Ghost Rider movie News

UltimateE said:
It does look kind of plain, but I'm thinking in terms of the comic book version; it was a little bulkier. I still like it though.
Yeah, the comic book version has a really big triangular shape on the front that makes it look even more hardcore. But I think this bike still looks kinda cool even if its missing that front piece. At least they got the hellish attitude and the mix of flames with dark metal look right.

From SHH!:

" 'MB' sent in the following articles talking about the Ghost Rider filming:

I picked up two newspapers yesterday and found Ghost Rider articles in both of them. The first attached image is from yesterday's edition of the MX whilst the second attachment is from yesterday edition of the Herald Sun, which is much cooler.

Have a look at the stunt-double for Nicolas Cage in full Ghost Rider outfit. Wow!

I happened to be at the Collins Street shoot last night and the costume as changed slightly, ie, he wore black lether gloves last night. But still have a look at the attachments. I thought you might be interested."

And pictures:

ghostarticle.jpg

ghostarticlepart2.jpg

icemastertron said:
Here's an official picture, if anyone cares.....

GohstRiderofficialPick.jpg
Hey, he actually looks pretty cool with that campy oh-so-serious stare. I was kinda expecting the hair to be more long and unkempt, but this is fine, if a bit more modern than I'd like.

"Upcoming Ghost Rider Shooting Location"

From SHH:

"I got a scoop for all you Ghost Rider fans. I received a letter from my boss today from Vengeance Productions stating that on May 2nd, Monday they are going to be filming scenes at night on Lt Collins St from Exhibition St to Swanston Walk.

Filming is expected to take place 8pm to 5am. There will be 12 action vehicles parked in various positions on Lt Collins involved in a small pyrotechnic effect of car window shattering and also involving a motorcycle traveling at speed (Ghost Rider's Hell Cycle)."

More set pictures.....

Update from SHH!:

"Ghost Rider is still filming 2nd Unit at AXA Plaza on Collins Street in Melbourne CBD. I went down last night to observe and they were filming an exterior action sequence outside the AXA building which has been dressed as the 'Longhorn Insurance Company'. The ghost-rider motor cycle was parked at the base of the building and wheels set alight. The action double had the special helmet with yellow lights attached (I assume these are reference markers to allow compositing the fire effects in post-production)and was approaching the police who reacted and ducked in response. Earlier in the evening the swat team and police were filmed firing their weapons, which was quite loud. Security stated that most sequences involving gunfights have to be filmed after midnight.

Note: The film has reverted to the original acronym for SWAT which is
Special Weapons Attack Team. This has recently been changed to Special
Weapons And Tactics for a more PC climate."

As for the set pictures:

graxaset1.jpg

graxaset2.jpg

graxaset3.jpg

graxaset4.jpg

graxaset5.jpg

graxaset6.jpg

Baxter said:
....Doesn't S.W.A.T. mean special weapons and tactical?
Currently, SWAT stands for Special Weapons and TACTICS (rather than tactical) but it was once Special Weapons Attack Tactics when the LAPD first started the concept. As the SHH! article notes, the term "attack" was later dropped due to political correctness.

I played too much old-school Police Quest.

That's cool! If nothing else at least this will *look* good.

From comicbookresources.com's comic wrap of the day:

"Sci Fi Wire caught up with director Mark Steven Johnson, who talked about taking the original David Goyer script and making it more like the comics. "It's one of those things that there is no right or wrong to it," Johnson said. "He just chose a different story, and I really liked it. It just isn't the story that I was going to tell. So they're really completely different screenplays. I really like David's writing a lot, though. [I'm a] big fan of him. The fact that the devil made a deal with Johnny and gave him all these powers, and Johnny took those powers to go fight the devil, never quite added up. And so everybody over the years kept trying to solve that and change that. So it's kind of actually a faulty concept in a weird way. So that was odd. That's something that took me many, many months to finally crack it. And once I came up with the idea of the devil's bounty hunter, that there's rules in heaven and hell on Earth, [it made sense]. The idea is that Mephistopheles has to find the best rider in the world to become his Ghost Rider, that made sense to me. He has to give him this power, because he works for him. Then I got it. Then everything from there flowed. But at first it was tough."

They also caught up with Nicolas Cage, who said he was fine with the effects work on the Marvel adaptation. "I've always enjoyed working with effects," Cage said. "To me, it's just stimulating to be around it, to participate. ... After the production is finished shooting here, I want to go to where they're working on the effects and say hello and see what they're doing with all the painting and how they're going to make the fire work, because fire is, you probably know, the most difficult of all the digital effects to pull off. We've managed to really put a great deal of humor [in it]. That came naturally to me. I think that heavy material is inherently -- I know this is going to sound strange -- but it can lend itself very easily to humor. Because I think people, when they're in heavy occupations, you look at paramedics or cops, they have the blackest humor. But it's a way of coping with the situation."

icemastertron said:
I think that heavy material is inherently -- I know this is going to sound strange -- but it can lend itself very easily to humor. Because I think people, when they're in heavy occupations, you look at paramedics or cops, they have the blackest humor. But it's a way of coping with the situation." [/I]
Truer words have never been spoken from the star of Martin Scorsese's Bringing Out the Dead

Comicbookresources.com reports:

"According to Moviehole, "Nicolas Cage has just wrapped 'Ghost Rider' here in Melbourne and has returned home to la la land."

Latest posts

Back