This movie iz going to be FLAMES but i think they sorta dropped the ball in the trailer commercial department. It only appeals to fans of tarantino and rodriguez. I AM LITERALLY HAVING TO CONVINCE ALL MY FRIENDS TO SEE THIS!!!!!!

My friends are like
"son why would you wanna see that it looks corny and stupid as ****"
and I try to convince em that the trailers are suppose to look corny cuz it's a throwback to the old grindhouse films but no one believes me!!!!!!

:?

Really? Most of my friends go "She's got a machine gun for a leg! We have to go see it!"

Sometimes I think I need new friends.

Really? Most of my friends go "She's got a machine gun for a leg! We have to go see it!"

That's what *I* said when I saw it.

me and my friends saw the commercial for this when we went to see 300, we all looked at each other and said "we have to see this movie"

you don't need new friends, everyone else needs better ones

Now that I'm 17, I can officially go see this movie on opening day tomorrow. :rockon:

And the good news doesn't stop there: Grindhouse has gotten great reviews, with Entertainment Weekly giving it an A and Ty Burr (The Boston Globe) giving it ***1/2/****

I am so psyched.

:)

I'm going to see it tomorrow with my cousin.

An awesome way to kick off my Spring Break.

:rockon:

Just got back from it. An absolutely AMAZING film on all levels. It's a bit long (3 1/2 hours) and the second feature, Death Proof, has a slow start, but the entire experience is more than satisfying.

Watch this if you've ever enjoyed a Tarintino or Rodriguez film. I guarantee you'll enjoy it. :D

Oh...my...god....

BEST MOVIE EVER!!

Did the Midnight showing, I'm going to go see it again today.

My ONLY complaint, I'd wanna see Werewolf Women of the SS as a real movie.

Yeah, I thought with the trailer in the middle... People would want to see it made into an actual movie. I think that would be cool, too.

I've actually heard somewhere that one of the fake trailers may be made into a real film -- I just don't know which one it is.

The one at the beginning, Machete, supposedly is. Rodriguez is going to direct it.

Also, Tarintino said, if/when they make a sequel, he wants his part to be a kung fu flick in mandarin with subtitles. :rockon:

YES!YES!YES!

GRINDHOUSE!!!

Grindhouse is the Snakes On A Plane of 2007, except 500 times better.

Grindhouse, how I love thee, let me count the ways:

PLANET TERROR

Crazy, hilarious, and all around awesome.

Loved Naveen Andrews' character and his testicle collection. He started picking them up and putting them in his pockets when the shooting broke out! He got a great death, too. One of the best head explosion effects that I've ever seen.

"The Babysitter Twins" were some of the best characters in the movie.

I would be highly surprised if I was the only person who said "Fergalicious!" when Fergie started getting eaten by the zombies. When they showed that her brain was missing, my cousin leaned over and said "Fergie has no brain, how surprising."

Speaking of that, zombies that actually eat brains!!! And do a lot of other incredibly disgusting things also! Tarantino and Willis' characters turning zombie was absolutely sick. Tarantino had one of the best death scenes in the movie, though. Table leg through the ****ing eye.

I loved the "REEL MISSING" bit where apparently a ton of interesting things happen that we never see. "I had no idea you were ... Elray."

The machine gun leg lived up to the hype. Totally.

DEATH PROOF

It was slow to start, but I still loved every part of it.

The dialogue was classic Tarantino and therefore excellent.

I liked the original title flashing on screen before being replaced by DEATH PROOF and the random cameo by Eli Roth.

I was not expecting the first group of girls to get killed so quickly, but the surprise of it was great.

Kurt Russel was awesome as expected.

The later parts of the movie were even better. Some of the best car chases I've ever seen. After the first scene, when Zoe picked up the rod and got back in the car so they could chase after Stuntman Mike, all I could think was "He just ****ed with the wrong *****es".

From Mike screaming because of his gunshot wound on out, everyone in the audience was just laughing. They just completely shatter your badass image of the character. Kim bumping the car and screaming at him was great. "I ain't gonna let you get away,...before I tap that *** one more time."

Beating the crap out of him after they crashed his car...The audience was practically cheering at that point. What an unbelievably great way to end a movie.

AND THE TRAILERS...

Were possibly the best part of the whole thing.

The cameo by Cheech Marin as the priest practically made "Machete" for me. So awesome.

The little note at the beginning of "Warewolf Women of the S.S." trying to give it some historical context was hilarious, as was

"NICOLAS CAGE

AS

FU MANCHU!"

"THIS IS MY MECCA!!!"

"DON'T!" was classic, especially the appearance by Nick Frost. The announcer had me in stitches. "DON'T LOOK UP, DON'T LOOK DOWN, DON'T BREATH"

And "Thanksgiving" illicited the most horrified reaction I've ever seen out of an audience. The knife in the trampoline, the "turkey". I loved all the randomly severed head and the "It's blood." line.

So, in case you can't tell, I loved it. This was one of the most supremely entertaining movies in years.

This is what it means to go to the theater and get your money's worth.

Also, Tarintino said, if/when they make a sequel, he wants his part to be a kung fu flick in mandarin with subtitles. :rockon:
I am never sure whether I hate Quentin Tarantino with a fiery passion or not.

I am never sure whether I hate Quentin Tarantino with a fiery passion or not.

He signed an autograph for me one time and drew a picture of a guy wearing a shirt that says, "Erik is Cool".

I would have his babies if I could.

Latest posts

Back