Ghostbusters: The Game!

:shock:

How did you ever lose your virginity?

[Translation] Wow, That's actually a cool Idea. Damn you mole for coming up with it first[/translation]

Do you dress up in red leather when you play Devil May Cry?

No, I don't play Devil May Cry games any more. But I do wear red leather ***-less chaps for special occasions like for example a day of the week that ends with the letter "y"

Last edited:
Ghostbusters Will be Published
Developer assures grieving fans.
by Martin Robinson, IGN UK

UK, August 7, 2008 - Fret not those who shed a tear upon the news that Activision was unceremoniously dumping the promising looking Ghostbusters, as the game's developers have reiterated that the game will be published.

Activision dropped several high profile games late last month as a part of its acquisition of Sierra, the most high profile of which was certainly Ghostbusters: The Video Game, a title that carries directly on from the last film and is being penned by the original cast members. With such cache in the Ghostbusters' licence, it's seemed fairly certain that the game would be picked up, and Variety recently reported that the game could 'potentially' be released to coincide with the 25th anniversary of the original film's release next year.

Further confirmation that the game will indeed see the light of day came from Mark Randel of the games developer's Terminal Reality, who told videogaming247 that, "Ghostbusters will be published", before giving the ambiguous caveat, "That's all I can say at the moment".

Good news

We know, he's not your usual source for hot gaming news, but Dan Aykroyd's got a trusting face. That and he's, you know, closely involved in this whole Ghostbusters thing. Speaking with Dallas radio station 105.3 KLLI this morning, the Ghostbusters star said that the currently in-limbo game has been picked up by Atari, and is about "a year away" from being released. Now, he could just be reading Kotaku, since we said the same thing last month, but we'd like to think he doesn't, and instead heard this somewhere else. Aykroyd's too classy to hang around here commenting about Shenmue and ****ty Wii games.

From http://kotaku.com/5063454/dan-ackroyd-ghostbusters-picked-up-by-atari-still-a-year-away

Atari have picked it up! but bad news on how long. A year! :( I want it now!

New trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43329.html

Holy **** :shock: this trailer is awesome.

Agreed. It gave me a ghost-busting boner. And I mean that on every level of bad taste.

I know some people will complain that it didn't feature game-play video, but I'm glad we got a taste of the cinematics. The visuals are amazing, the character models are SPOT-****ing-ON, and the scenes seem like they could have been lifted from a third Ghostbuster movie (which in a way, this game is anyway).

Very much looking forward to this...by the way, any major differences between the console versions? Besides, of course, the way cooler Wii controls for this game.

Agreed. It gave me a ghost-busting boner. And I mean that on every level of bad taste.

I know some people will complain that it didn't feature game-play video, but I'm glad we got a taste of the cinematics. The visuals are amazing, the character models are SPOT-****ing-ON, and the scenes seem like they could have been lifted from a third Ghostbuster movie (which in a way, this game is anyway).

Very much looking forward to this...by the way, any major differences between the console versions? Besides, of course, the way cooler Wii controls for this game.

Differences =

360/ps3 = those graphics and a much bigger and better story
wii = wii controls , cartoony graphics and watered down story
ps2 = same as wii with out controls

New trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43329.html

Holy **** :shock: this trailer is awesome.

Can't wait...

Totally agree with you on all points...

Btw I'm glad it wasn't in-game footage. Here is why. We have seen in game music in the last set of trailers when it was with the others. Now we see the cutscenes and not only does a) re-hype you up but b) it'll appear to any fan who hadn't seen old trailers as it's done like movie. What a better way to show the games are like the movies than treat the trailer like a trailer to a movie?

There's ectoplasm all over my pants.

The only problem I had with all the cinematics was that while the designs are all flawless; their movements are completely blank and quite uninteresting.

I'm fine without gameplay. The last two or three trailers were all gameplay. This showcased the actors and the story.

This, right now, is my most anticipated game next year. And with games like RE5, Punch-Out!!, and Street Fighter IV, that's saying a lot.

This, right now, is my most anticipated game next year. And with games like RE5, Punch-Out!!, and Street Fighter IV, that's saying a lot.

For me it's tied with DC Universe. But still like you said with a lot of already known big known games that says something.

Differences =

360/ps3 = those graphics and a much bigger and better story
wii = wii controls , cartoony graphics and watered down story
ps2 = same as wii with out controls

Cool, thanks. I'll definitely get the 360 version, but I might also buy the Wii version just for the control scheme.

Damn you for being so ****ing awesome Nintendo!

There's ectoplasm all over my pants.

Touche...in the tooshie. ;)

The only problem I had with all the cinematics was that while the designs are all flawless; their movements are completely blank and quite uninteresting.

Um...really, I wouldn't call any of the Ghostbusters cast particularly expressive or interesting in the two movies either. Its the storyline of them thats the most fun.

However, it was immediately noticeable that the game looked better. Since Terminal Reality began showing off Ghostbusters, there have been some aliasing issues with the proton pack and new recruit's head -- oftentimes it looks shimmery like a mosaic. Today, things looked markedly smoother and more realistic. Now, this level makes use of the PKE Meter quite a bit, so when I whipped it out and the game dropped into first-person mode, I was surprised to find an overhauled point of view. Gone is the clear-goggle setup that basically spotted spectral trails out of thin air; in its place is a binocular-looking setup with a green tint and crosshairs in the middle. Now, these aren't just cosmetic changes. In the past, you've been scanning ghosts with the PKE Meter as they appear so that you can have detailed profiles in your copy of Tobin's Spirit Guide via the in-game menu. These new goggles still put an emphasis on scanning creatures, but once you've completed a scan, that information -- the ghost's method of attack, if it needs to be trapped or destroyed, and so on -- will pop up as text on the right side of your goggle screen.

More here :

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/952/952388p1.html

New blog update

Proving It
Now, and to be completely candid about this, as a game developer Terminal Reality had something to prove. At that time our most recent titles, Aeon Flux and Spy Hunter, each featured some great elements but neither of them exactly set the world on fire.

We had recently undergone extensive management changes and company reorganization. We firmly decided that we no longer want to be known as a developer that ships decent games on time, but instead one that focuses solely on top-quality entertainment. This had been the central message of our 'reboot' publisher tour in LA.

Authenticity
There's really only been one goal for this game from the very beginning: create and present a 100% authentic Ghostbusters gameplay experience. That meant the perfect Ghostbusters game would have mainstream appeal, would be action-packed, and would need to masterfully blend elements of fun and funny and scary, just like the original movie had done.

"Fun, Funny, Scary," in fact, became our mantra. Anything that didn't fit those criteria had to go.

We knew from the outset that lot of people would automatically assume this game was nothing but another licensed cash-in gimmick. This happens a lot, and that's mostly a result of the fact that good movies are usually made much faster than good games can be, and tie-ins pretty much have to be released within two weeks of each other.

A tie-in rip-off is the exact opposite of anyone's intent for Ghostbusters. We seized on the idea to embrace the property's icons, and present them in new, fresh perspectives, as a way to convince the player that we're on the up and up.

More here http://blogs.ign.com/Atari_Ghostbusters/2009/02/19/113093/

A good read and gets my hyped even more for this.

Latest posts

Back