Fullmetal Alchemist *Spoilers*

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
Does anybody else watch this show on Adult Swim . It is one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. Every week I'm blown away by this show. Tonight episode had me in almost had me in tears and that don't ever really happen. One of the major characters die and I felt it like no other. It is a extremely good show. I recommened to everyone even if your not a fan of anime. Give this show a chance. It's decent starting out but gets more in depth as the series progress. Tonight was the last episode until September. I don't know how I'm going to wait that long.

thee great one said:
Does anybody else watch this show on Adult Swim . It is one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. Every week I'm blown away by this show. Tonight episode had me in almost had me in tears and that don't ever really happen. One of the major characters die and I felt it like no other. It is a extremely good show. I recommened to everyone even if your not a fan of anime. Give this show a chance. It's decent starting out but gets more in depth as the series progress. Tonight was the last episode until September. I don't know how I'm going to wait that long.
I've been watching this series too. I absolutely love it to pieces, and I'm glad I live in a Southeast Asian country where the anime market is huge, because I don't have to depend on Adult Swim, ADV Films or Manga Entertainment to make anime available.

As such, I've never even seen Full Metal Alchemist on TV, but on lovely high quality VCDs with good translations, and I get to pick it up as quickly as they can translate them. I heard the dubbing of the Adult Swim version and I'm kind of put off by it.

I believe I'm on episode 28, but I stopped for awhile and will get back to buying the rest soon. What episode did you stop at TGO? And please look up the episode number, so we don't get into a spoiler conflict. :D

I stopped at episode 26 the one where Hughes confronts the hemroitti (or however you spell that) and gets killed. I felt that pretty bad. The way his daughter was freakin out at the funeral was one of the most emotional things I've ever seen.

thee great one said:
I stopped at episode 26 the one where Hughes confronts the hemroitti (or however you spell that) and gets killed. I felt that pretty bad. The way his daughter was freakin out at the funeral was one of the most emotional things I've ever seen.
Dammit, I said, "no spoilers", just episode number before we continue this discussion but good thing I've seen that ep.

Damnit that was some sad ****. Isn't it homunculi and NOT hermroitti?

Oh sorry. But still the most f'ed up thing I've seen on the show or anywhere for that matter was the episode where that guy turns his daughter Nina in a chimera. And then she gets killed by Scar. I thought that was really disturbing.

thee great one said:
Oh sorry. But still the most f'ed up thing I've seen on the show or anywhere for that matter was the episode where that guy turns his daughter Nina in a chimera. And then she gets killed by Scar. I thought that was really disturbing.
Oh hell yes. My brother hasn't watched all my discs yet, but he did sit through that entire episode. Totally made him cry. Whenever we're on the road I spontaneously turn to him and make a sad little voice and say, "Nina..." and he totally makes sad little kitty boo-boo faces. :D

ourchair said:
Oh hell yes. My brother hasn't watched all my discs yet, but he did sit through that entire episode. Totally made him cry. Whenever we're on the road I spontaneously turn to him and make a sad little voice and say, "Nina..." and he totally makes sad little kitty boo-boo faces. :D

That pretty f'up man. I got chills when Scar first fought the homunculi that was one of the coolest moments. My favorite part of the show so far was when they were all in the 5th lab. I mean the two or three soul-attached guardians(one being the old serial killer from earlier in the series), the return of Nina's dad, the release of the 4th homunculi, Lust, Gluttony, & Envy finally confronting the brothers, & Ed's freak out. It was all so cool. I was shocked when there were two of them in that suit. Do you know how many episodes are in the series?

Hey Ourchair, I been downloading the rest of the episodes off the internet. They are in Japenese but with English subtitles. I've never done that with any of my other animes. So now I'm up to episode 33 I believe. Have you had a chance to pick up more yet? Can I give you a clue to what's coming? I think I'm going to stop with this one cause I think The story would be better if I just watched it in English.

Damn, reading your posts this sounds very confusing. I don't think this is on Adult Swim in NZ right now but I wait in anticipation. I haven't been a fan of much anime for a long time but this one sounds cool.

thee great one said:
Hey Ourchair, I been downloading the rest of the episodes off the internet. They are in Japenese but with English subtitles. I've never done that with any of my other animes. So now I'm up to episode 33 I believe. Have you had a chance to pick up more yet? Can I give you a clue to what's coming? I think I'm going to stop with this one cause I think The story would be better if I just watched it in English.
Nope. Haven't had the time. So much damn work, so much damn comics, so much damn video games. I have too many hobbies.

I much prefer watching FMA in Japanese with the English subtitles. The story doesn't suffer at all in my opinion, and I much prefer the emotive nuances of the Japanese voice actors over the American ones, even if it means the dialogue might lose something in translation.

Besides, I think I've seen enough subtitled anime to get a feel for what's going on between the dialogue AND the translations that I think it's a much better trade off than the trade off of losing the Japanese nuances in order to have the convenience of English voices. But hey, to each their own.

Well the new season has been really incredible. We have found out that there are 7 homuncul now. I had a very that new miltary guy, Archer, I think is one and I was right but I don't think he's with the rest. Ed's fight with Greed was really cool. Greed told him how to kill the rest of them. I wondered who killed Dante? Last episode confirmed what I knew...That Lust was created by Scar's brother. If a homuncul is created from a failed human alchemist test, then does that mean Ed and Al created one from trying to bring thier mom back to life. So far we have

Lust - The beautiful chick with the chest. I believe that she was created when Scar's brother tried to bring his girlfriend back.

Greed - The guy with the sunglasses. Created by Dante for unknown reasons

Gluttony - The short fat one. No clue

Envy - The man with the mop hair that looks like a chick. I think he was created by Ed and Al's dad. If not he has some sort of connection to him.

Wraith - The little boy. Created by Ed's and Al's teacher trying to bring her child back to life.

Sloth - The furor's secretery I think.

Pride - I think this one is Archer if I'm right.

I hope more people start watching this show. It's better than the Ultimates. It's that good.

Last edited:
I just picked up the series on DVD. It's been awhile but I'm really excited to finally finish this series.

It's going to released in 13 volumes here in the states. I think the 6th one came out today. I'm picking it up when I get paid Saturday. I have the first 5. There's also a movie that is sort of a sequel to it. Even though I know stuff about it I wish I didn't

thee great one said:
Wraith - The little boy. Created by Ed's and Al's teacher trying to bring her child back to life.
Yeah, he has Ed's arm and leg, also.
thee great one said:
Sloth - The furor's secretery I think.
Yes, and she's the homuculi that
thee great one said:
Ed and Al created... from trying to bring thier mom back to life.
Early on in the series, Al says that he thinks he hears their mother's voice when she is talking.

Last edited:
thee great one said:
It's going to released in 13 volumes here in the states. I think the 6th one came out today. I'm picking it up when I get paid Saturday. I have the first 5. There's also a movie that is sort of a sequel to it. Even though I know stuff about it I wish I didn't
So there're only three to four episodes per volume?

Well, thanks to East Asian disrespect for copyright laws, the version I picked up carries 7 eps per volume. Meaning there're only seven volume. Meaning it costs a hell of a lot less.

It's actually a high-quality fansub, but that's okay since English dubs aren't high on my list of priority features on anime DVDs.

Episode 36: The Sinner Within Me

Not so sure about the title. Saw the new episode, but I missed the opening few minutes. It was pretty good, advanced the storyline, anyone else catch it?

I did. I was shocked that Hughes and Mustang could of been responible for Winery's parents death. It's good to finally see Scar again. Hopefully we'll see him in action again. I wonder what the secret the homuncul doesn't want Ed and Al to find.

thee great one said:
I did. I was shocked that Hughes and Mustang could of been responible for Winery's parents death.
Yeah, they talked about it earlier in the series, I can't remember if they actually said it was Mustang, though.
thee great one said:
It's good to finally see Scar again. Hopefully we'll see him in action again. I wonder what the secret the homuncul doesn't want Ed and Al to find.
Yeah, I think we'll see what their ploting soon. Did you see the name of the next episode, they barely fit it on the screen.:lol:

Episode 37:The Flame Alchemist, The Bachelor Lieutenant,& The Mystery of Warehouse 13

Well, that title's a doozy. A humor episode is OK, once in a while. This was a good time for one and this episode fit well. However, if the action doesn't return next week, I'll get a little annoyed, not that I think it won't.
So, this episode advanced the Hawkeye and Mustang, provided some humor among the state alchemists, revisited Hughes's family, advanced the Winry's parents plot, and set whatever that thing at the end was in motion. Good episode overall.

Latest posts

Back