Grand Theft Auto IV

My brother is getting the game when it comes out as well. I can't wait to play it. I do more of the going around and creating havok then playing the story, but it's all fun.

Me too. I only do story mode to unlock areas of the city but most of the time me and my friends do this.

Step 1

Look on gamefaqs for "wanted level" "weapons" and "armour" codes

Step 2

Write the codes on a piece of paper.

Step 3

Enter codes in following order Armour , weapons , stars.

Step 4

Start stop watch on mobile phone

Step 5

See how long you can last.

After we are killed the next guy starts from Step 3. But I heard this one has split screen multiplayer which if it's true will make us play the game very diffrent.

Yeah, I have way more fun with the armor and weapons cheats just running around than playing the story.

I have fun with both. I love the missions, because a lot of them are very unique and are extremely fun. But then there's just running around and causing all sorts of chaos, and from the previews I've been reading, doing that is more fun that ever before due to the increased A.I.

I have fun with both. I love the missions, because a lot of them are very unique and are extremely fun. But then there's just running around and causing all sorts of chaos, and from the previews I've been reading, doing that is more fun that ever before due to the increased A.I.

Exactly. The story mode gives you a point beyond creating chaos, giving you something to actually achieve. And then of course there's the free-roam blow-whatever-you-want-to-hell approach.

The freedom to do either was what made the replay value on the past GTA games so great.

Exactly. The story mode gives you a point beyond creating chaos, giving you something to actually achieve. And then of course there's the free-roam blow-whatever-you-want-to-hell approach.

The freedom to do either was what made the replay value on the past GTA games so great.

Hell yeah.

See, I was always a sucker for the story. It's so well told and so well acted, that it's a shame to miss it.

I like the story too. It's the missions I don't really really like. 99% of the main ones are one of two things

1) Go some place and kill some one

2) pick someone/something up and drop it off

It feels repetitive for me. So I mainly play free roam.

Last edited:
I like the story too. It's the missions I don't really really like. 99% of the main ones are one of two things

This, I agree with. I'm hoping GTAIV has taken steps to get rid of this problem.

I hate the missions which involve remote controlled cars, helicopters etc. WTF?

Such is the life of an enforcer/hitman.

I hate the missions which involve remote controlled cars, helicopters etc. WTF?

This is probably the first and last time I will ever agree with you.

Those missions suck.

Such is the life of an enforcer/hitman.

True and I get that. But You play as a guy we are meant to be the top criminal in the city by the end there could be more variety.

Examples :

• Stealthy , Puzzle type missions - e.g Cracking a bank vault in more detail similar to the how the Godfather let you but in more detail.
  • Customisation - Like saints row let you customise cars how about a few missions on that e.g Steal a banshee from the following location and deliver it to another with certain conditions like red paint , fancy rims , dark tint on window
  • Assassinate someone of importance. Not saying a real President or anything but a made up one where you need stealth , accuracy and skill to pull it off.
  • Detailed body parts for damage so you could give some one a warning by say breaking his legs.

Those are just off the top of my head now. If I hhad like a year to plan it ect.. like they do they should feel more diffrent. Might be me but they feel too repetitive which sure like you said is what that type of guy does but any other game with repetitive missions looses points rating wise on reviews but gta escapes it makes no sense.

True and I get that. But You play as a guy we are meant to be the top criminal in the city by the end there could be more variety.

Examples :

• Stealthy , Puzzle type missions - e.g Cracking a bank vault in more detail similar to the how the Godfather let you but in more detail.
  • Customisation - Like saints row let you customise cars how about a few missions on that e.g Steal a banshee from the following location and deliver it to another with certain conditions like red paint , fancy rims , dark tint on window
  • Assassinate someone of importance. Not saying a real President or anything but a made up one where you need stealth , accuracy and skill to pull it off.
  • Detailed body parts for damage so you could give some one a warning by say breaking his legs.

Those are just off the top of my head now. If I hhad like a year to plan it ect.. like they do they should feel more diffrent. Might be me but they feel too repetitive which sure like you said is what that type of guy does but any other game with repetitive missions looses points rating wise on reviews but gta escapes it makes no sense.

I hope this makes you feel better. I was watching GTA IV gameplay footage yesterday and the damage system had been completely reworked. I watched Niko pull out a pistol and shoot a random guy on the street in the back of his knee - and he actually screamed, fell forward onto the ground, and began crawling.

I hope this makes you feel better. I was watching GTA IV gameplay footage yesterday and the damage system had been completely reworked. I watched Niko pull out a pistol and shoot a random guy on the street in the back of his knee - and he actually screamed, fell forward onto the ground, and began crawling.

As long as they work it to be a mission of shooting the right part then that's awesome

IGN gives GTA IV a 10/10. The only two other games they've ever given that score to are Soul Caliber and Ocarina of Time.

Latest posts

Back