FF: Future Foundation (Hickman/Epting)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
More info tomorrow with the solicits...

FF_01_Teaser_02.jpg

Re: FF: A New Beginning (Hickman/Epting)

Wonder if this is a relaunch or a separate series...?

I hate status quo changes like those that are being alluded to here, but it's Hickman - I'm in.

This must be what Tom Brevoort meant when he said back in July that in a year, there wouldn't be a series entitled FANTASTIC FOUR being published.

How long is it before FF hits its next anniversary issue?

Edit: Looks like about a year from the time this launches. So, we'll probably get about 12 issues before they bring the fourth member back and change the name again with a 600 issue.

Last edited:

This must be what Tom Brevoort meant when he said back in July that in a year, there wouldn't be a series entitled FANTASTIC FOUR being published.

If I'm remembering correctly, they said they were changing it to Fantastic Three.

Wonder if this is a relaunch or a separate series...?

I hate status quo changes like those that are being alluded to here, but it's Hickman - I'm in.

Status quo changes are fine, but when they use them to renumber/relaunch books is when they lose me.

Goodbye Fantastic Four, Hello FF

There is no more Fantastic Four, so just what is the FF? This March, the creative team of Jonathan Hickman and Steve Epting present the over-sized FF #1, introducing the biggest new super hero team of the century! After the death of The Human Torch, the surviving members of the Fantastic Four—Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman and The Thing—join with Spider-Man and some top secret members to form an unstoppable force: The Future Foundation. Their mission is simple: Save the Marvel Universe from its greatest threats and prevent future dangers from arising. But even with knowledge of what's to come and one of the most powerful teams ever assembled, just what villainous force could stand in their way?

"FF will alter the very fabric of the Marvel Universe," explained Tom Brevoort, Senior Vice President of Publishing. "Jonathan and Steve have crafted a unique, powerful new series that's going to surprise a lot of fans with its combination of mind-blowing ideas and visuals."

The perfect jumping on point for new readers, FF #1 begins a battle for the future of the Marvel Universe unlike anything you've ever seen before and no fan can afford to miss it!

FF #1 (JAN110748 )

Character designs by Marko Djurdjevic
Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
Pencils and Cover by STEVE EPTING
Variant Cover by DANIEL ACUNA
Variant Cover by STAN GOLDBERG
Character Variant Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
Fantastic Four 50th Anniversary Variant by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
Blank Cover Also Available
Rated A…$3.99
FOC – 2/28/11, On Sale 3/23/11

detail.jpg

detail.jpg

I'm disappointed. I would've hoped Ben was leaving to be with the Avengers and Franklin and Val would replace him and Johnny, and they function like The Incredibles.

Re: Spider-Man Joins the FF

You know, that's really a Spider-Man suit I can get behind. I can't put my finger on why I like it. I just kind of do.

So how does this work? Spidey gets called in by the FF, takes his old suit off and puts the new one on? Or is he going to use this costume in every book he's in? Is he going to get the Anti-Venom symbiote? Nanobots?

I like E's idea better too. Spidey is in to many teams right now.

Re: Goodbye Fantastic Four, Hello FF

The dumb thing about it is that Spider-Man is, like, the loner-est of loners (or at least was).

Oh well. I trust Hickman - he's been incredible on Fantastic Four.

Of course....this isn't really Fantastic Four.

*grumble grumble*

Here's Daniel Acuna Variant cover.

FF_1_AcunaVariant_02.jpg

White Power!

I may be reading into this too much, but the new symbol emphasizes that there are only three of them (the white hexagon is even different for Ben, Sue, and Reed).

So how does Spidey fit into that? He doesn't even have the symbol.

I may be reading into this too much, but the new symbol emphasizes that there are only three of them (the white hexagon is even different for Ben, Sue, and Reed).

So how does Spidey fit into that? He doesn't even have the symbol.

if you look at it differently, the symbol could represent the expansion of the Fantastic Four into something bigger, with one hexagon becoming two

Spidey's suit is friggin' awesome

Last edited:

Spidey is on two avengers teams, the FF, and does his own stuff. He's the new Wolverine.

Not really and he's been doing it since before wolverine anyway.

Besides, this makes sense considering Spidey's friendship with Johnny.

Latest posts

Back