Guitar Hero 3

I hate Guitar Hero

I cannot get the hang of it. I simply cannot.

I do not know what is wrong with me. I just try and try and FAIL. Everytime. I FAIL.

*sigh*

Bring it to WWC, I'll play against ya, and I'll kick your *** with my mighty axe. I'LL DO IT!

If someone brings Guitar Hero to WWC I might not actually make it into the con.

My best buddy got GH3 for Christmas and has been playing it ever since. Being second-in-command in terms of Guitar Hero talent amongst my friends, I had a stab at it and it's pretty good. Some nice new features ('Battle' in multiplayer is cool). Not too many songs that I'm too crazy about, in comparison to the other games (this has always been the reason why I've never caved and just bought the game). My favourite songs are probably "Paranoid", "Ruby" and "Through the Fire and Flames".

The last one is concentrated awesomeness. :rockon:

Last edited:
Hilarious:

[youtube]Ua3hZXfNZOE[/youtube]

My cousin has both Guitar Hero 3 and Rock Band. I've said that the next time we see each other we have to have a guitar battle and then reconcile and form a band.

I can barely do medium and I never tried anything harder than that. Stupid blue button.

The blue button is easy - the orange one is what kills me. I must not be holding it right so that I can move my hand.

The way I hold it, my index finger is on green, middle on red, ring on yellow, and pinky on blue. I'm not used to it enough to be able to let a finger cover more than one button.

The blue button is easy - the orange one is what kills me. I must not be holding it right so that I can move my hand.

The way I hold it, my index finger is on green, middle on red, ring on yellow, and pinky on blue. I'm not used to it enough to be able to let a finger cover more than one button.

Yeah, that's how I hold it. And I'm okay at blue, just not blue combos. Esepcially blue and red. And every now and then my whole hand shifts over so my pinky is on orange, etc, and that screws me up. I can't keep my fingers on the buttons when I'm not playing though, and I have to practice that. Like, when I push red or green or whatever all my other fingers are off the other buttons.

I did get almost 200,000 on Heart-Shaped Box in Guitar Hero 2, though.

Yeah, that's how I hold it. And I'm okay at blue, just not blue combos. Esepcially blue and red. And every now and then my whole hand shifts over so my pinky is on orange, etc, and that screws me up. I can't keep my fingers on the buttons when I'm not playing though, and I have to practice that. Like, when I push red or green or whatever all my other fingers are off the other buttons.

I did get almost 200,000 on Heart-Shaped Box in Guitar Hero 2, though.

Shifting from blue/red to yellow/green is hard. It takes some practice.

I got Guitar Hero 2 for Christmas and I can't believe how easy it is. I've played about 20 songs on medium and haven't scored under 97% yet, all on the first time. I played 2 for a while and was kicking *** on it so I put in 3 because I'm trying really hard to get 5 stars on Knights of Cydonia on medium, thinking that the practice on 2 will pay off...but I just...can't...get it. Still can't.

I only played 3 once, at Christmas. Then my roomate and I went halfsies for two guitars and the Guitar Hero/Guitar Hero 2 collection, so that's about all I know right now.

Yeah that's what I do. My problem with the orange is that when you have to combo it with the others my hand forgets that it's shifted down a button.

I generally slide down to get the orange, playing red-yellow-blue-orange and not touching green, then jumping back up when I need a green.

Shifting from blue/red to yellow/green is hard. It takes some practice.

I got Guitar Hero 2 for Christmas and I can't believe how easy it is. I've played about 20 songs on medium and haven't scored under 97% yet, all on the first time. I played 2 for a while and was kicking *** on it so I put in 3 because I'm trying really hard to get 5 stars on Knights of Cydonia on medium, thinking that the practice on 2 will pay off...but I just...can't...get it. Still can't.

Listen to the song.

Seriously - if you like a song, it becomes 10 times easier. I really like CLIFFS OF DOVER and stuck it on my iPod playlist. Didn't touch Guitar Hero 3 for a week, and now, I can pretty much nail the intro solo to it on expert.

I can't stand Slipknot's crappy song on the list, so I can't even get past the intro on hard, whereas ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE is such a great song, I can complete it on expert.

The more you like the song, the easier it is to play it on the game.

Listen to the song.

Seriously - if you like a song, it becomes 10 times easier. I really like CLIFFS OF DOVER and stuck it on my iPod playlist. Didn't touch Guitar Hero 3 for a week, and now, I can pretty much nail the intro solo to it on expert.

I can't stand Slipknot's crappy song on the list, so I can't even get past the intro on hard, whereas ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE is such a great song, I can complete it on expert.

The more you like the song, the easier it is to play it on the game.
This is very correct. The first song I ever got 100% on was "When You Were Young", which I love and was looking forward to playing before I got the game. The second song I got 100% on was "Anarchy In the UK", which I also love and was really looking forward to playing.

Last edited:
I would have kicked his *** in retribution

I hate you all

I can't get past easy.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As far as the orange button goes, it's the bane of my existence. Over the last couple of weeks, I've started shifting onto the 'Hard' difficulty and it's an entirely different kettle of fish. I reckon the only way for me to truly get better would be to get a lend of the game for a solid week.

This is very correct. The first song I ever got 100% on was "When You Were Young", which I love and was looking forward to playing before I got the game. The second song I got 100% on was "Anarchy In the UK", which I also love and was really looking forward to playing.

I've never got 100%.

I was playing SLOW RIDE on easy, and it was so simple - and I missed one note out of boredom. Curses.

I think I should've tried it with a song I really like.

Latest posts

Back