Future of the Brotherhood

Goodwill said:
Not necessarily a "serious character" but one that is treated with respect. Who needs to have a mutant ***** around in a title? Make him useful. Deadly, even. I think Millar's approach to the character really made me like him a bit more since he left all that stuff out, but he's got a cloud hanging over his head and it needs to clear up before he's reintroduced.
Has everyone gone and forgotten that Toad in the 616 was only ever playing lackey or something!? He was always the guy who knew what was what. He stole tech from The Stranger for crying out loud! He even stole stuff from Arkon, Arcade AND Magneto. Hell, he eventually became leader of the Brotherhood! How's that for a lackey?
I think Ultimate Toad fills a similar role, but here he's working for everyone and not just himself. And I don't think Toad could be made really deadly because all he has are the powers to jump real high and far, and he has a long tongue that he can fully control. Wow! Though he has taken down Cyclops single-handedly.

And there's a plot point no one has ever picked up on since Millar's run, and yet it was one that I found awesome! Toad was Cyclops' buddy! Since he was always a villain in the 616, and the UU is a chance for new character directions, how about making Toad a good guy X-Man who basically spends all his time dissing all his teammates with that ridiculously funny British accent of his?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Toad didn't even seem like the lackey in the ultimiate universe so far. He seemed like the guy who know what was going on and was more mature than the other members.
Exactly! In Ultimate War #1, it looked like he may have had a little friendship going with Rogue when they were both Brotherhood members. Maybe that could help him on the path to redemption?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nas-T! said:
And there's a plot point no one has ever picked up on since Millar's run, and yet it was one that I found awesome! Toad was Cyclops' buddy!

I forgot about that, that was pretty cool.

Too bad it's never been touched on since then.

Steve GMan said:
I forgot about that, that was pretty cool.

Too bad it's never been touched on since then.
Most definitely. In fact, perhaps it could show us a slightly more "human" side to Cyclops. The one image I always think of when I think of Toad and Cyke as pals is the one from UXM#15 where Cyke is sitting on the stairs in his socks and talking to Toad on his cell! It was so cool and relaxed and didn't seem like Cyclops' style at all. That's an angle I'd like to see explored!

TheManWithoutFear said:
Oh man. Nice catch Nas-T! I would love to see Toad on the X-Team. Not only dissing his teammates but pissing everyone off by always talking down on the human race. It would be great.
That's a cool idea, MWoF. Imagine an X-Man who hates humans. Sounds cool.

Nas-T! said:
Has everyone gone and forgotten that Toad in the 616 was only ever playing lackey or something!? He was always the guy who knew what was what. He stole tech from The Stranger for crying out loud! He even stole stuff from Arkon, Arcade AND Magneto. Hell, he eventually became leader of the Brotherhood! How's that for a lackey?
I think Ultimate Toad fills a similar role, but here he's working for everyone and not just himself. And I don't think Toad could be made really deadly because all he has are the powers to jump real high and far, and he has a long tongue that he can fully control. Wow! Though he has taken down Cyclops single-handedly.

And there's a plot point no one has ever picked up on since Millar's run, and yet it was one that I found awesome! Toad was Cyclops' buddy! Since he was always a villain in the 616, and the UU is a chance for new character directions, how about making Toad a good guy X-Man who basically spends all his time dissing all his teammates with that ridiculously funny British accent of his?

Exactly! In Ultimate War #1, it looked like he may have had a little friendship going with Rogue when they were both Brotherhood members. Maybe that could help him on the path to redemption?

Rogue disrespected him in that same issue, really.

Rogue's character is pretty screwed thanks to Millar, but I won't go much into this... Moral of the story, MwoF you shouldn't take offense. DIrish is just a punk kid, anyway.

icemastertron said:
Didnt actually meant the Trisk, just that S.H.I.E.L.D.'s the one who got 'em.

Promisian was the ape, animal evolutionary. Mags killed him with a lamp, remember? Wasn't an actual memeber of the B-hood, I think. And Juggs wasnt on the team. He skiddadled after Weapon X, appearing again in the Annual.

Juggernaut was still with the Brotherhood in Ultimate War, wasn't he?

So, I reread the ending to Magnetic North and Longshot asks Magneto if he was going to collect the Brotherhood again... Of course, Magneto replied with his famous last line "We're gonna do something new."

Goodwill said:
So, I reread the ending to Magnetic North and Longshot asks Magneto if he was going to collect the Brotherhood again... Of course, Magneto replied with his famous last line "We're gonna do something new."

Maybe hinting at the Ultimate version of the Savage Land Mutate's?

They should be left alone. If Ka-Zar was going to brought in, he'd better be a mutant.

I think Magneto is going to rebuild his mutant nation and work on gaining power politically.

Goodwill said:
They should be left alone. If Ka-Zar was going to brought in, he'd better be a mutant.

I think Magneto is going to rebuild his mutant nation and work on gaining power politically.

Why should he be a mutant? I have my own ideas on him but definitely not mutant. I'll save it for The Ultimization Game.

Ka-Zar needs to be either mutant or human. No transformed mutant anything. I don't like the idea of those kinds of characters making impressions on mutants and the like.

Goodwill said:
Ka-Zar needs to be either mutant or human. No transformed mutant anything. I don't like the idea of those kinds of characters making impressions on mutants and the like.

Why would Ka-Zar need to be included? Just have Magneto experiment on the creatures of the Savage Land and have the final result be the Mutates.

Hyperstorm said:
Why would Ka-Zar need to be included? Just have Magneto experiment on the creatures of the Savage Land and have the final result be the Mutates.

I think Sinister should be responsible for coming up with the mutates... That would be really cool. They could even be Apocalypse's army.

See, I knew Magneto didn't want another Brotherhood. Acoyltes? Perhaps... There are so many ways around things. Anyway, what did it say exactly?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back