G.I. Joe: Rise Of Cobra

Re: G.I. Joez: Rise Of Cobra

It looks nuts, but I'm not yet sure if the good kind.

EDIT: Also, shouldn't we call this thread G.I. Joe/Action Force:Rise of Cobra, so our foreign friends know what were talking about?

Last edited:
i didn't know they're making a live action Team America: World Police.

Aaaand how was that any different than the original GI Joe? Seriously. We're dealing with a property where the bad guy regularly threatened the world with weather dominators and age rays.

Aaaand how was that any different than the original GI Joe? Seriously. We're dealing with a property where the bad guy regularly threatened the world with weather dominators and age rays.

i was kidding. it was just the first thing i thought of when it showed the Eiffel Tower being destroyed in the trailer.

i was kidding. it was just the first thing i thought of when it showed the Eiffel Tower being destroyed in the trailer.

I have to admit, I thought the exact same thing ^_^

I also started singing, "America F*** Yeah!"

Last edited:
I am still on the fence about this.

Part of me has this overwhelming feeling of worry due to the raping of my childhood memories.

But then there's this other part of me that is hyped because this is the same feeling I got the past 2 years with Transformers and Speed Racer, and I can't help but think this'll be ol' fashioned popcorn summer fun like the afore mentioned films.

Ugh.

All I know is that there better be a mention of Cobra Commander and Destro better get a mask at some point.

Now I gotta go watch the Gi Joe movie w/ Falcon, Sgt. Slaughter, and Serpentor.

"Waaaaaaasssssssssssssssss onsssssssssse a maaaaaaaaaaaan!"

All I have to say is they better keep the original origin of Cobra Commander.

He was a used car salesman who got a letter that his brother died in the service. He then decided to take down the US Government.

I don't know much about G.I. Joe but it looks entertaining.

All I have to say is they better keep the original origin of Cobra Commander.

He was a used car salesman who got a letter that his brother died in the service. He then decided to take down the US Government.

He must have been the best salesman ever. I mean look at Cobra's nearly unlimited capital.

I am still on the fence about this.

Part of me has this overwhelming feeling of worry due to the raping of my childhood memories.

But then there's this other part of me that is hyped because this is the same feeling I got the past 2 years with Transformers and Speed Racer, and I can't help but think this'll be ol' fashioned popcorn summer fun like the afore mentioned films.

Ugh.

All I know is that there better be a mention of Cobra Commander and Destro better get a mask at some point.

Now I gotta go watch the Gi Joe movie w/ Falcon, Sgt. Slaughter, and Serpentor.

"Waaaaaaasssssssssssssssss onsssssssssse a maaaaaaaaaaaan!"

I've read that yes, Destro gets his mask in the film. As to Cobra Commander's I'm guessing it's going to have a Vader/Jin-Roh feel to it.

Latest posts

Back