Greg Lantern the Movie

Re: Green Lantern-the Movie

So, apparently the chick who plays Carol Ferris has hinted at playing Star Sapphire in a sequel. :roll:
I think that's just her hoping she won't be a reoccurring damsel in distress, or worse end up in a refrigerator.

That wouldn't be the worst idea, at least if they're planning on including other coloured Lanterns anyway. Even if it's just Blake Lively's hoping for those reasons, the reasons are sound.

That wouldn't be the worst idea, at least if they're planning on including other coloured Lanterns anyway. Even if it's just Blake Lively's hoping for those reasons, the reasons are sound.
I would love to see the war of lights and have it lead to a Blackest night adaption, I think there's a lot of cool potential there
So no one is going to ask what "exacerbate" means?! NO ONE?

You are all collectively the worst human beings alive.

I don't want to know... it sounds dirty...

Very Clear Photos of the Costume

I think they look pretty good, but if haven't liked the look before, I doubt this will change your mind. It does show that there are distinct green and black areas on the suit, which is nice. The feet look a little weird, and I have to say that it might have been a better idea if the entire costume was "smooth" (not muscular), yet still created though CGI. That said, I still think it looks pretty good. Different, yes, but not bad.

When it comes down to it, how good this movie is will have almost nothing to do with the costume.

God it looks terrible. What annoys me most is that the slightest change would make the concept look a million times better like here, just having a clear separation of green and black makes all the difference. Just sucks that merchandise from the movie looks better than the movie itself, I just don't know who looked at the final render and said "That's it"

dcdjordanbust.jpg

Last edited:

God it looks terrible. What annoys me most is that the slightest change would make the concept look a million times better like here, just having a clear separation of green and black makes all the difference. Just sucks that merchandise from the movie looks better than the movie itself, I just don't know who looked at the final render and said "That's it"

Did you not watch the Wondercon footage? There's a very distinct line delineating the black and green. It looks pretty much exactly like that bust, just without the metallic sheen to the green.

In the Wondercon footage, i'm not seeing any "toes". I'm thinking the "Very Clear Photos" were from early CG tests.

Did you not watch the Wondercon footage? There's a very distinct line delineating the black and green. It looks pretty much exactly like that bust, just without the metallic sheen to the green.

You're right there is a distinction, but not when it's all lit up much like it is in those photos. And that's where I can't stand it.
There's a big difference between something looking terrible and something not looking ideal.

Let me clarify. Those pictures look terrible. The way the costumes in those pictures is terrible in my opinion

Last edited:

New Trailer

There's actually quite a bit of new footage. It looks good, and the CGI seems improved. There's more Hector Hammond and Sinestro in this trailer, as well as a first look at the Guardians. Kilowags voice is clearly MCD as well.

I know I'm going to get hate for this, but, I like the cgi costume, but not for the obvious reason (appearance). It allows the filmmakers the ability to tinker with it, literally until release. Looking at the newest trailer, then comparing to the original promo photos, there's been some serious tweaking of the costume. Which, in my opinion, is a good thing.

Now, with that said, it's not really fitting with every character, physical costumes will, and should, be used more often than not for now.

I love how everything now has the trailer music from INCEPTION.

I think it looks fine. To be honest, this is one of those concepts that's just going to be a bit cheesy on the big screen. But as long as you keep that in mind and don't go in expecting it to be The Dark Knight, I think it will still be a fun movie.

I know I'm going to get hate for this, but, I like the cgi costume, but not for the obvious reason (appearance). It allows the filmmakers the ability to tinker with it, literally until release. Looking at the newest trailer, then comparing to the original promo photos, there's been some serious tweaking of the costume. Which, in my opinion, is a good thing.
Yeah infact the studio gave them 9 million more dollars to pay for cleaning up the CGI

I love how everything now has the trailer music from INCEPTION.

That sounded like a generic trailer music that's been around for 15 years.

Geoffrey Rush is great but... yeah... I just don't like Green Lantern. I'm trying, but I just don't like the character or even the concept behind it. I hope the film changes my mind just as THOR and IRON MAN did. :?

Geoffrey Rush is great but... yeah... I just don't like Green Lantern. I'm trying, but I just don't like the character or even the concept behind it. I hope the film changes my mind just as THOR and IRON MAN did. :?

Well I was never keen on GL myself until I read some of the recent Green Lantern stories by Geoff Johns and I really liked them. Everyone has different tastes and such, but sometimes its interesting to try something new. I still have concerns whether this movie will good or not, I am more looking forward to X-Men First Class and Captain America then this film.

Last edited:

Well I was never keen on GL myself until I read some of the recent Green Lantern stories by Geoff Johns and I really liked them.

Same here. It wasn't really until Sinestro Corps War actually. I really liked the concept and the story and went back and read Rebirth and the rest of the Geoff Johns stuff - he's done great things on the book.

This film is seriously pissing me off, I hate all the photos of the costumes yet it seems fine on screen. WHY MUST I BE SO DIVIDED!

Anyway I'm really liking the rest of the film, I think they have a good handle on the mythology. Though parallax just looks creepy weird, the term "yellow energy" just didn't fit, and the energy constructs just seem laughable. I always felt the GL energy constructs should be basic shapes. When you have him make a huge gun I just can't take it seriously.

Latest posts

Back