Greg Lantern the Movie

Re: Green Lantern-the Movie

Is he going to look like this?

green-lantern-20090918-hector-hammond.png

I kinda assume he's going to be a Justin Hammer type villain. I think
Legion is the main villain, with Sinestro being set up for future movies.

I've got to see this Green Lantern DTV so I can properly judge on how much DC might be dropping the ball with the live action film.

Looks Like Sinestro Will Be In THE GREEN LANTERN Movie After All, And Here's Who's Playing Him!!

Earlier this week, we learned that Peter Sarsgaard was in talks to play Dr. Hector Hammond in Martin Campbell's GREEN LANTERN movie. This disappointed fans who were hoping Sinestro would make an appearance in the film.

Well...

Drew over at HitFix has learned that Sinestro may be in the movie after all - evidently in an introductory capacity with an aim towards using the character (and the actor playing him) in future installment.

And who's it gonna take that role? Looks like Harry's initial report that Jackie Earle Haley would play the part are panning out.

I really hope he doesn't turn until the second movie. It'd make him more sympathetic if they spent an entire movie building up his relationship with Hal I think.

I really hope he doesn't turn until the second movie. It'd make him more sympathetic if they spent an entire movie building up his relationship with Hal I think.

Agreed. I could even see them doing a slow burn and making him take a heel turn leading into or during the third film. Make Sinestro-as-villain the major arc of a trilogy.

Do it like Anakin in the Star Wars prequels. Except. You know. Good.

Peter Sarsgaard and Jackie Earle Haley: I support these casting decisions.

Strong is a good choice... And going with Hammond is interesting. It really looks as though they'll be working off of Green Lantern: Secret Origins by Geoff Johns... Which is prolly smart. I doubt Hammond starts the film with the Giant head... I bet there are those little german speaking aliens and they interfere and super-brainify Hammond, and Hal and Sinestro team up to take him down.

I'm definitely getting more and more excited for this movie. They are really embracing the mythology, which is maybe the most important thing they could do, in my opinion.

I was wondering that too... There definitely has to be some desire to cash in on Blackest Night, but to establish all of the necessary elements to that story would require a ****-ton of movies, and I doubt that'll happen...

I think it's more likely that film #2 would be Sinestro being tossed out, getting the yellow ring, and then being imprisoned in the power battery, with Hal giving John Stewart or Guy Gardner a ring... And then maybe in #3 they'll do a mini Parallax scenario, except resolve it all in one film, which I definitely think is doable. Somewhere in there, they'll prolly also force Ms. Lively in a Star Sapphire outfit.

Latest posts

Back