Green Lantern series discussion (Spoilers!)

Ganthet starting the Blue Lanterns = Awesome

God, every little idea that came from this series is fantastic. I can't wait to see the epic grand finale, even though it'll probably be another year or two.

Not until 2009.

But I bet the lead up will be epic enough.

I had chills reading this and the Black Lanterns scare me. Johns as really mastered what makes a character and their legacy. Jordon, Rayner, and Sinestro fighting tooth and nail with no ring power was brillant. Prime killing the Anti-monitor and than fighting EVERYONE! Green Lantern Corps, Heros, Guardians, and the Sinestro Corps.

I'm geeking out. Sorry.

I was hoping that the Beetle had something to do with the Blue Lanterns.

Just so everyone knows, Indigo and Violet are the same wavelength of color

And this seven color thing reeks of Power Rangers

Last edited:
I wonder what purpose the Alpha Lanterns will serve?

And did anyone look at the GL Files? There are some interesting looking characters in there.

Please elaborate on these "interesting looking characters"...

Also: Click HERE if you want to get a good idea (it summarizes the Alan Moore issue that prophecied a lot of what's happening currently in the series, with excerpts and whatnot) of what's to come.

The Empire of Tears = The Black Lanterns?

There was hundred or more character's for both Corps. Complete with sector, issue origin, and backstory. And lots that haven't really even appeared much or at all.

I knew Sodam Yat was an Alan Moore creation, but I'll read the rest now.

EDIT - This is scary. Empire Of Tears looks seriously frighting and mega awesome. If it's true than Johns is a genius for using a 20 year Moore short story. Lots of that stuff has happened.

Last edited:
Okay, so I understand that there's a lot of characters in the Secret Files special, but some of them are just terrible. They look like high school notebook sketches.

Just picked up the new issue.

The Alpha Lanterns are a fantastic idea. A Green Lanter/Manhunter hybrid acting as Internal Affairs agents? Righteous. I love that John Stewart could have been one.

Also, I liked the Scarecrow cameo.

Another awesome issue. I love how she became the Red Lantern and I hope she gives the Sinestro corps some serious deaths. I just wonder what the next color will be?

Another awesome issue. I love how she became the Red Lantern and I hope she gives the Sinestro corps some serious deaths. I just wonder what the next color will be?

Seems pretty obvious it's going to be the Orange.

Also, I'm hoping they have more inventive names for the other corps then "Red Lantern, Blue Lantern, Indigo Lantern, Black Lantern, etc.)

I agree I hope they have different names but I have a feeling the only ones that will be different is the star sapphires

I dig how the origins of all the different Corps are seeded through different already-established agencies in the Green Lantern universe.

Seriously? No talk about the first part of Secret Origins?

Geoff Johns continues to kick some major ***, and it turns out that this arc does play into "The Blackest Night" after all! We're going to get some depth on Hal's family relationships, as well as Alan Moore's original prophecy of The Blackest Night, since this first issue sets up Abin Sur with the original weird aliens that gave the prophecy twenty-some years ago.

It is so great to be reading the definitive run of a character for our generation, because I think at this point there is no point in denying that this is exactly what's happening.

Seriously? No talk about the first part of Secret Origins?

Geoff Johns continues to kick some major ***, and it turns out that this arc does play into "The Blackest Night" after all! We're going to get some depth on Hal's family relationships, as well as Alan Moore's original prophecy of The Blackest Night, since this first issue sets up Abin Sur with the original weird aliens that gave the prophecy twenty-some years ago.

It is so great to be reading the definitive run of a character for our generation, because I think at this point there is no point in denying that this is exactly what's happening.

You're saying this is the definitive Green Lantern run for our generation? Because, yeah, I agree completely. And we've got James Robinson who's about to be coming onboard with a Green Arrow/Green Lantern style book. If they could just get someone worthwhile on Green Arrow, I'd be happy.

For that matter, this may just be the definitive Green Lantern run period. But I don't know a lot about GL, so......

Also, I loved him getting in a fight with John Stewart. That was a nice touch.

Last edited:
I didn't want to say anything because I wasn't sure if it was the right John Stewart, but you're right, it has to be.

Latest posts

Back