Green Lantern series discussion (Spoilers!)

But I didn't think that regular continuity Stewart was a Marine... He was an architect... It was in JLU that he was a marine... But I'm probably wrong.

But I didn't think that regular continuity Stewart was a Marine... He was an architect... It was in JLU that he was a marine... But I'm probably wrong.

They retconned in a military background for him.

I don't see the point of retelling Hal's origin, even with the Blackest Night add-ons. Not that it's not good, just blah.

Because it's framing his background with the character as he is today...

I dunno. Also, its really well written, and its a part of Geoff Johns' plan.

Because it's framing his background with the character as he is today...

I dunno. Also, its really well written, and its a part of Geoff Johns' plan.

Still something I'd rather not have to read for the umpteenth time.

It could've been woven into an actual storyline rather than just jumping back for its own arc.

In new continuity, John Stewart was a marine sniper before becoming an architect. I think it fits the character.

Still something I'd rather not have to read for the umpteenth time.

Y'see, I haven't really read any Green Lantern before, and so this is pretty much new to me. But it's well written, and ties into the building storyline. Has anyone told a definitive Hal Jordan origin before?

Joe Kalicki said:
It could've been woven into an actual storyline rather than just jumping back for its own arc.

This was the set-up issue, and we've already seen a new layer to Abin Sur and an appearance by the new villain Atrocitus. I'm sure once we get into the meat of the story it'll start weaving in more important revelations about the storyline.

In new continuity, John Stewart was a marine sniper before becoming an architect. I think it fits the character.

Y'see, I haven't really read any Green Lantern before, and so this is pretty much new to me. But it's well written, and ties into the building storyline. Has anyone told a definitive Hal Jordan origin before?

This was the set-up issue, and we've already seen a new layer to Abin Sur and an appearance by the new villain Atrocitus. I'm sure once we get into the meat of the story it'll start weaving in more important revelations about the storyline.

I haven't read GL before either and this is perfect.

Hal Jordan's origin is the same, everytime it's written.

Fighter pilot with morals, finds a UFO crash site in a desert via mysterious origins, and there, gets the ring.

Every time.

I don't even read Green Lantern, and I know that.

Hal Jordan's origin is the same, everytime it's written.

Fighter pilot with morals, finds a UFO crash site in a desert via mysterious origins, and there, gets the ring.

Every time.

I don't even read Green Lantern, and I know that.
That's true! I saw that on the cartoon when I first learned about Hal/Green Lantern.

Yeah, I know some of you guys are new to GL, which is why I said it's the perfect jumping on point for new readers!

But for me. . . not so perfect.

Has anyone told a definitive Hal Jordan origin before?QUOTE]

Well Apart from (I guess) Green Lantern #1. Emerald Dawn was the post-Crisis on infinite earth, origin. This was followed by Emerald Dawn II that deals with Sinestro, and it's the reason that the parallax story is called Emerald Twilight, and the Final Night tie-in is called Emerald Night.

Those together with Day of Judgement and Zero Hour are all the key events that happen in Hals life before rebirth.

The leader of the Red Lantern Corps (Atrocitus? Atrocious?) is going after William Hand, AKA The Black Hand... who will someday cover the universe in darkness.

Johns is so good. This is how you do events. He's been laying the seeds for the Blackest Night since the very beginning.

The leader of the Red Lantern Corps (Atrocitus? Atrocious?) is going after William Hand, AKA The Black Hand... who will someday cover the universe in darkness.

Johns is so good. This is how you do events. He's been laying the seeds for the Blackest Night since the very beginning.

Yeah, and who's that ****ed up dude who's stalking Carol and now has powers?

I'm kind of bored, so I'm going to take guesses at who will be the 2814 representative for each Corps

Slut-I mean, Star Sapphire
Carol, Cowgirl, Ice, Some other GL love interest I'm not aware of.

Red Lantern
Shark, maybe Doomsday and Black Adam considered like Batman and Scarecrow were for the Sinestros

Indigo Lantern
No idea, though I think it would be funny if Guy became one and reverted to his nice guy-JLI persona.

Orange Lantern
Hector Hammond

Blue Lantern
One of Hal's brothers

Also, I bought the full Sinestro Corps War. It was great.

Latest posts

Back