic.

The whole thing needs to be more Fantastic. I'm not sure how well it'd do, but it needs to be exponentially larger than life. Alternate dimensions, intergalactic despots, World Eaters, over the top super science.

The whole thing needs to be more Fantastic. I'm not sure how well it'd do, but it needs to be exponentially larger than life. Alternate dimensions, intergalactic despots, World Eaters, over the top super science.

Agreed.

It shouldn't be a superhero movie, because the FF aren't superheroes.

It should be a spiritual successor to stories like Fantastic Voyage, Lost in Space, Land of the Lost, and everything Jules Verne. It should be an adventure story.

Last edited:

Dr Doom needs to be awesome.

Goat hooves!!!!

Negative zone and Annihilus.

I'd even settle for a mole man first movie.

CGI Thing is a must. That costume sucked.

Agreed.

It shouldn't be a superhero movie, because the FF aren't superheroes.

It should be a spiritual successor to stories like Fantastic Voyage, Lost in Space, Land of the Lost, and everything Jules Verne. It should be an adventure story.

YES. This a thousand times. In the best FF stories their powers are almost incidental.

Is this still happening? If they take too long, the rights will revert back to Marvel.

Which would be a good thing really.

Is this still happening? If they take too long, the rights will revert back to Marvel.

Which would be a good thing really.

As to being a good thing, yes and no. I'd love to see them back at Marvel, but at the same time, with Marvel's focus on the Avengers stuff, it would probably postpone a FF movie by years.

As to being a good thing, yes and no. I'd love to see them back at Marvel, but at the same time, with Marvel's focus on the Avengers stuff, it would probably postpone a FF movie by years.

Good point.

Though after the first Avenegers movie, i think the might give other series a shot. They did mentione plans of doing a Guardians of the Galaxy movie(And hopefully that actually gets off the ground.

The fact that this thread isn't even spelled properly offends me.

Good point.

Though after the first Avenegers movie, i think the might give other series a shot. They did mentione plans of doing a Guardians of the Galaxy movie(And hopefully that actually gets off the ground.
I would approve of a Guardians movie, if it was anything like Marc Sumerak's Guardians for Marvel's Tsunami initiative some years ago.

Good point.

Man... The stuff Giffen and DNA did for Marvel cosmic could make a great blueprint for a space opera franchise. It could be the next Star Wars, really.

Latest posts

Back