Ghost Rider movie News

Caduceus said:
That depends entirely on what kind of bar he's in. Anyway, before Ice yells, is anyone else only "Ehhhhhh" about this movie? I mean, I suppose it will be interesting but I'm hardly hyped of my brain about it.

Me! I don't know how great this could actually be... I just hope it forces marvel to have GR show up in some comics... like the UU.

Surely we wouldn't see a skull headed demon guy in the UU, he'd have to be re-invented beyond recognition really, and I don't think that's good for the character.

Guijllons said:
Surely we wouldn't see a skull headed demon guy in the UU, he'd have to be re-invented beyond recognition really, and I don't think that's good for the character.

There's no way you can re-invent Ghost Rider without making him a demon... I know it's all about being "real" but I don't see a problem with introducing Ghost Rider like he is.

I personally think they should lay off the supernatural stuff as much as possible. If they could do it convincingly without watering down the universe, then I'm all for it. I just feel that, because of the rules that exist within the UU, he won't be done justice to.

I mean, he's a a flaming skull headed demon on a bike, that's all he should ever be really. Unless someone else can think of a way to make him realistic without compromising the character. And I only say that for the sake of the fans, if it was up to me I'd do something radical with him.

TheManWithoutFear said:
There's no way you can re-invent Ghost Rider without making him a demon... I know it's all about being "real" but I don't see a problem with introducing Ghost Rider like he is.

If Millar can do it with Thor, I think it could be done with GH.

TheManWithoutFear said:
What did he do with Thor? Thor's still a God...

Excusing the fact that we have no idea Thor's status right now...

What I meant is that Millar was able to very sucessfully make us question what the deal is with him.

Although, Ghost rider has a pretty well defined look. And it would be a lot harder to pull off that level of ambiguity. Perhaps if he only existed in rumour for such a long time that people simply thought he was a myth, then bringing him in would be far less painless as the character has already being introduced. Explaining a myth is possibly easier than explaining a reality.

Guijllons said:
Although, Ghost rider has a pretty well defined look. And it would be a lot harder to pull off that level of ambiguity. Perhaps if he only existed in rumour for such a long time that people simply thought he was a myth, then bringing him in would be far less painless as the character has already being introduced. Explaining a myth is possibly easier than explaining a reality.

I like that a lot. Good thought. :twisted:

Ghost Rider partly digital.

[IMGL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/icycleman/GR.bmp[/IMGL]As SHH! has posted, Ghost Rider will be shot partly digital.

"Digital Pictures Melbourne has taken delivery of two Sony SRW-5000 HDCAM-SR VTR decks as part of the company's move to use digital technology in the creative processes of feature film production.

The first project to benefit from the investment is the feature film Ghost Rider, the adaptation of the Marvel comic book series.

The move reinforces HDCAM-SR as a high quality mastering format, suitable for digital cinema production, broadcast and distribution.

"The movie is being shot on 35mm film at Central City Studios and some plates are being captured using a Sony HDC-950 camera," said John Fleming, General Manager, Digital Pictures Melbourne.

"We will be processing the film here and using our Sony VIALTA telecine and da Vinci 2K grading system to transfer daily best light rushes to the HD SR format in 4:4:4. Dailies will also be transferred to Sony/Columbia Pictures' Digital Media Technology Centre in Los Angles using a high speed internet link and a Digital Fountain data accelerator.'"

To read the rest, click on the link.

You know, that stuff ain't cheap. And they're making an effort too.
Hmm, this could be worth it.

Or be another hellboy.

(crap, must not mention hellboy)

hellcycleexclusivesmall.jpg

The Hellcycle

DIrishB said:
I like it.

Yeah...I think it looks great.

Maybe it seems lame because it's just the bike and without GR?

UltimateE said:
Yeah...I think it looks great.

Maybe it seems lame because it's just the bike and without GR?
Maybe it will look cooler on film. Dunno. Just seems lame to me now.

Caduceus said:
Maybe it will look cooler on film. Dunno. Just seems lame to me now.

It does look kind of plain, but I'm thinking in terms of the comic book version; it was a little bulkier. I still like it though.

Latest posts

Back