Gotham Knights is part of the Gothamverse - Theory

Pro Bot

20230211_000253.jpg
Gotham Knights is an upcoming television series set in the wake of Bruce Wayne's death. It tells the story of Turner Hayes, Bruce's adopted son who has been framed for his murder.

What does this have to do with Gotham? Danny Cannon is directing the pilot, for one. He is a major creative force in the Gothamverse, consisting of Gotham and Pennyworth. Two of the writers for the show, Chad Fiveash and James Patrick Stoteraux, were the co-executive producers of Gotham S5.

While all three writers worked heavily on Batwoman as well, this show is said to not be a spin-off of that series, so for the sake of argument I'm going to discount that at the moment. One thing I will note is that Renee Montoya from Gotham did return on Batwoman, so they aren't opposed to bringing elements of Gotham onto their Batman shows.

As for how the show connects?
20230211_142234.jpg
Gotham Knights, despite filming in a different location to Gotham, uses the same city skylines. Regardless of what reason they did this, it was no mistake. Additionally, they added two buildings that weren't seen in the Gotham skylines. Wayne Tower and a tall glass building that seems to be the same size if not taller. In the Gotham finale, Barbara Kean had a tall glass building under construction that she said would be taller than Wayne Tower in three months. They also removed a building in the far right possibly to keep continuity that Barbara's building is the tallest. The only other show to reuse skylines from Gotham is Pennyworth, which is set in the same universe. The blimps in the sky are reminiscent of Pennyworth.

20230211_142317.jpg
Wayne Manor in Gotham Knights has the same fictional address it does in the Gotham series. This fictional address is taken from Batman: The Animated Series and is a reference to the episode "The Demon's Quest". If it is the same continuity, Gotham Knights' version would be the rebuilt Wayne Manor after Jeremiah destroyed it during No Man's Land. While Alfred obtained the original blueprints to rebuild it, it can be assumed that it was changed or expanded upon.

20230214_172624.jpg
To support that idea, the gate to Wayne Manor is identical to the version seen in Gotham.

20230211_142459.jpg
20230210_235535.jpg
The GCPD logo in Gotham Knights appears to be an amalgamation of the Gothamverse and Nolanverse logos, leaning closer to the Gotham design.

20230211_180021.jpg
Here's an exciting prospect. There is a man at Bruce Wayne's funeral who seems to resemble Sean Pertwee's Alfred. The hair, the nose, the ears, everything is pretty similar, at least from this angle. It's possible that it is a funeral pastor or priest, because he is carrying a cross necklace. However, Alfred is a Catholic in the comics, and pastors/priests usually carry a model cross or the bible rather than a necklace. Based on the fact that the writers previously brought back Renee Montoya for Batwoman, it wouldn't be totally surprising if they did decide to bring back other actors from the Gotham TV series to reprise their roles. This is speculation however.

20230209_125552.jpg
Naturally, this theory would make Harvey Dent in Gotham Knights a continuation of the version seen in Gotham S1-2. Nicholas D'Agosto aged into Misha Collins over the past 30 years between the shows. A teaser for Gotham Knights tells us that Harvey's age during the series is 56. Misha Collins is 48 for reference. This would make Harvey in his 20s during Gotham. One issue that presents itself, however, is that the Pennyworth tie-in comic references Two-Face while Bruce is alive. My theory is that, after the Gotham Finale, Harvey Dent is scarred and becomes Two-Face. Alfred recounts a Two-Face in the Pennyworth comic book. Prior to Gotham Knights, Harvey Dent uses prosthetics or surgery to cover it up and represses his mental illness. Maybe people knew Harvey was Two-Face, maybe they didn't. Regardless, Harvey continues his job as District Attorney. We're likely to see him relapse in Gotham Knights.

Of course, we know the Court of Owls is involved in the series, and we know they were "destroyed" in Gotham S3. However, all it would take is the next in line to take over leadership or one figure to rebuild the organisation. We know that Lincoln March is involved in the show. Lincoln March in the comics is Bruce Wayne's supposed older brother, the first-born son of Thomas and Martha, Thomas Wayne Jr. This character actually has ties with the Court of Owls, and is potentially a major villain in the upcoming show. What If Lincoln March, instead of being Bruce's brother, is his clone, 514A from Gotham? 514A was even created by the Court of Owls, so it would make sense if he became Talon.

Another possibility is that March is a misdirect. What if the real main villain was actually Samantha Wayne, Thomas and Martha's daughter from Pennyworth? We have no idea what happens to her after the events of Pennyworth.

We'll just have to wait and see what connections or contradictions present themselves when Gotham Knights finally releases.

Last edited:
I am not crazy! I know he added those skylines! I knew it was 1007. One after Mountain Drive. As if I could ever make such a mistake. Never. Never! I just – I just couldn't prove it. He – he covered his tracks, he got that idiot at WB to lie for him. You think this is something? You think this is bad? This? This chicanery? They've done worse. That guy at the funeral! Are you telling me that a man just happens to look like that? No! He orchestrated it! Danny Cannon! He directed the pilot episode! And I'll watch it! And I shouldn't have. I took him into my viewership! What was I thinking? He'll never change. He'll never change! Ever since he created Gotham, always the same! Couldn't keep his hands out of the Gothamverse! But not our Danny! Couldn't be precious Danny! Making them watch! And he gets to be a director!? What a sick joke! I should've stopped him when I had the chance! And you – you have to stop him! You-
- Pro Bot having a mental breakdown over a piece of fiction

I'm a say no, it's not. At least, not the EXACT same. Alternate timeline perhaps, if anything. Similar history and what not.

I was just playing around. It's a Better Call Saul reference.
oh never saw Better Call Saul, so didn't get it ahah.

Latest posts

Back