Greg Lantern the Movie

Re: Green Lantern-the Movie

:roll:

I want them to look real enough so that they are part of the scene and not a special effect.

Last edited:

:roll:

I want them to look real enough so that they are part of the scene and not a special effect.

They tried to genetically engineer a creature to look and sound like Kilowog but it failed expectations and escaped the lab before being executed. But thanks to a child's love teaching them the meaning of ethics the scientist decided to let the creature affectionately named Rebecca Black choose her own path.

SCIENCE DAMN YOU FOR WHAT YOU HAVE BROUGHT UPON US!!

Last edited:

Watched it again to see if I got it wrong or not.

The CGI suit is terrible. I can't believe that will be the final render.

Regarding the aliens - forgetting the CGI suits, you guys are right. The actual faces of Sinestro, Toma Re, Kilowog, and Abin Sur (except for his first shot) are fine. Except when they're with Ryan Reynolds because he's not wearing prostheses or having any CGI on his face and so the slight problems in lighting or animation stand out much more than when they are on they're own. But it's not particularly awful, it's perfectly adequate.

It now seems to me what I was actually reacting to (because I still think it all looks bad) was not so much the quality of the CGI aliens, but rather, it was the CGI suits and this: I think they look crap. I've never liked the Green Lantern Corps and I've always thought they looked bloody stupid. 3D CGI versions of them, to me, still look bloody stupid. Which is not really the filmmakers' fault. It's just my personal taste regarding them.

But yeah, the CGI is better than I originally thought. (On the faces of the principal aliens that is. The suits are rubbish.)

Last edited:

They tried to genetically engineer a creature to look and sound like Kilowog but it failed expectations and escaped the lab before being executed. But thanks to a child's love teaching them the meaning of ethics the scientist decided to let the creature affectionately named Rebecca Black choose her own path.

SCIENCE DAMN YOU FOR WHAT YOU HAVE BROUGHT UPON US!!

It was Friday.

CBR:

Star Ryan Reynolds took the stage at WonderCon, Friday and CBR was there as he talked with fans after the successful premiere of new footage. The actor notes that the jokier Hal seen in the initial trailer is only one element of the character. "I would say that in terms of the overall film, Hal is far more aggressive in the movie than he is funny. Once we get into the middle of that second act, everything is pretty significantly serious."

Last edited by E; Today at 12:49 PM. Reason: Removed wildly off topic content

A manip of reynolds in different costume for this movie is wildly off topic? I'd get if you said mildly off topic. But wildly? It's not like I posted this in the thread.

A manip of reynolds in different costume for this movie is wildly off topic? I'd get if you said mildly off topic. But wildly? It's not like I posted this in the thread.

Personal, unsolicited art in a movie thread is completely off-topic. The subject of the art makes zero difference.

I don't understand that. People are always posting fanmade teaser posters of Tom Hardy as Bane or David Tennant as the Riddler or whoever, along with fanmade manipulations of Captain America or Superman's movie costumes. Hell, with SUPERMAN RETURNS we had pictures of the Brandon Routh promo image as the RED SON Superman, Miracleman, Powdered-Toast Man, and so on. They've never been removed before. What's different about Random's? Is it different because one of our members made the image instead of just linking to someone else's? It's really arbitrary, E. Makes no sense.

I assume this is because you finished ULTIMATE DOOM and you felt this was more appropriate than burning all your comics and closing down the site for good. In which case, I understand.

Last edited:

Maybe we should wait until someone deals with the two-thousand or so photoshopped costume pics previously posted, without incident, throughout every single comic-book movie thread on the entire site for the past six years, just so there's no more confusion or derailments.

Let's just drop this and move on before it gets really stupid. Right now, this entire thing is annoying. Let's not exacerbate it.

Last edited:

These Shenanigans Must Stop!

So, apparently the chick who plays Carol Ferris has hinted at playing Star Sapphire in a sequel. :roll:

So, apparently the chick who plays Carol Ferris has hinted at playing Star Sapphire in a sequel. :roll:

I think that's just her hoping she won't be a reoccurring damsel in distress, or worse end up in a refrigerator.

Latest posts

Back