Grand Theft Auto IV

....You mean...I just did all that....and you just....-shame-

no worries. that other way is MUCH cooler if you can pull it off. but from now on, if you just want to take people out from the sky, you have an easier way!

I stayed up until 4 AM playing this.

I'm tired.

YES! Thank you. Just found it.

Always ready to help in reigning down destruction.

OR

you can hijack a helicopter and drop in right next to it.

much easier.

No way. Stealing the helicoptor is much easier than that. You're much likelier to get shot down doing it your way. Least from my experiences with it.

Tch, I stay up to 7AM everyday.

HOORAY NIGHT WORK!

I GET UP at 7 AM every day. So I was functioning on 3 hours of sleep, because of this game.

hm..... So do you need a Gold membership to play online?

And this is why I hate Xbox Live.

What can you do in online play? And does anyone have this for PS3 that would want to play online?

My brother finally finished it yesterday.

Next week, following celebrations (which could see me stumbling into the house at 4AM, if at all) I plan on playing this for as long and in as unhealthy and disgusting a way as possible.

More on this as it comes.

And does anyone have this for PS3 that would want to play online?

asked me a few days ago I would have. I traded this in about 1 week after I got it as I completed it and I got bored with it much faster than any other gta game. But if you get saints row 2 when it's out I'll play you on that

asked me a few days ago I would have. I traded this in about 1 week after I got it as I completed it and I got bored with it much faster than any other gta game.

How do you you and I almost always disagree?

From where I'm coming from GTA4 has a lot more going for it than any of the others (though San Andreas did have a few more customizable features for the character, etc). Eh, whatever. I'm still playing it. Only about 60% completed, though I am taking my time with it.

From where I'm coming from GTA4 has a lot more going for it than any of the others (though San Andreas did have a few more customizable features for the character, etc). Eh, whatever. I'm still playing it. Only about 60% completed, though I am taking my time with it.

To be honest, the few times I have played it suggest that it's not a game I could get really stuck into. It just doesn't look as exciting and gripping as San Andreas was. I seem to be the only person that actually liked (nay LOVED) the customisable elements in San Andreas. And that's all pretty much gone in the new one.

To be honest, the few times I have played it suggest that it's not a game I could get really stuck into. It just doesn't look as exciting and gripping as San Andreas was. I seem to be the only person that actually liked (nay LOVED) the customisable elements in San Andreas. And that's all pretty much gone in the new one.

Hence why I mentioned its absence in GTA4 in comparison to SA could hurt it. However, overall, GTA4 is just a better game in my opinion. The story is better in GTA4 (Niko is far more interesting than CJ "Cliched-Jailbird" from SA), the gameplay more refined, the graphics much better, etc.

I would've liked to see the customizble aspects of SA brought into GTA4, but their absence isn't a big deal in my opinion.

This is just me but I found it to be basically a better looking Gta III. They added some stuff like online , new driving which was cool but some of the new features I didn't like :

- The phone , It got annoying fast. Having people call yoou to take them to a bar or something.

- The places you could go e.g Statue of liberty or what they called it. It was a let down.

- The new police radius thing , I don't want a damn little radius for two stars that can be easily escaped by driving down a long road or highway really fast.

Then they removed garages for residential parking , Lame. No planes , No tanks and more. Now i'm not saying the game was bad I enjoyed it however it felt like a step back from Vice City and SA but with pretty graphics. I just got bored with it fast.

This is just me but I found it to be basically a better looking Gta III. They added some stuff like online , new driving which was cool but some of the new features I didn't like :

- The phone , It got annoying fast. Having people call yoou to take them to a bar or something.

This I completely agree with, mainly because people had a tendency to call just as you're getting somewhere to undertake a mission, etc. It is annoying.

- The places you could go e.g Statue of liberty or what they called it. It was a let down.

Why? The city is huge.

- The new police radius thing , I don't want a damn little radius for two stars that can be easily escaped by driving down a long road or highway really fast.

Then get 6 stars. Not so easy to get away.

Then they removed garages for residential parking , Lame. No planes , No tanks and more. Now i'm not saying the game was bad I enjoyed it however it felt like a step back from Vice City and SA but with pretty graphics. I just got bored with it fast.

I agree about the lack of tanks. However, what do you need a plane for when you have helicopters (one of which features chain guns)? Its basically the same thing.

My biggest gripe was the lack of customizable character attributes like SA had, but I suspect on the next GTA4 era spin-off game (like Vice City and SA were for GTA3) will try to work in some of the aspects SA/Vice City had that GTA4 didn't.

As far as I would guess, they specifically left those customisable character attributes out because people didn't like them in San Andreas (because people are lazy).

I can't see them returning.

Why? The city is huge.

So? If Superman returns the game taught us anything it's a big city does not = a good game.

Then get 6 stars. Not so easy to get away.

Yes but I like the gradually building up stars as you have a huge chase. In this one more than once I've drove down the road fast and lost 2 or 3 stars. That's not cool.

I agree about the lack of tanks. However, what do you need a plane for when you have helicopters (one of which features chain guns)? Its basically the same thing.

Speaking of which the Annihiliator is a much much much more crappy version of the Hunter. At least that had lock on and rockets. And that was in a ps2 game!

My biggest gripe was the lack of customizable character attributes like SA had, but I suspect on the next GTA4 era spin-off game (like Vice City and SA were for GTA3) will try to work in some of the aspects SA/Vice City had that GTA4 didn't.

I too miss that. It's one of the reasons I'm exited for saints row because the first one the customising was awesome.

But here's the thing. "Try to work in some of the aspects SA/Vice City had that GTA4 didn't" They shouldn't have left out so much. The idea I got from the game was they knew the name GTA would sell so it doesn't matter and left out features on purpose for the sole reason of using them to sell the spin-off's , It's a disgrace.

Like I said good game but IMO rockstar was very lazy with it

One of the early missions for Little Jacob has you following a drug dealer back to his supplier...I've tried this twice and both times I spooked him before he got there. If you manage not to alert him can you sneak up on the guys in the apartment and kill them easier?

Also - earlier in the game at the point where you execute the guy hanging off the ledge in the construction site...I accidently killed him before I decided whether or not I wanted to. What are the differences between killing and not killing him?

Latest posts

Back