Grand Theft Auto IV

Me too. I only do story mode to unlock areas of the city but most of the time me and my friends do this.

Step 1

Look on gamefaqs for "wanted level" "weapons" and "armour" codes

Step 2

Write the codes on a piece of paper.

Step 3

Enter codes in following order Armour , weapons , stars.

Step 4

Start stop watch on mobile phone

Step 5

See how long you can last.

After we are killed the next guy starts from Step 3. But I heard this one has split screen multiplayer which if it's true will make us play the game very diffrent.

Whenever there's a gang of people over, I always do that. But for my own private playing, nothing beats story-mode.

Personally, I think that one's first GTA-experience is a profound, life-changing experience in gaming and after that, attempts to replicate the feeling just seem stale and boring.

San Andreas was one of the happiest and most memorable experiences of my life. Vice City and Liberty City Stories were not. Most people I know loved Vice City but just couldn't get into San Andreas.

So I'm not that excited about GTA IV. Hopefully my brother will get it (I'm going to be pretty broke, this summer, with all the different stuff I have planned). I'm actually more stoked about Lego Batman.

Personally, I think that one's first GTA-experience is a profound, life-changing experience in gaming and after that, attempts to replicate the feeling just seem stale and boring.

San Andreas was one of the happiest and most memorable experiences of my life. Vice City and Liberty City Stories were not. Most people I know loved Vice City but just couldn't get into San Andreas.

So I'm not that excited about GTA IV. Hopefully my brother will get it (I'm going to be pretty broke, this summer, with all the different stuff I have planned). I'm actually more stoked about Lego Batman.

See, I played GTAIII first and it was really fantastic. However, Vice City was the game. When I got to San Andreas. . .it started to feel stale. That and I absolutely hated the RPG aspects of it.

But, GTAIV? After hearing about all the innovations and the near perfect recreation of NYC. . .I think it'll be better than VC for me, personally. We'll see, though.

Last edited:
How in the world could this get a 10/10 from IGN. I don't understand that at all. what is so good about this game. i think that starcraft 2 will own this game and every other game out there. (rant over and this is just my two cents)

How in the world could this get a 10/10 from IGN. I don't understand that at all. what is so good about this game. i think that starcraft 2 will own this game and every other game out there. (rant over and this is just my two cents)

Because IGN rating systems for games is extremely flawed. They give games like GTA and Halo more points because they are extremely with too many fan boys that a fair review would be seen as negative. That's how I see it.

Take GTA vice city for example. I love the game I really do. But if any other game had the missions that repetitive , That many glitches , Loading screens that bad ect..... They would loose points. It doesn't make sense unless it's so fanboys are happy or they got paid.

i think that starcraft 2 will own this game and every other game out there. (rant over and this is just my two cents)

What do they have to do with one another?

Have any cheats been released/publicized yet?

I'd rent this tomorrow.... but I know I don't want to get too far into something else right before Iron Man. I'm in the mood for something like this now, but ****..... why does everything have to be so ****ing crammed together this year??

Just popped in from my twenty-four hour GTAfest to give an update.

SSJmole said:
Detailed body parts for damage so you could give some one a warning by say breaking his legs.

There are missions with this. On one mission, you have to teach a trio of guys a lesson, and your boss orders you to specifically blow out one of their legs with a pistol.

Overall, it's a great game. The driving takes getting used to since it departs dramatically from the previous games, but that can be overlooked.

Ricky Gervais is going to appear in Grand Theft Auto IV as a stand-up comedian in Liberty City's Comedy Club.

Gervais says: "I got to wear a tight lycra suit as part of the digital process, that wasn't so good."

That's really neat. :D

There are missions with this. On one mission, you have to teach a trio of guys a lesson, and your boss orders you to specifically blow out one of their legs with a pistol.

Cool thanks that's exactly what I wanted

The entire game feels really different from the GTAIII games. Driving, missions, combat, police interaction. . .hell, the cellphone alone is ridiculous. I went on a date with a girl right after Roman called me about needing help with loansharks, and he called me after the date was over to yell at me for picking a girl over helping him.

I know this is premature, but I'm really curious to see what they do with the downloadable content and the next series of games.

I only "played" it for about an hour yesterday (the first hour of gameplay is more cut scenes than anything) but so far it's awesome. Even just visually - it's amazing. The facial details, the buildings....incredible.

The physics of the cars are much more realistic and not so stiff anymore. Or at least thats what ive heard :)

Latest posts

Back