Favorite Lines from Comics.

From Astonishing X-Men #6, I believe:

Fury: How do you know your Colossus is the genuine article in the first place?

Emma: I read his mind.

Hank: I matched his DNA.

Wolverine: I smelled him.

Hank: I also did that.

:lol:

Ultimate X-Men #55:

Jean (to Bobby and Kitty): Knock it off! God, I wish you two would just hook up and get it over with already!

:D

You guys have all been using some of the more recent classic quotes so i'll do my best to educate you on some of the better quotes of yesteryears. Keep in mine that they are dated but classic.

{Amazing Spider-Man # 18, when spidey decides to remain being spidey after a peptalk from Aunt May }

Spidey: "Fate gave me some terrific powers, and i realize now that it's my duty to use them... without doubt... without hesitation...!!!...and that means Spider-Man is going into action again! I'll fight as I've never fought before !! Nothing will stop me now ! For I know at last that a man can't change his destiny...and I was born to be... Spider-Man!!!" Classic Stan Lee!

{Silver Surfer # 1, SS contemplates the state of man as usual in classic Stan dialogue}

SS: "In all the galaxies...in all the endless reaches of space...I have found no planet more blessed than this... No world more lavishly endowed with natural beauty...with gentle climate...with every ingredient to create a virtual living paradise! And yet... in their uncontrollable insanity... in their unforgivable blindness.. they seek to destroy this shining jewel...which men call earth!" That isn't all of it, but wow, SS was diffently someone to have an intellecual conversation with.

{Avengers # 6, Captain America gives a whole-hearted speech to Baron Zemo about what it means to be an american]

Cap: "You mocked free men! You boasted of your contempt for liberty!! Feel my grip, Zemo! It's the grip of a free man! Look into my eyes, tyrant! They're the eyes of a man who would die for liberty! The world must never again make the fatal error of mistaking compassion for weakness!! An while I live, it won't!!!" Isn't cap the best?!

Also, look at my sig, the quote wasn't to interesting when she said it, but in hindsight it is quite spectacular.

From She-Hulk # 11 by Dan Slott:

Stu: Ah! Something's tearing down the whole building! We gotta go back in there, Pug!

Pug: Easy, Stu. The Speedsters will get everybody out.

Stu: I'm talking about the long boxes! We've got an entire run of Fantastic Four in there! mint! All the way back to #1!

Pug: Don't worry, they're all bagged. With a vibranium/mylar hybrid.

Stu: Whew! Wait. Vibranium's a metal and mylar's a plastic... You just made that up!

Last edited:
jtg3885 said:
"HULK STRAIGHT!"
Hey, quote something from your memory not off my icon, you lazy person! :p I mean, I had to like bust up my wrists just to type down all the dialogue I've posted here! :p

There's way to many .. ! Prob something from Spider-man ... he is always freakin' funny ! Or Ben Grimm ( Not ultimate )

the perverted spider-man

this is probably another fav thread of mine...and im posting right after the legendary seacow!!!!(awesome).

anyways, heres something that always tickles me upon reading it (yeah i finally got the ultimate spider-man vol 7 tpb)
and this is the scene where jean is reading spideys mind and he is freaked out about it she then precedes to tell him some hilarious stuff.

(..... ) means no dialogue

jean : please, dont be. its not that big a deal...in fact, youre the first guy in six months who hasnt immediately pictured me naked, so i appreciate that...

spidey : .........(has a blank face, indicating he is thinking about her naked)

jean : until now

spidey : sorry

jean : are you done?

spidey .......(grabbing his head out of frustration cause he cant stop thinking
about her naked)
jean : ......(giving spidey an ill look)

spidey : .......(still grabbing his head out of frustration)

jean : .......(raising her eyebrow at spidey)

spidey : .......(raises his head and says) Im done.

Jean: ......(still giving spidey an ill look)

spidey : ......(putting his hands up and says ) okay NOW im done

jean : .....(doesnt believe him, still waiting for him to finish)

the last panel of that has them going on and on until geldoff (villain of the story....sort of) wakes up and spidey can stop fantasizing... this was a laugh out loud moment that made me buy the whole tpb even though i have all issues already...

That was probably one of the only good things about that arc. It would've been better if Geldoff had actually joined all the titles together for a crossover.

ProjectX2 said:
That was probably one of the only good things about that arc. It would've been better if Geldoff had actually joined all the titles together for a crossover.
And Trevor Hairsine would've drawn it. Ick.

And it would've been late. :twisted:

Why would Hairsine have drawn it?

ProjectX2 said:

i thought the part where he was fighting the thugs in the alley was pretty funny too.....it was waaaay too much to type though...

# 40 : average bear is one of the funniest issues of ultimate spider-man in my opinion.....

ProjectX2 said:
Why would Hairsine have drawn it?
Because he drew the consistently late crossover stories Ultimate Six and Ultimate Nightmare and I'm being intentionally mean, inconsiderate and generalizing by blaming him for that. :p

I like to blame artists for missed deadlines, because really, they do all the laborious and time consuming parts of making comics. Some writer once said, "Comic book writers are the guys who wanted to be artists but didn't have the discipline." And hey, I agree.

ourchair said:
Because he drew the consistently late crossover stories Ultimate Six and Ultimate Nightmare and I'm being intentionally mean, inconsiderate and generalizing by blaming him for that. :p

I like to blame artists for missed deadlines, because really, they do all the laborious and time consuming parts of making comics. Some writer once said, "Comic book writers are the guys who wanted to be artists but didn't have the discipline." And hey, I agree.
Ever thought of inkers too? :roll:

Anyways, let's get back on fav. lines.

Spider-Man: Well, if you ever need help (and you know I mean this) Call the X-Men! I have a hot wife at home. I so don't need to be here

Iron Fist:
Does he have a hot wife?

Luke Cage: I thought he was gay.

Iron Fist: So did I.

Luke Cage:
And you wear little yellow booties.

Iron Fist: They were a present.

Luke Cage: From a guy.

Iron Fist: ... I'm leaving.

icemastertron said:
Ever thought of inkers too? :roll:

Anyways, let's get back on fav. lines.
Oh yeah! How inconsiderate of me! I never did perfect this whole unfair apportioning of blame thing. :twisted:

Latest posts

Back