Ghostbusters: The Game!

They're different stories? Are they completely different games as well?

And how do you know its better without having played either?

because they said ps3 and 360 have the full story while ps2 and wii have a shortened down version of the story. Which is cool I wanted the Wii version at point till I saw ps3 and 360 version has the multiplayer as well so I'll get ps3 version.

Out of the two versions you mentioned it's up to you which.

Wii = Shorter story , cartoony graphics (which look cool) multiplayer and motion controls

360 = No motion controls, Full story , realistic graphics and multiplayer

It's personal choice I wasn't trying to discourage either choice it's up to you.

I heard this got cancelled

activision bought the company that was producing it, and they decided not to retain the rights to this or something, it may be sold to another company though

I heard this got cancelled

activision bought the company that was producing it, and they decided not to retain the rights to this or something, it may be sold to another company though

Amidst fear that Ghostbusters, Brutal Legend and many other Sierra-published titles are on the chopping block following the merger of parent company Vivendi Games and Activision, Sierra has assured fans that Ghostbusters is not in danger.

"It is not cancelled and will not be cancelled," a Sierra representative informed Destructoid, without elaborating on the details. Developed by Terminal Reality and Red Fly Studio, the game was slated to hit PC, PS2, PS3, 360, Wii and DS this fall.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53905

Yeah I was worried about it for a bit as well but they are looking for a new publisher. Worst comes to worst it could be 2009 when it comes out.

no worst comes to worst, and this will become the piece of Vaporware that haunts you for the rest of your days.

z0mG! I have both in my house as well.

You probably have a Commordore 64 and an Atari 2600 in your house as well. Nurd. :roll:

;)

I love you, Ice. You're like my Message Board Probation Officer, but with a much better sense of humor than the real ones I've had.

because they said ps3 and 360 have the full story while ps2 and wii have a shortened down version of the story. Which is cool I wanted the Wii version at point till I saw ps3 and 360 version has the multiplayer as well so I'll get ps3 version.

Out of the two versions you mentioned it's up to you which.

Wii = Shorter story , cartoony graphics (which look cool) multiplayer and motion controls

360 = No motion controls, Full story , realistic graphics and multiplayer

It's personal choice I wasn't trying to discourage either choice it's up to you.

Interesting. Maybe I'll rent the Wii version, and buy the 360 version. The motion control thing will probably wear thin after awhile, especially in comparison to getting the FULL, COMPLETE game on the 360.

...Though a Special Edition version down the road for the Wii (with PS3/360 game versions with the Wii control scheme) would be the ultimate version. :twisted:

...Though a Special Edition version down the road for the Wii (with PS3/360 game versions with the Wii control scheme) would be the ultimate version. :twisted:

If it came with proton pack attachment for wii-mote I would buy a will again just for that :lol:

If it came with proton pack attachment for wii-mote I would buy a will again just for that :lol:

Gameplay wise, an actual Proton pack would be useless. The gun/handle thing makes sense, but to wear a plastic backpack appendage to connect your Wii mote to for hours of gameplay wouldn't be fun. It would only lead to back and neck-aches, without doing anything for the product it would theoretically supplement. N00b.

However, a full sized, fully driveable Ecto-1 to cruise around the streets in, otherwise completely unrelated to the game, would make SO much more sense, and be infinitely cooler. Other than the Batmobile and the Time Traveling DeLorean, thats my #3 pick for cars I most want to drive. I guess it could come with a charger in the back for the Wii-mote, so it has some connection to the game.

;)

Gameplay wise, an actual Proton pack would be useless. The gun/handle thing makes sense, but to wear a plastic backpack appendage to connect your Wii mote to for hours of gameplay wouldn't be fun. It would only lead to back and neck-aches, without doing anything for the product it would theoretically supplement. N00b.

However, a full sized, fully driveable Ecto-1 to cruise around the streets in, otherwise completely unrelated to the game, would make SO much more sense, and be infinitely cooler. Other than the Batmobile and the Time Traveling DeLorean, thats my #3 pick for cars I most want to drive. I guess it could come with a charger in the back for the Wii-mote, so it has some connection to the game.

;)

Wii would like you to breathalyze!

Seriously. It's the law.

Last edited:

Funny thing is when I had my wii I had been working out a planning a way to make my own. It involved the following

- Wii mote + chuck

- Ghostbusters proton pack toy most likely real ghostbusters

- Ghostbusters trap again most likely real ghostbusters

- Wii Zapper

- Wireless chuck add on.

The idea been remove the main gun bit of proton pack and replace with Wiizapper. Replace trap control with wireless chuck. It would be as light maybe a bit heavier than the guitar hero guitar and of course painting it all white so it looks official.

But since I do not have wii anymore I'm not.

;)

It would be very cool.

Funny thing is when I had my wii I had been working out a planning a way to make my own. It involved the following

- Wii mote + chuck

- Wii Zapper

- Wireless chuck add on.

The idea been remove the main gun bit of proton pack and replace with Wiizapper. Replace trap control with wireless chuck. It would be as light maybe a bit heavier than the guitar hero guitar and of course painting it all white so it looks official.

But since I do not have wii anymore I'm not.

:shock:

How did you ever lose your virginity?

Last edited by a moderator:

- Wii mote + chuck

- Wii Zapper

- Wireless chuck add on.

It would be very cool.

Do you dress up in red leather when you play Devil May Cry?

DIrishB said:
Eh...crude and forced, at best?

Exactly like all my jokes!

I recommend you begin coding your DNA so I can compare mine against it, just to verify we're not twins after all...or even the same being!

We don't need the DNA test. I have a beard, which makes me an evil twin.

Latest posts

Back